Windows 10: Any way to find out what the updates are about?

Discus and support Any way to find out what the updates are about? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'd like to know what the updates are for. Is there any way to find out? You'd think the notification feature in Windows 10 would tell you what the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ConcentricGroove, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Any way to find out what the updates are about?

I'd like to know what the updates are for. Is there any way to find out? You'd think the notification feature in Windows 10 would tell you what the last update did or at least that your computer was restarted, but nothing there.

submitted by /u/ConcentricGroove
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ConcentricGroove, Feb 2, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Any way to find out what the updates are about? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 2, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Feb 2, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Any way to find out what the updates are about?

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Any way to find out what the updates are about?

1. Any way to find out what the updates are about? - Similar Threads - find updates are

2. Trying to find out what was this log error about

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to find out what was this log error about: LED KEEPER 2 KEEPS CRASHING LEADS TO PC STUTTERING FOR FEW SECONDS. MOUSE , KEYBOARD , AUDIO , RGB, EVERYTHING STOP WORKINGTHIS IS THE ERROR I FOUND IN EVENT VIEWER RIGHT WHEN MY PC HAS AN INTERMITTENTLog Name: ApplicationSource: .NET RuntimeDate: 27-Jan-24 5:29:19 AMEvent...
  3. Trying to find out what was this log error about

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to find out what was this log error about: LED KEEPER 2 KEEPS CRASHING LEADS TO PC STUTTERING FOR FEW SECONDS. MOUSE , KEYBOARD , AUDIO , RGB, EVERYTHING STOP WORKINGTHIS IS THE ERROR I FOUND IN EVENT VIEWER RIGHT WHEN MY PC HAS AN INTERMITTENTLog Name: ApplicationSource: .NET RuntimeDate: 27-Jan-24 5:29:19 AMEvent...
  4. Is there any way to find out if a prospective laptop supports WiFi Direct?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to find out if a prospective laptop supports WiFi Direct?: I understand that it's easy to find out if the wifi direct virtual adapter exists on the laptop by checking it via a command prompt.However, I am about to purchase a new laptop, and it is extremely important that it supports WiFi Direct for me.Is there any way to find out? Or...
  5. Is there any way to find out if a prospective laptop supports WiFi Direct?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to find out if a prospective laptop supports WiFi Direct?: I understand that it's easy to find out if the wifi direct virtual adapter exists on the laptop by checking it via a command prompt.However, I am about to purchase a new laptop, and it is extremely important that it supports WiFi Direct for me.Is there any way to find out? Or...
  6. Is there a way to find out what program is blocking my windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to find out what program is blocking my windows update?: A chunk of time ago I installed a program to block windows updates. As of now, I need to enable them, however cannot remember what program I used. During the attempts to update windows code 0x80070020 pops up so I assume the software is aware that it's blocked, is there a way...
  7. Is there any way to create a pretty dense flowchart in Microsoft office? What about any...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to create a pretty dense flowchart in Microsoft office? What about any...: It's a relatively dense flow chart, probably with somewhere between 20-30 different options across 8 different layers. I tried doing it manually through Microsoft Word, but because it is so dense with so many options and layers, it starts looking really unclean and...
  8. Is there a way to find out what is preventing me from receiving the update to Win10 1903?

Is there a way to find out what is preventing me from receiving the update to Win10 1903?: I looked down the list of issues that could potentially delay the 1903 update back in late May/early June and only one could apply to my setup. That was solved earlier this month, but I'm still waiting on the update. Nothing new that's been added seems to apply to me. The...
  9. Way to find out what activated my cmd window?

in Windows 10 Support
    Way to find out what activated my cmd window?: I had just logged on to the Internet today and was getting ready to start "surfing" and my CMD window came up and closed before I could read what was activating it. Any way to see a log history of CMD windows? I want to know what it was. I don't like this.... could be...
  10. Media Creation Tool failed. Any way to find out why?

Media Creation Tool failed. Any way to find out why?: Howdy, Have a laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate. It's a fresh install and I did not run the hours worth of Windows Updates since I want to go up to 10 right away. Windows is activated. So, I downloaded and ran the Media Creation Tool and let it run overnight. I came in...