Windows 10: Any way to get true 1G wired Ethernet on my new Laptop?

Discus and support Any way to get true 1G wired Ethernet on my new Laptop? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all I just purchased a new Dell LT that was listed on NewEgg as having a 10/100/1000 wired Ethernet capability which I somewhat doubted but as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WBFAir, Feb 29, 2020.

1. WBFAir Win User

Any way to get true 1G wired Ethernet on my new Laptop?

Hello all

I just purchased a new Dell LT that was listed on NewEgg as having a 10/100/1000 wired Ethernet capability which I somewhat doubted but as the rest of it was so much good stuff for the price I grabbed it anyway, but sure enough when I got it just the other day the specs Windows 10 shows is that its only 10/100.

So as it has USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports which are the only other better possible connections, I decided to try a good enough quality RJ 45 to USB 3.1-C adapter and plugged that into a USB-C to USB 3.1 Gen 2 adapter and see what I could get and it does all show in the OS as a 1G connection, but aside from a tiny first boost sometimes the best general overall transfer rate I can get and from a 1G source and via a short good CAT5 cable is about 100mb or a little over and even for that it can often drop down to 25mb for good periods of time.

So aside from what I have already done is there any other way I can get anything faster on this thing?

Note, the reason I am looking for this is while I know a NAS is really the thing for this, for various other reasons I am using a LT instead as the primary device for my home streaming system and while at 100mb on my old LT never really made things breakup once they were running, if I could get something even around 300mb it I could do a lot more then just one stream at a time and only in the house.

Thanks greatly for any help.

:)

WBFAir, Feb 29, 2020

2. Wired(Ethernet) connection

Hi Zhjlondon,

We'd like to know more about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you tried using a different Ethernet cable? If so, may we know the result?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue on all of your devices?

Charianne Per, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Wired Ethernet Connection Constantly Dropping (Windows 10)

My mom recently purchased a laptop from HP running Windows 10. I hooked it up to our Xfinity modem/router via Ethernet and the wired connection is consistently dropping for 5ish seconds, connecting again for a second or two, and then repeating the process.
    Connection over WiFi has no problems whatsoever. My own laptop that runs 8.1 has no problems with the same 2-in-1 modem/router, whether wired or wireless.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to remedy the problem?

JordenMacdonald, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Any way to get true 1G wired Ethernet on my new Laptop?

Wired Ethernet suddenly not working (after being fine for a few days)

My new home has Ethernet jacks in several rooms. They’re wired for the 568a instead of b standard because the builder was an idiot and wouldn’t let me do my own wiring, but all my equipment is new and handles auto-crossover so that’s not a problem. The problem is this:
    I tested everything and it worked fine a few days ago, in the following configuration:

Yesterday, suddenly, a PC comes out of hibernation and the Ethernet connection has no connectivity; IPv4 configuration is incorrect. Same is true of all wired ports/devices throughout the house. Same devices connect fine over Wi-Fi.

It’s definitely not a single device issue but I tried TCP/IP resets and disabling/re-enabling network adapters, etc., but no luck... anyone have any ideas?

Lights on hubs/switch show strong, active connections, by the way... tested with several different patch cables (both cat5e and cat6).

PowerOnion, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Any way to get true 1G wired Ethernet on my new Laptop?

1. Any way to get true 1G wired Ethernet on my new Laptop? - Similar Threads - true wired Ethernet

2. Wired Ethernet Adapter Not Present

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired Ethernet Adapter Not Present: Hello. Yesterday I was playing a video game when my Ethernet suddenly just disconnected. It said "Network Not Identified". I tried restarting but to no avail. After the restart my computer didn't even recognize my Ethernet. Nothing popped up when I clicked on the network...
  3. Wired Ethernet Adapter Not Present

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Ethernet Adapter Not Present: Hello. Yesterday I was playing a video game when my Ethernet suddenly just disconnected. It said "Network Not Identified". I tried restarting but to no avail. After the restart my computer didn't even recognize my Ethernet. Nothing popped up when I clicked on the network...
  4. Any way to get my files back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to get my files back?: So my windows.old file is missing. All it had was some photos. I don’t Remeber deleting it and it’s not in my trash. I read somewhere that it’s automatically deleted after 28 days, which would make sense because I reinstalled windows sometime in December. So any way to get my...
  5. Any way to get my files back?

Any way to get my files back?: So my windows.old file is missing. All it had was some photos. I don’t Remeber deleting it and it’s not in my trash. I read somewhere that it’s automatically deleted after 28 days, which would make sense because I reinstalled windows sometime in December. So any way to get my...
  6. my 1g usb showed 1tb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my 1g usb showed 1tb: I have an old usb and i want to recover my data from this. it showed me 1tb while it only has 1gb. how to make it back 1gb? i tried Disk Management and AOMEI and even Bootice but they didn't work...
  7. my 1g usb showed 1tb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my 1g usb showed 1tb: I have an old usb and i want to recover my data from this. it showed me 1tb while it only has 1gb. how to make it back 1gb? i tried Disk Management and AOMEI and even Bootice but they didn't work...
  8. Wired Ethernet to a switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Ethernet to a switch: Hi, guys. Please forgive my stupidity, but I really need help on this basic problem I have.I have 2 Desktops & 2 Laptops, all for different tasks, connected via a Netgear 8-way switch.All the computers can access the Internet with absolutely no problem at all.My problem is...
  9. Wired Ethernet to a switch

Wired Ethernet to a switch: Hi, guys. Please forgive my stupidity, but I really need help on this basic problem I have.I have 2 Desktops & 2 Laptops, all for different tasks, connected via a Netgear 8-way switch.All the computers can access the Internet with absolutely no problem at all.My problem is...
  10. Wired Ethernet to a switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing