Windows 10: Any way to disable the new drop-down menu for wireless displays?

Discus and support Any way to disable the new drop-down menu for wireless displays? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I wasn't entirely sure what to call this "feature," but all of a sudden windows is giving me a drop-down menu at the top of the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ih8W10, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Ih8W10 Win User

Any way to disable the new drop-down menu for wireless displays?

Hi everyone,

I wasn't entirely sure what to call this "feature," but all of a sudden windows is giving me a drop-down menu at the top of the screen whenever I'm connected to a wireless display. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? I can unpin it so that it's not always there, but then it just pops in and gets in the way whenever my mouse goes near the top of the screen. I included a screenshot of my desktop, the menu I'm talking about is the one with "Connected to displayadapter..." in it.

Any way to disable the new drop-down menu for wireless displays? [​IMG]

Cheers

:)

Ih8W10, Feb 22, 2019

2. wireless display adapter model 1628

Hi Rudy,

Connecting to a wireless display requires a device that supports Miracast. For us to identify the cause of this issue, please answer the below questions:

In the meantime, we suggest performing the given steps on this article:
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Feb 22, 2019
  3. markob53 Win User
    Is there a way to disable the 'New' text in the Start Menu?

When a new program is installed it displays 'New' next to it and next to 'all apps' in the start menu, any way to disable?

Thanks

markob53, Feb 22, 2019
  4. damtachoa Win User

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Any way to disable the new drop-down menu for wireless displays? - Similar Threads - disable drop down

2. Drop down menu flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop down menu flickering: I tried many ways nothing worked excpet this..Disconnect the keyboard and or touch pad from themotherboard. Replace new or start using usb keyboard/mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menu-flickering/95e5827b-cbb9-41d7-8bc6-c15463edaa84
  3. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing: Hi, Microsoft Community! I've just stumbled upon an issue with my Windows laptop where nothing happens when I right-click my mouse. Usually, this prompts the drop-down menu. I'm also no longer able to copy anything using the highlight method since the highlighting doesn't...
  4. Drop down menu not showing any content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop down menu not showing any content: Hi, I'm using Windows 11 and drop down menu is not showing any content or lists in any of the softwares I installed. Please help me try to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menu-not-showing-any-content/4fabc17d-bbf1-4981-b631-bfeaccd98ebb
  5. Drop down menu not showing any content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop down menu not showing any content: Hi, I'm using Windows 11 and drop down menu is not showing any content or lists in any of the softwares I installed. Please help me try to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menu-not-showing-any-content/4fabc17d-bbf1-4981-b631-bfeaccd98ebb
  6. Drop down menu / Autoscroll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drop down menu / Autoscroll: Recently I noticed that when I right click, instead of a drop down menu, the auto scroll function activates. At first I thought this was a word issue but then I noticed that it occurred anywhere where I could use the scrolling function. For example when in a word document, or...
  7. Drop down menu text not displaying Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drop down menu text not displaying Windows 10: Whenever I right click on a desktop icon the menu window opens but is white. The icons show but the text options are only just visible s I scroll the cursor down the window. How can I chnge the settings so that the text is visible?...
  8. Is there a way to disable the 'New' text in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to disable the 'New' text in the Start Menu?: When a new program is installed it displays 'New' next to it and next to 'all apps' in the start menu, any way to disable? Thanks 16739
  9. Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?

in Browsers and Email
    Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?: I decided to uninstall Firefox after the entries in the Favorites doubled. (Example: the Yahoo Mail sign-in page appears twice in the list. Deleting one also deletes the other.) I have been looking for browsers with pull-down or drop-down menus but could only find...
  10. Outlook.com is testing a new drop down menu

in Windows 10 News
    Outlook.com is testing a new drop down menu: Microsoft has started to test an update for its many web properties that changes the header bar. The update improves the drop down experience from a large black bar to a cleaner white box that lays on top of the existing content. Read more... 2513