Windows 10: Any way to get better ui scaling?

Discus and support Any way to get better ui scaling? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everything is so small, icons, text, firefox menus, firefox webpages, windows ui elements... So I set scaling to 125% and these problems get fixed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MUX, Aug 6, 2015.

1. MUX
    MUX Win User

Any way to get better ui scaling?

Everything is so small, icons, text, firefox menus, firefox webpages, windows ui elements... So I set scaling to 125% and these problems get fixed. However, unlike in windows 8.1, now steam among a few other things is completely messed up. Their interface get huge and buggy. Is there any way to fix this?

My resolution is 1920x1080, 24inch screen.

:)

2. Any better way to stop shortcut changing itself target from non-system disk to system disk?

Hi,

It's great to hear that your issue has been resolved. The steps you provided is very helpful for other community members who may encounter the same concern.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions.

Raymond Ave, Aug 6, 2015
  3. ssd21345 Win User
    Any better way to stop shortcut changing itself target from non-system disk to system disk?

It seems there is another fix by somehow changing the nonsystem disk program files folder to other name and the windows redirect the target automatically to new folder as fellows:

Any way to get better ui scaling? [​IMG]

I don't know how I managed to change the name as windows don't allow you to do this as fellow image.

However, changing the Program Files name but not the object name seems also work:

Cheers.

ssd21345, Aug 6, 2015
  4. DTG1 Win User

I have the same problems, Since setting scaling UI to 125% whenever I open Baldurs gate in full screen mode it expands off the screen. Tried to reset to 100% and Baldurs gate stayed huge cant reset that now.

This is such retarded stuff, dumbasses at Microsoft can screw up a wet dream. *Mad

DTG1, Aug 7, 2015
  5. MikeTi1 Win User
    I had the same problem. I use a 46" VIZIO 1080p HDTV as my monitor too for the past few years. Never had any scaling, resolution, or text issues with Windows 7. When I first installed Windows 10 and scaled @ 125%, it looked like garbage. Same thing with 150% (Which was actually recommended by Windows).

What you are going to have to do is go to 'display settings' and set the 'scaling to 100%' for the most crisp resolution for the desktop and apps. Don't worry, you will get used to it and it will look more modern, clearer, and crisp once your eyes adjust.

After you change it to 100% scaling, go into the 'advanced display settings', click 'advanced sizing of text and other items', scroll down to 'Change only the text size', and make 'Title Bars' 11 point font.

Click 'Apply', on the left hand side of the screen you will see 'Adjust ClearType Text', click that, make sure 'ClearType' is checked to 'on', then hit next and continue the process of selecting what looks the best and finish adjusting ClearType. Click 'OK' and exit the display settings.

Go to the desktop, hover your mouse somewhere on the desktop, hold 'Ctrl' and scroll your mouse wheel up and down until the icons are a good size for you.

Then open up your web browser (Edge/Chrome/Firefox, etc.) go to Settings, and make sure the zoom is at 125% for all pages. In Chrome you must go to the advanced settings and select 125%.

Restart your PC. It may take a day or so to get used to it, but it looks fine. Program UI's don't look funky anymore.

MikeTi1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Any way to get better ui scaling? - Similar Threads - better scaling

2. Which browser is better? Chrome or Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which browser is better? Chrome or Edge?: Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
  3. Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data: Hello guys,few days ago i arrived to my work as usuall and started PC. Everything went fine until Windows loaded my desktop. There were 80 % of icons missing. All of the programs i assume were able to start but after finding them on hard drives or Start menu, only few had...
  4. Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data

Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data: Hello guys,few days ago i arrived to my work as usuall and started PC. Everything went fine until Windows loaded my desktop. There were 80 % of icons missing. All of the programs i assume were able to start but after finding them on hard drives or Start menu, only few had...
  5. Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Microsoft! YOU BETTER FIX THIS NOW!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft! YOU BETTER FIX THIS NOW!!!: Hello, I am running Windows 11 23H2 Home Insider Preview, and I am experiencing difficulties running Roblox, nothing opens.Is there any way to fix this without downgrading my operating system?If you are curious, here are my PC specifications below:...
  7. Microsoft! YOU BETTER FIX THIS NOW!!!

Microsoft! YOU BETTER FIX THIS NOW!!!: Hello, I am running Windows 11 23H2 Home Insider Preview, and I am experiencing difficulties running Roblox, nothing opens.Is there any way to fix this without downgrading my operating system?If you are curious, here are my PC specifications below:...
  8. What runs better on an old laptop? Windows 7 or Windows Vista?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What runs better on an old laptop? Windows 7 or Windows Vista?: I have this old Windows Xp era laptop and have Windows 7 installed but its really slow, so I was wondering if Windows Vista being older runs faster than 7....
  9. What runs better on an old laptop? Windows 7 or Windows Vista?

What runs better on an old laptop? Windows 7 or Windows Vista?: I have this old Windows Xp era laptop and have Windows 7 installed but its really slow, so I was wondering if Windows Vista being older runs faster than 7....
  10. Windows 9: Resolution support up to 8k, better DPI scaling

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9: Resolution support up to 8k, better DPI scaling: Thanks to the copious amount of leaks we have seen over the past few days, we are learning all sorts of new details about the OS. And if you are willing to believe this leak, which you should, it looks like Windows 9 will support higher resolution displays better than Windows...