Windows 10: Any way to disable clipboard access to Windows 10 Sandbox?

Discus and support Any way to disable clipboard access to Windows 10 Sandbox? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to start using Windows 10 Sandbox for connecting to my remote job -- I am a programmer/developer. Part of that job involves, at times, copying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ubertastic, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Any way to disable clipboard access to Windows 10 Sandbox?

I want to start using Windows 10 Sandbox for connecting to my remote job -- I am a programmer/developer. Part of that job involves, at times, copying and pasting confidential data. Currently, I use a VM with clipboard access disabled to ensure that none of that data ends up back on the host and then potentially picked up by some other application running on the host. Windows 10 Sandbox seems like it would be a great replacement for my VM, but the clipboard is bidirectionally shared with the host. I have not found a way to disable the clipboard access between it and the host, nor have I thought up any creative ways to disable it short of running a program to clear the clipboard every 100ms or so.

Does anybody have any ideas or experience with this? Thanks!

submitted by /u/Ubertastic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ubertastic, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Microsoft sandbox stoped working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please be informed that our developer team is aware of the issues with Sandbox and is working on resolving it. We do not have an ETA as of now, however I encourage you to send a feedback to our developer team via
    Feedback hub. As a suggestion you can try disabling and enabling
    the sandbox to check if that works. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.
    Your patience and understanding will be appreciated in this matter.

Regards

Naresh_K, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jan 15, 2020
  4. bvonr Win User

Any way to disable clipboard access to Windows 10 Sandbox?

No internet connection on Windows Sandbox

Thanks so much for the info. I disabled Norton Auto Protect and Smart Firewall and sure enough I had internet on Sandbox. I am questioning why Norton would block the Ethernet adapters in Sandbox though??? Do you know what settings I need to change in Norton
    to allow the Sandbox to work right by any chance. If not don't worry, now that I know what the problem is I will talk to Norton. Again Thanks Any way to disable clipboard access to Windows 10 Sandbox? :)

bvonr, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Any way to disable clipboard access to Windows 10 Sandbox?

1. Any way to disable clipboard access to Windows 10 Sandbox? - Similar Threads - disable clipboard access

2. Want to disable one way clipboard in rdp.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to disable one way clipboard in rdp.: I am using Windows server 2016 No AD and want to disable clipboard while RDP connection is established.Means, If user is connected to the Server via RDP then he should not be able to copy text/file from server to his system but from his system to server he should be able to...
  3. Want to disable one way clipboard in rdp.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to disable one way clipboard in rdp.: I am using Windows server 2016 No AD and want to disable clipboard while RDP connection is established.Means, If user is connected to the Server via RDP then he should not be able to copy text/file from server to his system but from his system to server he should be able to...
  4. Is there any way to keep the clipboard visible Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to keep the clipboard visible Windows 11?: Hi,I know how to enable the clipboard and open it with Windows-V, but is there any way to keep it visible all the time so you don't have to keep pressing Windows-V?Thanks....
  5. Is there any way to keep the clipboard visible Windows 11?

Is there any way to keep the clipboard visible Windows 11?: Hi,I know how to enable the clipboard and open it with Windows-V, but is there any way to keep it visible all the time so you don't have to keep pressing Windows-V?Thanks....
  6. Is there a way to disable or remove the "Copy Command" and or the Clipboard

Is there a way to disable or remove the "Copy Command" and or the Clipboard: Is there a way to disable or remove the "Copy Command" and or the ClipboardI am running WIN10 Pro version 2009 on a Laptop. I am currently locking it down hardening it. I would like to know if there is a way I can disable the "clipboard" all together so NO data is stored...
  7. Is there a way to disable or remove the "Copy Command" and or the Clipboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable or remove the "Copy Command" and or the Clipboard: Is there a way to disable or remove the "Copy Command" and or the ClipboardI am running WIN10 Pro version 2009 on a Laptop. I am currently locking it down hardening it. I would like to know if there is a way I can disable the "clipboard" all together so NO data is stored...
  8. Is there a way to disable or remove the "Copy Command" and or the Clipboard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. How to enable or disable Clipboard Sharing with Windows Sandbox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Clipboard Sharing with Windows Sandbox in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 Sandbox is being increasingly promoted as a better replacement for VM. However, there’s one problem with it. In the new setting, the Clipboard […] This article How to enable or disable Clipboard Sharing with Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  10. Any way to disable / Hide Quick Access in File explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to disable / Hide Quick Access in File explorer: Hi folks I find the quick access displays in File explorer mega annoying -- any way to hide it or better disable it altogether. Cheers jimbo 108605

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows sandbox clipboard

2. disable copying sandbox