Windows 10: Any way to disable a controller button?

Discus and support Any way to disable a controller button? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a USB connected controller. There is one button on the controller that is faulty and switches itself on when I'm not expecting it. I would like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Globespy, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Globespy Win User

Any way to disable a controller button?

I have a USB connected controller. There is one button on the controller that is faulty and switches itself on when I'm not expecting it. I would like to find a way to disable this particular button.
    I can see the specific button when I'm in Windows USB game controller options. If I know the number of the button that is faulty (I can see the specific button light up and know it's number) surely there must be a way to access some kind of software 'switch' to disable this button within windows? There must be an XML/initiative configuration file somewhere?
    Unfortunately I cannot simply disconnect a wire from the controller as the button is on a circuit board with multiple other buttons.
    Any help is appreciated.
    PS I've heard about a program called xpadder however the developer does not seem to be responsive to any questions despite still trying to sell the software!
    Hoping someone who has used xpadder can advise if it has the functionality to togglel on/off a button or function on a controller.
    While not the ideal solution it would be a good other option for me.
    Thanks

:)

Globespy, Jan 29, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Any way to disable updates

Hi UF6,

First, change your login to a local Account:

Open the Settings App

Go o Accounts - Sign In Options

Choose to sign in with a local Account

Click your Start Button, type services and hit ENTER

Scroll down the list of services to find Windows Update

Double click the service

If it has started, click 'Stop'

Then you must set its startup type to 'Disabled' - 'Manual' will not do!

Restart your PC

That's It!

DaveM121, Jan 29, 2017
  3. Any way to disable updates

It seems like a fair amount of work. I will try some of these suggestions, but I think I may just set up an Ubuntu dual boot.

uraniumhexoflorite, Jan 29, 2017
  4. Any way to disable a controller button?

I'm aware of how to remap a nonworking keyboard button by remapping it (in the Registry) to a key that does work, but not how to disable a nonworking controller button. Xpadder might let you remap it, not sure. Honestly though, your best bet is to just get a new controller. You can buy a Logitech controller from Target, etc for like $25 to $30, works in all the games I've tried. I've had the same controller for several years now, still works great.

AnonVendetta, Feb 6, 2017
  5. Globespy Win User
    Thanks for the reply. It's a $300 racing simulation hardware so not ideal to just buy another one when everything else works and I don't even use the button in question.

Globespy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Any way to disable a controller button?

1. Any way to disable a controller button? - Similar Threads - disable controller button

2. Is there any way to disable dx12 or d3d12?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to disable dx12 or d3d12?: Ive been trying to play Titanic Honor and Glory but it keeps saying "DX12 is not supported on your system. Try running without the -dx12 or -d3d12 command line argument.". I use a Windows 10....
  3. Is there any way to control the fan speed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to control the fan speed?: I use a Mac as well and there is a utility app called Macs Fan Control where you can easily set a custom fan speed. On the other hand, my windows laptops overheats a lot and I'd like to know if there is any way I can increase/decrease the fan speed... If you know a way then...
  4. Is there any way to disable Windows 10 shitty desktop controller support.

Is there any way to disable Windows 10 shitty desktop controller support.: Is there any way to disable it. I and many other others are plagued by this. I want my controller companion to work properly. I don't want dual input. submitted by /u/greysavage [link] [comments]...
  5. The buttons for the control center are way too big.

The buttons for the control center are way too big.: [ATTACH] Everything else is fine except for this. submitted by /u/Aora_Studios [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fqpbqd/the_buttons_for_the_control_center_are_way_too_big/
  6. Is there any way for me to disable the "controller" on my headset?

Is there any way for me to disable the "controller" on my headset?: It's super sensitive and even the slightest touch can cause my PC to be muted, which is really bad for somebody into competitive games like me. I don't wanna straight up disable my headset altogether, so can somebody help me figure this out? submitted by /u/Maximus125...
  7. Is there any way to disable the emoji button in the touch keyboard in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to disable the emoji button in the touch keyboard in Windows 10?: I would prefer if I could turn off the emoji option on the touch keyboard since it is really annoying how I always end up tapping it by accident when I am typing with it....
  8. Any way to disable mouse DPI button?

Any way to disable mouse DPI button?: I have a simple mouse with side buttons and a DPI button, it's pretty new but seems to be working strange, can't return it. RMB sometimes triggers the dpi button for some reason, and you've guessed it, the mouse starts getting ultra fast and it's annoying. It doesn't have a...
  9. Is there any way to control updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there any way to control updates?: I'm getting more and more p**d off with W10 because of the apparent inability to have any control over when it performs updates. The latest and most frustrating annoyance occurred whilst I was on holiday and using a mobile broadband (mi-fi) device. Windows decided to update...
  10. Any way to disable "special" keyboard buttons?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any way to disable "special" keyboard buttons?: My keyboard is Microsoft All-in-one Media https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/keyboards/all-in-one-media-keyboard/n9z-00001...