Windows 10: Any way to edit embedded subtitles?

Discus and support Any way to edit embedded subtitles? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the right sub for this. Redirect me to a sub for this type of stuff if you know better. Basically need to edit embedded subtitles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VespasianTheMortal, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Any way to edit embedded subtitles?

Not sure if this is the right sub for this. Redirect me to a sub for this type of stuff if you know better.

Basically need to edit embedded subtitles in a video file. For a show I'm watching.

Or if I can extract them and edit, that would work too

submitted by /u/VespasianTheMortal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VespasianTheMortal, Apr 11, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Editing Subtitle

1. In subtitle Edit: Options->Settings->Video Player. Browse for mpc-hc.exe then Select MPC-HC Player
    2. Make sure the .srt file and .mp4 file are in the same folder, same names.
    3. Video->Open video file... then browse for a .mp4 file

NOTE: I use VLC Player with this program and it works. Should also work with MPC-HC but if it's not then try VLC.

Any way to edit embedded subtitles? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Edit the subtitles and make it easier to understand

Original title: subtitle edit

My anime dvd has inconsistent and terrible translated subtitles. I was wondering if there's any way to edit the subtitles and make it easier to understand?

Precurefan21, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Motim Win User

Any way to edit embedded subtitles?

Editing Subtitle

Hello,
    Have a subtitle (.srt file) which is not synchro with the movie (.mp4 format).
    I tried two editors, one "SubTitle Editor 3413" and "SubtitleWorkshop_6.0b_131121", in both list of playable files, there is mp4 format also, however got error mesages they both cannot play mp4 files. In settings I browsed to MPC-HC as default player - the error was still there. This mp4 file plays very well in mpc-hc player and in smplayer, So I understand all needed codecks are installed.
    The .srt file opens well in the editors, but cannot play the movie.
    Is there some way to make it go ?
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Motim, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Any way to edit embedded subtitles?

1. Any way to edit embedded subtitles? - Similar Threads - edit embedded subtitles

2. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subtitles: I just want to change the way Windows display subtitles here are two types of subtitles I want as the first one not like the second.Please anyone let me know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/subtitles/cb8a93c1-24f8-4931-87f6-fce159b59906
  3. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subtitles: I just want to change the way Windows display subtitles here are two types of subtitles I want as the first one not like the second.Please anyone let me know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/subtitles/cb8a93c1-24f8-4931-87f6-fce159b59906
  4. Creating video subtitles..any easy way of doing this?

Creating video subtitles..any easy way of doing this?: Does anyone know any easy method of creating subtitles to overlay on videos ? There are various online subtitle editors like Veed which are not ideal as they mainly for uploading to YouTube,Facebook and social media sites. I have some personal family videos which need some...
  5. Is there any way to play Minecraft: Java edition on my mobile?

Is there any way to play Minecraft: Java edition on my mobile?: Hi people of microsoft! ok, a few months ago i downloaded minecraft bedrock in my mobile, and i've been playing minecraft bedrock so many time, but i looked in some places that minecraft java had some advantage's that i would like to test like the cooldown, but my unique...
  6. Is there any way to play Minecraft: Java edition on my mobile?

Is there any way to play Minecraft: Java edition on my mobile?: Hi people of microsoft! ok, a few months ago i downloaded minecraft bedrock in my mobile, and i've been playing minecraft bedrock so many time, but i looked in some places that minecraft java had some advantage's that i would like to test like the cooldown, but my unique...
  7. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Subtitles: I have a fairly new Acer Predator Helios 300. Tried to watch movies for the first time today and can't get any video player to display subtitles. I'm sure I'm missing a setting somewhere but have never had this problem before. Any suggestions would be great....
  8. Any EASY way to edit right click context menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any EASY way to edit right click context menu?: I've googled for hours, I have "Easy Context Menu" installed, but it is not "Easy". I just want to take some crap out of the menu and add a couple things. Why should it be so hard? I'd like to use CCleaner, but I know it's not safe. Is there any easy program to use for...
  9. Windows Media Player - Embedded subtitles in mkv files ???

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player - Embedded subtitles in mkv files ???: Hello All, I have always had issues with subtitles in WMP, it is simply not user friendly at all. Now I have several *.mkv files that have subtitles built in, but even after selecting 'On if available' WMP is not showing any subs. It works in ALL other video players,...
  10. Editing Subtitle

Editing Subtitle: Hello, Have a subtitle (.srt file) which is not synchro with the movie (.mp4 format). I tried two editors, one "SubTitle Editor 3413" and "SubtitleWorkshop_6.0b_131121", in both list of playable files, there is mp4 format also, however got error mesages they both cannot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edit embedded subtitles in a film

2. edit embedded subtitles

3. How to edit embedded subtitles