Windows 10: Any way to get active window borders back?

Discus and support Any way to get active window borders back? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Up to v1709 (or 1803, not sure, skipped that one) active windows had a 1px border all around, making it easy to see them. Example: [img] From v1809... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by danannn, Jul 6, 2019.

1. danannn Win User

Any way to get active window borders back?

Up to v1709 (or 1803, not sure, skipped that one) active windows had a 1px border all around, making it easy to see them.
    Example:

Any way to get active window borders back? [​IMG]

From v1809 (or 1803, not sure...) and up the border is gone.
    Example:

Any way to get active window borders back? [​IMG]

While activating "accent colors" is a work around, it makes everything ugly and even messes with Chrome's tab bar because it also colors title bars and so on. Shadows are ugly, waste space and not as clearly visible, so that's a no too.

Is there a way to simply get that glorious 1px border back?

Please help a fellow human upgrade his computer and keep it safe. I'm still on 1709 on my main computer because of that alone.

Thanks!

edit: fixing images

:)

danannn, Jul 6, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jul 6, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Curious small window bug - Win7 - UPDATE: Command line -tab parameter issue?

Any steps to reproduce? GPU-Z dynamically changes the window border/size to enable resize only when sensor tab is active

W1zzard, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Any way to get active window borders back? - Similar Threads - active window borders

2. Is there any way to get back in to a Admin user if the password is failing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to get back in to a Admin user if the password is failing?: earlier on this month, late on night I changed the password to my Laptop-user, unfortunately it was on public Wi-Fi. I worry that somehow someone has changed the password to something other than my initial change. either that or someone has read my book and physically changed...
  3. Any way to get back old Groove Music player ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to get back old Groove Music player ?: I do really dislike the new Media Player app which has merged Movies&TV and Groove Music. Is there any way to get back the old Groove Music player separetely from the new Media Player ? The interface was way much better and I don't need Media Player to play videos....
  4. Any way to get my files back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to get my files back?: So my windows.old file is missing. All it had was some photos. I don’t Remeber deleting it and it’s not in my trash. I read somewhere that it’s automatically deleted after 28 days, which would make sense because I reinstalled windows sometime in December. So any way to get my...
  5. Any way to get my files back?

Any way to get my files back?: So my windows.old file is missing. All it had was some photos. I don’t Remeber deleting it and it’s not in my trash. I read somewhere that it’s automatically deleted after 28 days, which would make sense because I reinstalled windows sometime in December. So any way to get my...
  6. Is there any way to get flash player back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to get flash player back?: So we have struck an issue with 10 users in our company where IBM datastage app requires flash player to be installed (I know right). The windows updates removed flash for these users, Is there anyway bar a system restore or complete re-image to restore flash in anyway? :-(...
  7. Is there any way to get back MS store without windows reinstall?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there any way to get back MS store without windows reinstall?: My ms store was not working, it was giving me error after installing apps so i went to app settings and reset it. After reset it wasnt opening at all, after restarting laptop, same issue. Due to it not opening now my photos app also stopped working, so i removed it. Now i...
  8. Any way to get back the old v1511 Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to get back the old v1511 Start Menu?: I was having a problem with my Windows 10 Pro v1903 and needed to temporarily install a much older version v1511 to fix my computer. I like the old v1511 Start Menu MUCH better alphabetical list of "all programs" replaced with a single "All apps" link. Is there any way to...
  9. Any way to get metro apps back?

Any way to get metro apps back?: I loved the metro apps, and then Microsoft got rid of them. Is there any way to get those back? 4264
  10. Is there any way to get a larger 'back' button in windows explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any way to get a larger 'back' button in windows explorer?: The back and up buttons in explorer are really small on screen and not in the same position they used to be in win7. Its annoying because there is loads of room in the ribbon above for big conspicuous buttons. Any suggestions? 10431

Users found this page by searching for:

1. active window border

2. windows border active window