Windows 10: Any way to display the full path for certain folders (documents, etc)?

Discus and support Any way to display the full path for certain folders (documents, etc)? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I noticed that File Explorer doesn't show the full path in the title bar (after I enabled this) for certain folders such as Documents,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by antonio3535, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Any way to display the full path for certain folders (documents, etc)?

Hi
    I noticed that File Explorer doesn't show the full path in the title bar (after I enabled this) for certain folders such as Documents, Downloads...that you select in the navigation pane. It shows fine if I navigate to the same folder though.

Any way to show the path for these folders.

:)

antonio3535, Oct 12, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Oct 12, 2019
  4. DrGreg309 Win User

Any way to display the full path for certain folders (documents, etc)?

My Documents display in Windows 10

Is there a way to change the way the folders and files are displayed in My Documents?

I recently upgraded to 10 but I have a slight issue with 'My Documents'. Most of my files are in folders in My Documents and in Windows 7 I was able to filter by most recent updated with folders listed first followed by the documents which are not saved in folders. I have not found a way to duplicate this convenient display in 10.

DrGreg309, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Any way to display the full path for certain folders (documents, etc)?

1. Any way to display the full path for certain folders (documents, etc)? - Similar Threads - display full path

2. File explorer not displaying complete path for certain folders on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer not displaying complete path for certain folders on Windows 11: I want to copy the file path of the download folder from the file explorer address bar. But even though I enabled the option to show the full path, there are a few folders that it refuses to show the full path for. If I go to a random local file I get something like this in...
  3. File explorer not displaying complete path for certain folders on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer not displaying complete path for certain folders on Windows 11: I want to copy the file path of the download folder from the file explorer address bar. But even though I enabled the option to show the full path, there are a few folders that it refuses to show the full path for. If I go to a random local file I get something like this in...
  4. Is there any way to show the real folder path in explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to show the real folder path in explorer?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ShaunDreclin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l7gue0/is_there_any_way_to_show_the_real_folder_path_in/
  5. We need a way to display full file path in windows folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    We need a way to display full file path in windows folder: We need a way to display the full file path in the windows folder **** was that changed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-need-a-way-to-display-full-file-path-in-windows/8e9fe8fc-f6de-41d4-9afc-e1d7fbb2b22b
  6. ny way to display the full path for certain folders (documents, etc)?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ny way to display the full path for certain folders (documents, etc)?: Hi I noticed that File Explorer doesn't show the full path in the title bar (after I enabled this) for certain folders such as Documents, Downloads...that you select in the navigation pane. It shows fine if I navigate to the same folder though. Any way to show the path for...
  7. Any way to copy a full network path on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any way to copy a full network path on Windows 10?: I have a folder on the network on my locally mapped drive, I need to copy/paste the "full network path" so colleagues on the network can access it But whilst the full network path is displayed in the address bar, what is pasted back is my local mapped drive path which is no...
  8. Multiple Documents, etc folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Multiple Documents, etc folders: My Win7 had My Documents, My Downloads, etc setup on the D drive. The default for Win 10 after the upgrade has the C drive Users area as default. There is no location tab on the Win10 folders. How can I get the default to save to the D drive? 15663
  9. How to change the folder path for Documents, Music, etc libraries?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the folder path for Documents, Music, etc libraries?: I plan on having an SSD for the OS and a separate hard drive for programs/documents, music, etc. What I don't know is how exactly to change the directory for my Documents, music, videos, pictures, downloads libraries. Can anyone explain how to do this? This is for Windows...
  10. Display full path for special folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Display full path for special folders: Hi, I recently migrated to Win10 Home Edition x64 from Win7. One thing that is absolutely maddening to me is the inability of seeing the full path in the navigation bar for special folders like "Downloads", "Desktop", "Images" and many more where just their names are...