Windows 10: Any way to find recent files added to hard drive?

Discus and support Any way to find recent files added to hard drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; 2 days ago, I had about 80gb free on my C drive. Today I have a little over 1gb.I don't think I've added anything that took up that much space... Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AlbinoEthiopian3, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Any way to find recent files added to hard drive?

2 days ago, I had about 80gb free on my C drive. Today I have a little over 1gb.I don't think I've added anything that took up that much space... Is there any way to find out what happened???

submitted by /u/AlbinoEthiopian3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AlbinoEthiopian3, Jan 8, 2020
  2. Platibus Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Drone Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Jan 8, 2020
  4. slozomby Win User

Any way to find recent files added to hard drive?

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Any way to find recent files added to hard drive?

1. Any way to find recent files added to hard drive? - Similar Threads - find recent files

2. Hello, is there any way to recover any lost files on my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, is there any way to recover any lost files on my hard drive?: I lost all 800GB of data on my TranscendElite Hard Drive after installing a USB Drive for Windows 10 on it not knowing what it would do, which I know, is very stupid and I have no restore points or File History saves on that drive since I was unable to unfortunately. It...
  3. Hello, is there any way to recover any lost files on my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, is there any way to recover any lost files on my hard drive?: I lost all 800GB of data on my TransendElite Hard Drive after installing a USB Drive for Windows 10 on it not knowing what it would do, which I know, is very stupid and I have no restore points or File History saves on that drive since I was unable to unfortunately. I'm...
  4. Full disk but I haven't added any files recently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full disk but I haven't added any files recently: I usually have at least 1 to 2 GB of free space. I have not added any files recently but now it is completely full. I have tried deleting temp files, tried Disk Cleanup, tried Storage Sense, but it is still full. I am using windows 10 on a Macbook and I have barely any files...
  5. Full disk but I haven't added any files recently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full disk but I haven't added any files recently: I usually have at least 1 to 2 GB of free space. I have not added any files recently but now it is completely full. I have tried deleting temp files, tried Disk Cleanup, tried Storage Sense, but it is still full. I am using windows 10 on a Macbook and I have barely any files...
  6. Full disk but I haven't added any files recently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Is there a way to see the newest files added to your hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to see the newest files added to your hard drive?: My hard drive just lost around 10 gb, and I honestly don’t know what’s taking it up. At this point, my C: drive is only around 4 gb of open space. Is there a way to see what was recently added to it so I can delete it? On another note, why is there so little space in my C:...
  8. Is there any way to recover files from an unallocated hard drive for free?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to recover files from an unallocated hard drive for free?: I need to recover files from a hard drive which is now unallocated for some reason, but I don't have enough money to afford the expensive programs. Is there any way to do it for free? submitted by /u/ObberGobb [link] [comments]...
  9. Is there any way to reuse an external hard drive for file history in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there any way to reuse an external hard drive for file history in Windows 10: I have successfully used file history on my Windows 10 pc for a long time. Lately, the pc says that it does not recognize the drive. I understand that I can switch file history off and then on again, but that creates a new copy of my entire backup, which is not very...
  10. Partitions added on hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitions added on hard drive: I have updated both my laptop and desktop to windows 1803. The SSD on laptop has one additional partition added and my desktop HDD has three additional partitions added. Updated from 1709 to 1803. Both computers have EFI. Both computers work very good but why did 1803 add...