Windows 10: Any way to check if a license key has been activated before?

Discus and support Any way to check if a license key has been activated before? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to return a key I bought that is no longer needed and when I try to they are saying "there are no screenshots proving the key does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Johnny_Normalname, May 17, 2019.

1. Any way to check if a license key has been activated before?

Hi,

I am trying to return a key I bought that is no longer needed and when I try to they are saying "there are no screenshots proving the key does not work and we have no guarantee that the key has not been used thus we cannot refund you".

I have not used the key myself and am wondering is there any way to check if the key is still valid for use? If I can get this information I feel like they have no choice but to give me a refund.

Thanks!

:)

Johnny_Normalname, May 17, 2019

2. License Key Check

The only way to tell is to install and see if you can activate with them.

There are MSDN Windows 7 Retail licenses but they are not to be sold and they do get picked up by Microsoft.

There is no list kept of product keys.

I advise anyone wanting to buy 7:

Warning:

You do not buy a Product Key by itself, as they are normally stolen/pirated, Volume Licenses which are not for private use, or MSDN keys which are not to be sold by the original subscription holder.

Make sure that you buy the complete sealed package (DVD, license)

Bill Smithers, May 17, 2019
  3. Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license

Finally got it activated but still confused as to what is really going on with activation.

here is what I did:

-got another Win7 Pro key from a friend (non volume license one)
    -I tried to activate it, but it gave the same error message as before, "could not activate with this key"
    -following suggestion above, I tried it a second time. This time it activated !!! (internet was connected both times)

don't know why just doing it 2 times makes it work. maybe someone else can explain that.

I checked it with ShowkeyPlus and to my surprise it now said it was activated and showed the installed key as the generic Win10Pro key that is listed in above post. But I did not enter that key. ????

tikicarver, May 17, 2019
  4. Any way to check if a license key has been activated before?

License Key Check

Hi

MSP question here - A customer of ours recently purchased a number of Windows 7 Pro license keys from the following website

Buy Windows 10 Pro License Keys | MS Office 2019 Keys - Softwaregeeks.co.uk

We suspect the keys are not genuine but I can't find any tools or ways to check whether the keys are genuine or if they're just reselling volume or MSDN keys. Microsoft's support pages are severely lacking. The keys required phone activation and would not
    activate over the internet with a generic error code. The prices on the site seem to fit the "too good to be true" test though.

We don't want to use non-genuine keys or assist the customer in so doing. How can we verify?

Thanks

Adam Williams (adam.williams), May 17, 2019
Thema:

Any way to check if a license key has been activated before?

1. Any way to check if a license key has been activated before? - Similar Threads - check license key

2. License has been downgraded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License has been downgraded: I have been using Windows 10 and I thought 11 as well as an enterprise user. But for some weird reason, my license got downgraded to a home license without me noticing. Today I had to use an enterprise option but wasn't able to…Is there any solution for this?...
  3. License has been downgraded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    License has been downgraded: I have been using Windows 10 and I thought 11 as well as an enterprise user. But for some weird reason, my license got downgraded to a home license without me noticing. Today I had to use an enterprise option but wasn't able to…Is there any solution for this?...
  4. windows 10 wants to me to activate it when it has been activated before

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 wants to me to activate it when it has been activated before: ok so I was chilling on the couch using my mothers laptop and the some message popped up saying the computer needed to be activated so I searched it up on google and I learned that the laptop was already activated so I questioned the internet and it was unhelpful now im here...
  5. windows 10 wants to me to activate it when it has been activated before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 wants to me to activate it when it has been activated before: ok so I was chilling on the couch using my mothers laptop and the some message popped up saying the computer needed to be activated so I searched it up on google and I learned that the laptop was already activated so I questioned the internet and it was unhelpful now im here...
  6. windows 10 wants to me to activate it when it has been activated before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Activation key check

Activation key check: can I check the legality of an Windows 10 activation key what i purchased online, before entering it on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-key-check/8a6bf7ba-06bf-40cb-939e-721f2365a911
  8. Is there a way to check if my windows 10 key is legit BEFORE using it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to check if my windows 10 key is legit BEFORE using it?: So, I've never activated a windows key on a desktop PC since it's the first time I'm building it, someone gave me a key for free but I'm not so sure if I should use so my question is, can o are if the key is not in use or of it's legal before using it? Also, if I can't, what...
  9. Is there a way to check how many times a product key has been used to activate Windows 10?

Is there a way to check how many times a product key has been used to activate Windows 10?: Hi. Is there a tool or service from Microsoft that would let me check how many times a particular Windows 10 Product Key was used for activation? The key is retail, not volume. Thank you!...
  10. activation license key

activation license key: Does anyone know how to activate license key and what exactly is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-license-key/575d56f8-4838-441e-bb55-6012eae866e8"