Windows 10: Any way to get the hostname for an external HDD with Windows 10?

Discus and support Any way to get the hostname for an external HDD with Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've got a computer with Windows 10 installed, the software is corrupted but I can access internal files just fine if I attach it's HDD with USB.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by antonio3535, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Any way to get the hostname for an external HDD with Windows 10?

Hi,
    I've got a computer with Windows 10 installed, the software is corrupted but I can access internal files just fine if I attach it's HDD with USB. I'd like to know the hostname for that Windows 10, so I removed the HDD and attached it to another Windows 10 machine I booted from.
    I heard there should be a log file in that corrupted Windows 10 to check the hostname. Anyone can help me locate it?

:)

antonio3535, Sep 9, 2019

2. external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Sep 9, 2019
  3. dermy Win User
    External HDDs

Hi i had a seagate freeagent (external) which stopped working so i bought another enclosure and the hdd kept disconnecting/reconnecting in windows 8.1, so i boht another enclosure and also the same thing. Iv tried a different hdd and all hdds work perfectly when plugged directly into sata ports on the board, are there any other steps i can try or do you think iv just been unlucky with enclosures?

dermy, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Any way to get the hostname for an external HDD with Windows 10?

Windows 10 HDD issues.

My Seagate 500GB works so quietly and so smoothly on Windows 10 . I didnt choose it , it was in my laptop

It is a USB 3.0 external hdd of Samsung , isnt it ?

little cat, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Any way to get the hostname for an external HDD with Windows 10?

1. Any way to get the hostname for an external HDD with Windows 10? - Similar Threads - hostname external HDD

2. Is there any way to get round corners in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to get round corners in Windows 10?: Hello there, I really wanted to ask if I could somehow get the Windows 11 rounded corners without actually changing the appearance of any other thing? I really like the Windows 11 corners but I can't upgrade to it because of hardware limitations so I want to try to make my...
  3. Is there any way to get round corners in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to get round corners in Windows 10?: Hello there, I really wanted to ask if I could somehow get the Windows 11 rounded corners without actually changing the appearance of any other thing? I really like the Windows 11 corners but I can't upgrade to it because of hardware limitations so I want to try to make my...
  4. Is there any way to get round corners in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10: Hello,I cannot initialize any external hard disk drive on Windows 10, but the flash drive works without problems. The hard disk drive works without a problem on another PC with Windows 10.The problem started to appear when I attached a VHDX disk and set the Windows Boot...
  6. Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10

Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10: Hello,I cannot initialize any external hard disk drive on Windows 10, but the flash drive works without problems. The hard disk drive works without a problem on another PC with Windows 10.The problem started to appear when I attached a VHDX disk and set the Windows Boot...
  7. Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Any way to get a list of all programs installed on a Windows 10 HDD?

Any way to get a list of all programs installed on a Windows 10 HDD?: Is there any app or any way to get a list of all installed programs on a Windows 10 system drive on a PC that won't boot? I usually go to C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files(x86) for this, but then sometimes programs are installed elsewhere. Any help much appreciated *Wink...
  9. Any way to get to System Information in an external drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to get to System Information in an external drive?: I'd like to be able to get to System Information on an externally attached Windows Vista to Windows 10 drive, such as if the disk isn't booting or is corrupted or has bad sectors. Just to be able to know all that info from a damaged drive. 140871
  10. Is there any way of fixing a 'Bad' HDD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there any way of fixing a 'Bad' HDD?: [img] 93412