Windows 10: Any way to get active window borders back?

Discus and support Any way to get active window borders back? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Up to v1709 (or 1803, not sure, skipped that one) active windows had a 1px border all around, making it easy to see them. Example: [img] From v1809... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by danannn, Jul 6, 2019.

1. danannn Win User

Any way to get active window borders back?

Up to v1709 (or 1803, not sure, skipped that one) active windows had a 1px border all around, making it easy to see them.
    Example:

Any way to get active window borders back? [​IMG]

From v1809 (or 1803, not sure...) and up the border is gone.
    Example:

Any way to get active window borders back? [​IMG]

While activating "accent colors" is a work around, it makes everything ugly and even messes with Chrome's tab bar because it also colors title bars and so on. Shadows are ugly, waste space and not as clearly visible, so that's a no too.

Is there a way to simply get that glorious 1px border back?

Please help a fellow human upgrade his computer and keep it safe. I'm still on 1709 on my main computer because of that alone.

Thanks!

edit: fixing images

:)

danannn, Jul 6, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jul 6, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Curious small window bug - Win7 - UPDATE: Command line -tab parameter issue?

Any steps to reproduce? GPU-Z dynamically changes the window border/size to enable resize only when sensor tab is active

W1zzard, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Any way to get active window borders back? - Similar Threads - active window borders

2. BitLocker recovery key sends me back to the retrieve window, any way to save files and get...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker recovery key sends me back to the retrieve window, any way to save files and get...: BitLocker wont let me retrieve files if I restore system. Any way to save files and restore system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-sends-me-back-to-the/a77a3a07-d58e-4b31-a028-a21215090b4f"
  3. Is there a way to get my game back for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to get my game back for free?: I bought Minecraft Windows 10 Edition to play with my little brother, but about a month later I did a factory reset on my pc and it made me have to buy it off the store again. Is there anyway to get it back without paying?...
  4. Any way to get better ui scaling?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to get better ui scaling?: Everything is so small, icons, text, firefox menus, firefox webpages, windows ui elements... So I set scaling to 125% and these problems get fixed. However, unlike in windows 8.1, now steam among a few other things is completely messed up. Their interface get huge and buggy....
  5. Any way to add expanded menus back to the start list?

Any way to add expanded menus back to the start list?: I found the method to add items to the start list, but its missing certain things, for instance the control panel and the shell: games folder. I want to be able to add those options to the start list and also make them expanded lists so I dont have to open a folder and then...
  6. How to get back highlighted active windows?

How to get back highlighted active windows?: Some of the Windows 10 GUI changes ARE SO STUPID. E.g.: why is there no more clear distinction between the currently active window (the one that has keyboard focus) and the others? Previous versions highlighted the active windows by giving its border and title bar a distinct...
  7. Any way to get rid of OneDrive permanently?

Any way to get rid of OneDrive permanently?: Can OneDrive be effectively deleted? I have absolutely no need for it. There are never problems with it on my desktops since they all run Windows 10 Pro (it has Group Policy Editor). But my laptop has Home and OneDrive keeps inserting its obnoxious self no matter what steps I...
  8. Any way to get metro apps back?

Any way to get metro apps back?: I loved the metro apps, and then Microsoft got rid of them. Is there any way to get those back? 4264
  9. Is there any way to get a larger 'back' button in windows explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any way to get a larger 'back' button in windows explorer?: The back and up buttons in explorer are really small on screen and not in the same position they used to be in win7. Its annoying because there is loads of room in the ribbon above for big conspicuous buttons. Any suggestions? 10431
  10. Pixel border around active window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pixel border around active window: Hi there - first post as a new Windows 10 user migrating (returning) from OSX. So far only two issues found on 10130: Orange active window border: I have this horrble orange colour around the active window. I have changed all the colour settings but bothing seems to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. active window border