Windows 10: Any way to get multiple instances of Settings app?

Discus and support Any way to get multiple instances of Settings app? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys. Coming from Windows 7, it drives me absolutely bonkers that Windows 10 insists on restricting the use of multiple instances of UWP apps like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Aelius, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Aelius Win User

Any way to get multiple instances of Settings app?

Hey guys. Coming from Windows 7, it drives me absolutely bonkers that Windows 10 insists on restricting the use of multiple instances of UWP apps like "Settings".

There are so many occasions where I'm tweaking settings in both the Settings app and elsewhere (e.g., taskbar context menu), and clicking a particular link/button in the latter will redirect my existing Settings window, losing my place and interrupting my workflow.

I have Windows 10 Education, so I have access to PowerShell, if that helps.

:)

Aelius, Jun 6, 2019
  2. concord72 Win User

Multiple instances of Windows Explorer

So in the Processes tab, under Apps, however many Windows Explorers I actually have open is however many it will list, and expanding will list the specific folder that is open, there is no problem there. The problem is when you scroll down to Windows processes, that's where all the multiple instances are. Right now it's only showing 7 but that is because I restarted my computer a couple hours ago, I've counted as many as 40+ before.

concord72, Jun 6, 2019
  3. pepanee Win User
    Multiple instances of Windows Explorer

No, do not uninstall them.

1) Restart your computer, go to Task Manager (Check how many Windows Explorers there are real quick)
    2) Look at all the other apps that are running, here's some examples of some of your 3rd party apps from your pictures above: Google Chrome, iTunes 5, Malwarebytes, Telegram (I don't know what that is), Autohotkey, [you may have more down that list]

If you could post multiple screenshots of everything listed there (yes it might be a hastle, but I can point out the apps that you can End Task. Wait one question too... I see you have a Restart button. Mine shows "End Task"

Any way to get multiple instances of Settings app? [​IMG]

pepanee, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Feature suggestions - Confirm on exit, Allow/not allow multiple instances

Now that we have a separate Setting screen, I think GPU-Z can go creative & useful with adding various new options there.

For example, I suggest:
    1) An option to confirm on exit. Now it is easy to accidentally close/exit GPU-Z, which you may not want to happen in many cases. This should be in Settings - a checkbox named "Ask for confirmation on exit", and also when you exit, if enabled, it should show a dialog with something like this:
    "GPU-Z will be closed, please confirm." (or if it is better as a question - "GPU-Z will be closed, are you sure?") with "Quit, Cancel, Quit & stop asking" buttons in the box.

If user clicks "Quit & stop asking", they will have to re-enable the option in Settings, if they want it again.

2) Other similar system monitoring programs also have an option to allow or disallow multiple instances.
    So, this could be added in a checkbox with wording like "Allow multiple GPU-Z instances" OR if you want to have it as negative "Do not allow multiple GPU-Z instances" (or if you want this shorter, the GPU-Z part can be removed).

What do you guys/author think, please?

Naki, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Any way to get multiple instances of Settings app? - Similar Threads - multiple instances Settings

2. While working sometimes the multiple instance of particular app get's created...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While working sometimes the multiple instance of particular app get's created...: Visuals : ScreenshotProblem : While working, sometimes the more than one instances of particular app get created automatically, number's of instances are random, sometime it is 2-3 or sometime it becomes 8-9. Now even after closing the process or app from task manager the...
  3. While working sometimes the multiple instance of particular app get's created...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While working sometimes the multiple instance of particular app get's created...: Visuals : ScreenshotProblem : While working, sometimes the more than one instances of particular app get created automatically, number's of instances are random, sometime it is 2-3 or sometime it becomes 8-9. Now even after closing the process or app from task manager the...
  4. Multiple Instances

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Instances: Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? i dont have much ram so it slows down the speed of everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances/da352446-efc2-4272-a8f3-f81ae1359d75
  5. Multiple Instances

Multiple Instances: Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? i dont have much ram so it slows down the speed of everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances/da352446-efc2-4272-a8f3-f81ae1359d75
  6. Multiple instances of a chat program

Multiple instances of a chat program: Programs like EXCEL and WORD allow more than one instance to be open on the desktop simultaneously; is there a structural reason why a chat program could not have a separate instance open for different contacts ? 182603
  7. Multiple instances of apps running in Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple instances of apps running in Task Manager: Its sometimes says 10+ of the same program is running when just one is open. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances-of-apps-running-in-task-manager/761e16d9-907b-4af4-8a11-901f30de0188
  8. Any way to get metro apps back?

Any way to get metro apps back?: I loved the metro apps, and then Microsoft got rid of them. Is there any way to get those back? 4264
  9. Multiple Instances of 'Speakers (SndTAudio)'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Instances of 'Speakers (SndTAudio)': Hi - when I look at my audio devices I can see 16 instances of 'Speakers SndTAudio' each of which is in "ready" status and five instances of AMD High Definition Audio Device (none of which are plugged in). I only recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro and I have...
  10. Multiple instances of App in 'Get notifications from these senders'

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of App in 'Get notifications from these senders': Hello dear Users, I have installed an App from ASRock for configuring the fan control in my system (ATuning.exe). The App has an Autostart function, because it is updating/refreshing the fan control settings after every restart of the system (or login of a user). When...