Windows 10: Any way to check for altered group policy entries en masse?

Discus and support Any way to check for altered group policy entries en masse? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So after some errors in my event viewer, and some changes I made years ago that were probably not well thought out, I'd like to take stock. I know i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Feb 4, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Any way to check for altered group policy entries en masse?

So after some errors in my event viewer, and some changes I made years ago that were probably not well thought out, I'd like to take stock.

I know i could technically go through and check every single folder and entry in group policy to see whats changed, but id prefer if i could automate this somehow.

Someone mentioned checking the event viewers security log but mine has been cleared a dozen times over.

Hoping there is some script floating around or easy way to simply see what policies ARENT set to "not configured" or something along those lines.

:)

klepp0906, Feb 4, 2020

2. Failed to connect to the group policy client services

Hi Mukul,

Thank you for posting in Community. I understand your concern and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

The issue that you are facing may be due to the reasons stated below:

· User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working.

· Antivirus software conflicts.

· I would suggest that you first check if the services for Group Policy are running.

To do so follow the steps mentioned below
    :

• Find the Group Policy Client service.
    • Right click on the service, and click on Properties.
    • The service status should be started and startup type
      automatic, if not, change the values accordingly, then click Apply and then OK.
    • Press Windows + R key and type "services.msc" and press enter.

Let us know if this helps.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Any way to check for altered group policy entries en masse?

Couldn't connect to windows group policy service????

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing as with error: Couldn't connect to windows group policy service, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you received this error code?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile, User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

I suggest you to check with the following and check if it helps.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service is disabled
    the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start
    the service and set it to Automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Any way to check for altered group policy entries en masse?

1. Any way to check for altered group policy entries en masse? - Similar Threads - check altered group

2. group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  3. group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  4. Missing Group Policy Editor entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Group Policy Editor entries: I am trying to follow these instructions to troubleshoot PS3 controller driver issues: Disable driver signature enforcement [Windows Guide] However, I hit a roadblock. I installed the Group Policy Editor enabler using the .bat file, and then I oped gpedit.msc I navigated...
  5. Strange Entries in Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Entries in Group Policy Editor: [ATTACH] Hi Guys, i was trying to trigger the 20h2 update in the group policy editor and saw this weird "Windows Security" entry, that doesnt seem normal. Anybody know whats up here? WIndows 10 Pro 10.0.18363...
  6. How do I mass alter files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I mass alter files?: I have MP3 files that I need to alter the details of, thing is there's kind of a lot, is there anyway that I can select all of them and alter the details that way, they are all the same file type. submitted by /u/FlauntyPack56 [link] [comments]...
  7. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy: Hello, I am trying to update/alter a group policy for my work network (20,000 endpoints) remotely through a distribution platform (BigFix). When I have tried to change GP through the registry it gets overwritten. What would be the easiest way to change GP on all endpoints...
  8. Start Menu works but cannot be altered in any way

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu works but cannot be altered in any way: This is a problem that affects my PC but, oddly, not my laptop. Both are running W10 build 1809. On both devices, I like to create my own categories and specify which tiles appear in them. Since the most recent upgrade to 1809, this is no longer possible on the PC. I can...
  9. Start Menu works but cannot be altered in any way

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Menu works but cannot be altered in any way: This is a problem that affects my PC but, oddly, not my laptop. Both are running W10 build 1809. On both devices, I like to create my own categories and specify which tiles appear in them. Since the most recent upgrade to 1809, this is no longer possible on the PC. I can...
  10. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965