Windows 10: Any way to get my files back?

Discus and support Any way to get my files back? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So my windows.old file is missing. All it had was some photos. I don’t Remeber deleting it and it’s not in my trash. I read somewhere that it’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John O Turcotte, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Any way to get my files back?

So my windows.old file is missing. All it had was some photos. I don’t Remeber deleting it and it’s not in my trash. I read somewhere that it’s automatically deleted after 28 days, which would make sense because I reinstalled windows sometime in December. So any way to get my files back?

:)

John O Turcotte, Feb 16, 2023

2. How to Decrypt *.cerber3 files?

AFAIK it's still not possible to decrypt your files for free...

In addition to what has been mentioned in the prior posts, you might want to read this:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/cerber-ransomware-switches-to-cerber3-extension-for-encrypted-files/

And I strongly suggest to read/do:

Jsssssssss, Feb 16, 2023
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Feb 16, 2023
  4. Any way to get my files back?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 16, 2023
Thema:

Any way to get my files back?

1. Any way to get my files back? - Similar Threads - files

2. My folder is showing far fewer files than there should be in the folder. Properties shows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My folder is showing far fewer files than there should be in the folder. Properties shows...: My Sims 4 mods folder is showing vastly different properties right now and I'm not sure why. When I open the folder, the info bar says it has 9937 items in it, but on properties, it says it has 26k. It *should* be 26k, but a whole bunch of stuff seems to be missing and I...
  3. My folder is showing far fewer files than there should be in the folder. Properties shows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My folder is showing far fewer files than there should be in the folder. Properties shows...: My Sims 4 mods folder is showing vastly different properties right now and I'm not sure why. When I open the folder, the info bar says it has 9937 items in it, but on properties, it says it has 26k. It *should* be 26k, but a whole bunch of stuff seems to be missing and I...
  4. How do I access my OneDrive files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I access my OneDrive files?: I have been trying to open my files on OneDrive Windows 11 Dell, but I can't manage to open them. A pop-up message of "Install failed. Please contact your software vendor" keeps appearing on the screen whenever I do. I've tried troubleshooting, updating my Windows, and...
  5. How do I access my OneDrive files?

How do I access my OneDrive files?: I have been trying to open my files on OneDrive Windows 11 Dell, but I can't manage to open them. A pop-up message of "Install failed. Please contact your software vendor" keeps appearing on the screen whenever I do. I've tried troubleshooting, updating my Windows, and...
  6. question about recovering files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    question about recovering files: Ok so awhile back I saw a video explaining how to make a hidden folder and secure it. Basically alt+0160 and then add files into it and goto cmd and apply +s +h attributes. So at the time I thought hell thats a great idea lets hide some stuff on flash drive. So I put a bunch...
  7. question about recovering files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question about recovering files: Ok so awhile back I saw a video explaining how to make a hidden folder and secure it. Basically alt+0160 and then add files into it and goto cmd and apply +s +h attributes. So at the time I thought hell thats a great idea lets hide some stuff on flash drive. So I put a bunch...
  8. question about recovering files

9. User file is missing my profile. How do i get it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User file is missing my profile. How do i get it back: Hello,when i logged into my laptop today i noticed that my user profile file is missing from the user folder. I have tried unhiding all files in the user folder but nothing happens. If i go to the left i can see downloads, videos etc and all the files are still there.I cannot...
  10. User file is missing my profile. How do i get it back

User file is missing my profile. How do i get it back: Hello,when i logged into my laptop today i noticed that my user profile file is missing from the user folder. I have tried unhiding all files in the user folder but nothing happens. If i go to the left i can see downloads, videos etc and all the files are still there.I cannot...