Windows 10: Any way to downgrade ver. of MS Storage spaces volume w/o data loss?

Discus and support Any way to downgrade ver. of MS Storage spaces volume w/o data loss? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sure create a volume image and then restore that image to a single drive/ SSD, I would recommend Macrium Reflect to do this since it has worked for me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Clintlgm, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Clintlgm Win User

Any way to downgrade ver. of MS Storage spaces volume w/o data loss?

Sure create a volume image and then restore that image to a single drive/ SSD, I would recommend Macrium Reflect to do this since it has worked for me with RAID Volumes in the past.

:)

Clintlgm, Nov 3, 2018

2. Storage Spaces is confusing! Help?

I have an old 5-drive storage box that I have been using for years. It is a JBOD. It has a SiliconImage SIL4726 Raid controller chip. The box is connected via eSATA.

I recently upgraded to Win 10 and immediately, I could only see ONE of the 5 drives [Drive 0].

I've been reading and found that MS had invented Storage Spaces, primarily to confuse old guys like me. :-(

OK, I can get to the screen where I Create Storage Space, but it requires that the drives be clean. Hey, I have data on these drives! How the heck am I supposed to get them recognized by WIn 10 w/o destroying the data?

OK, I can put each one in slot 0 and suck off the data to some other HD. The problem is that I don't HAVE enough HD space to do this!

Can anyone suggest a good way to proceed?

ChuxterChuxter, Nov 3, 2018
  3. danielbcn Win User
    Used SYSPREP during install, now want to undo w/o reinstall

Hi Kari,

Thank you very very very much! And sorry for the delay: I lost my way back to the forum. Any way to downgrade ver. of MS Storage spaces volume w/o data loss? :)

I'll let you know when I'm done.

Really greatful.

Daniel

danielbcn, Nov 3, 2018
  4. Azguz24 Win User

Two Way mirror storage space - break the space without loosing data?

Okay so i was bounced around by telephone support this morning for over an hour and i figure the community will give me better answers so here is the scenario:

I have a win 10 machine acting as a server (it is a server but MS accounts for onedrive doesnt work on server '12 so i have to use win 10, don't ask its irrelevant)

on this windows 10 box i have a few storage spaces, all two way mirror (25 tb logical, 50 TB actual). so what i want to do here is break one of the 4tb pools and use the drive i remove to copy the data off to; then remove the storage space entirely. since
    its a two way mirror, i've been able to take the drive off and the data integrity remains in place, it just warns me that a drive has failed and to replace it. So on to my issue:

When i remove the drive, i then have a 4tb drive that i want to copy the the storage space data to. every time i remove the drive and plug it back in, windows does what it should and reconnects it to the storage space. i think its because the disc is dynamic
    to be used in the storage space and my question really is A) can i just change it back to a regular disk then copy my data off - removing the storage space completely or B) will that cause all my data to be deleted before i can back it up?

Azguz24, Nov 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Any way to downgrade ver. of MS Storage spaces volume w/o data loss? - Similar Threads - downgrade ver Storage

2. Need to downgrade to windows10-without data loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to downgrade to windows10-without data loss: Need to go back to windows 10, I had installed windows 11 in a uncomeatable device but i think it is making processor 100% usage which not good . I have iso file in my pen drive Also need to know which is better...
  3. Need to downgrade to windows10-without data loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to downgrade to windows10-without data loss: Need to go back to windows 10, I had installed windows 11 in a uncomeatable device but i think it is making processor 100% usage which not good . I have iso file in my pen drive Also need to know which is better...
  4. Data Loss without any intervention

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Loss without any intervention: Dear Team, I have HP Laptop EliteBook SN: 5CG94979Z8 , we found that the laptop performance is not fine, we updated Google Chrome and reset TCP IP Network Driver and restart the laptop. After restart we found that the data on D has been disappeared and partition D become...
  5. Data Loss without any intervention

Data Loss without any intervention: Dear Team, I have HP Laptop EliteBook SN: 5CG94979Z8 , we found that the laptop performance is not fine, we updated Google Chrome and reset TCP IP Network Driver and restart the laptop. After restart we found that the data on D has been disappeared and partition D become...
  6. Data Loss without any intervention

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to downgrade from windows 11 to 10 Without any data loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to downgrade from windows 11 to 10 Without any data loss: Hello i recently bought New gaming laptop and it already had windows 11 The perfomance IS **** it lagged soo muchMy cousin has the same gaming laptop But With windows 10 and The perfomance is bestI already had my gaming laptop for 1 year and there is a lot of apps and files...
  8. How to downgrade from windows 11 to 10 Without any data loss

How to downgrade from windows 11 to 10 Without any data loss: Hello i recently bought New gaming laptop and it already had windows 11 The perfomance IS **** it lagged soo muchMy cousin has the same gaming laptop But With windows 10 and The perfomance is bestI already had my gaming laptop for 1 year and there is a lot of apps and files...
  9. Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?: Last nite's update or Disk Cleanup has deleted all my User folders I moved to my Data HDD, H:. (So they're not in C:\Users|Mac20 either). (I do have two 3D Objects in both places oddly.) Is there a way to recreate them somehow or is the only solution to totally reinstall?...
  10. Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?: Last nite's update or Disk Cleanup has deleted all my User folders I moved to my Data HDD, H:. (So they're not in C:\Users|Mac20 either). (I do have two 3D Objects in both places oddly.) Is there a way to recreate them somehow or is the only solution to totally reinstall?...