Windows 10: Any way to choose what news services are being used...?

Discus and support Any way to choose what news services are being used...? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In Edge Home page or the News app? 31206 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TheMany, Nov 22, 2015.

1. TheMany Win User

Any way to choose what news services are being used...?

In Edge Home page or the News app?

:)

TheMany, Nov 22, 2015
  2. letti002 Win User

How can I choose to see what Updates are being offered and then only download?

It should be noted that the option to choose no longer exists.

I have a program that needs to run for more than a week and it is stopped each time with an automatic re-boot.

I am to the point where I should just unplug my computer from the Internet to protect it from Microsoft.

letti002, Nov 22, 2015
  3. How can I choose to see what Updates are being offered and then only download?

Original title: Windows 10 UPDATE screwed me! Now What?

How can I choose to see what Updates are being offered and then only download and install them when I'm ready?

As a developer, I work with a lot of open files across three screens, sometimes as many as 30-40 open all at once with pointers into each file at exact points of interest. On NYE 2015 I got up from my machine and when I returned one 1/1/2016 my screens
    were all blank. Not only were all my views closed along with all my applications but the work I was doing was unsaved and days of work was lost. The Notification center was happy as could be, Updates were Installed!

This mildly said SUCKS!!!! I have been trying to read how to prevent this sort of thing from ever happening again. My consulting rates don't include charging my customers for time lost do to Microsoft fixing my computer. But is it even broken... I don't
    surf the web and if I do some research, I only go to trusted sites. I don't play games and for the most part I done install anything new - I work in Visual Studio, SQL Server and leave the rest of the world alone. And I really don't care if some new language
    pack has the wrong accent over a letter that I will never see.

So why should I be forced to get updates that I really don't need? It takes be several hours to reopen a project with al the correct tables aligned and displays on my screens and being forced to create MY environment so some junior product manager can say
    he/she is keeping their code up to date is really not right to the customer.

harveymushman, Nov 22, 2015
  4. Any way to choose what news services are being used...?

How do you mean
    Please explain more
    What you want to do or trying to do

hTconeM9user, Nov 22, 2015
  5. TheMany Win User
    For instance, in the News app it is picking stories from The NY Times, BBC, Washington Post, Fox News, and a bunch of other outlets and publications.

Is there anywhere to set it to show me (for sake of argument) say articles from only the NY Times and BBC?

TheMany, Nov 22, 2015
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    In the Windows 8 News app you could choose your own news sources and even pin individual sources to the Start Screen, but I've just looked and it doesn't look like you can do that with the Windows 10 News App.

Same with the Sports app, it doesn't look like you can pin your favourite team/league to the Start Screen anymore either.

ARC1020, Nov 22, 2015
  7. TheMany Win User
    Thanks, ARC1020. That's what I suspected.

Oh well, that's one more app off my start menu.

TheMany, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Any way to choose what news services are being used...?

1. Any way to choose what news services are being used...? - Similar Threads - choose news services

2. News and Interest being weird?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    News and Interest being weird?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Glitched12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wtkvr4/news_and_interest_being_weird/
  3. the location service does not turn on in any way, on a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the location service does not turn on in any way, on a laptop: Hello. who can tell, the location service does not turn on in any way, the ESET antivirus has already googled what it could, or how I can not find a way to turn it on and off freely, it is now disabled and not turned on ......
  4. the location service does not turn on in any way, on a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the location service does not turn on in any way, on a laptop: Hello. who can tell, the location service does not turn on in any way, the ESET antivirus has already googled what it could, or how I can not find a way to turn it on and off freely, it is now disabled and not turned on ......
  5. Windows Update service not loading in any way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update service not loading in any way: Issues:Hi! Recently, I saw that Windows 11 was out, and decided to update. I launched the Settings app and clicked into "Security and Updates". However, after clicking it, it just didn't load at all. I restarted the Settings app and tried other options, and all worked fine:...
  6. Windows Update service not loading in any way

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update service not loading in any way: Issues:Hi! Recently, I saw that Windows 11 was out, and decided to update. I launched the Settings app and clicked into "Security and Updates". However, after clicking it, it just didn't load at all. I restarted the Settings app and tried other options, and all worked fine:...
  7. Windows Update service not loading in any way

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Way to find if any of these services are running in Windows 10?

Way to find if any of these services are running in Windows 10?: [ATTACH] When I initially installed Windows I disabled every privacy settings it wanted me to activate but last night when I logged in I saw this popup which resembled a lot to those privacy settings. I was extremely tired to process all that info and so I just clicked...
  9. Is there any way to visualize how much ReadyBoost RAM is being used?

Is there any way to visualize how much ReadyBoost RAM is being used?: So when you virtualize ram on physical storage using a USB stick, it doesn't appear alongside your memory usage in TaskManager. I wanted to know how I can verify how much RAM is being used by the USB's nand flash submitted by /u/Thanhtacles [link] [comments]...
  10. Is there any way that we can choose what shows in the new "dark mode"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there any way that we can choose what shows in the new "dark mode"?: As the subject states, I just got the latest October update, and I normally have the dark theme enabled, as I like the settings window to be dark, but now you guys made it so it changes the file explorer. Is there any way we can keep it so we can have the dark theme enabled...