Windows 10: Any way to get Windows 10 passwords from the hard drive on a dead PC?

Discus and support Any way to get Windows 10 passwords from the hard drive on a dead PC? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I'd like to know if there's a way to retrieve different kind of passwords from a Windows 10 system drive (such as on PC with a dead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by antonio3535, May 23, 2020.

1. Any way to get Windows 10 passwords from the hard drive on a dead PC?

Hi there,

I'd like to know if there's a way to retrieve different kind of passwords from a Windows 10 system drive (such as on PC with a dead motherboard), so I can install Windows and back up and restore the passwords on the new drive.

I'm thinking of passwords for all kind of software, such as Microsoft Office, browser passwords, apps passwords, etc.
    Any useful app for this? I tried Nirsoft apps but I couldn't get anything useful.

Any help much welcome.

:)

antonio3535, May 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2020
  3. little cat, May 23, 2020
  4. dadibones Win User

Any way to get Windows 10 passwords from the hard drive on a dead PC?

Windows 10 install from dead hard drive

Is there a way to transfer my windows 10 and other files which live on a dead hard drive directly onto a new hard drive which i have mounted into the laptop the dead hdd came out of? I removed the dead hdd and used a sata to usb cable to check if my files
    are still on the old drive on a friends laptop and they are there. Since this drive is now out of my laptop can i use it as an external drive and download its contents (including windows 10) directly onto my new drive in the laptop? I tried to add a file
    to the dead drive and it would not take it.

dadibones, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Any way to get Windows 10 passwords from the hard drive on a dead PC?

1. Any way to get Windows 10 passwords from the hard drive on a dead PC? - Similar Threads - passwords hard drive

2. My PC is "dead" and can't get it to execute from flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC is "dead" and can't get it to execute from flash drive: I purchased Windows 10 and have the flash drive. My PC will not do anything but run diagnostics and comes up with the same screen of options. I had to create a Windows 10 boot file from my iMac. When I load my Windows 10 flash drive on my PC and type "dir" from...
  3. Windows boot issue - dead hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boot issue - dead hard drive?: Hi all - was given a laptop by a friend to take a look at. Pretty sure the culprit is a dying hard drive, but wanted a second opinion. Laptop fails to boot and she was getting constant 'Startup Repair' errors in Windows 10 on attempted bootup. Now, however, when I try and...
  4. Any way to get to System Information in an external drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to get to System Information in an external drive?: I'd like to be able to get to System Information on an externally attached Windows Vista to Windows 10 drive, such as if the disk isn't booting or is corrupted or has bad sectors. Just to be able to know all that info from a damaged drive. 140871
  5. Windows 10 OS disappeared from hard drive. is there a way to restore?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 OS disappeared from hard drive. is there a way to restore?: Windows 10/64 1 TB hard drive 500 GB hard drive PC crashed and recovered next day, screen read something about using a boot disk no OS was found on the HD a small SSD from another computer was installed into the PC and it booted as C ddrive The TB drive is still in the...
  6. Windows 10 install from dead hard drive

Windows 10 install from dead hard drive: Is there a way to transfer my windows 10 and other files which live on a dead hard drive directly onto a new hard drive which i have mounted into the laptop the dead hdd came out of? I removed the dead hdd and used a sata to usb cable to check if my files are still on the...
  7. Recover windows from dead hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recover windows from dead hard drive: Hello there, I have a Huawei Matebook x whose hard drive is dead and won't boot. Nor am I able to get into the recovery for reset. I know I will have to replace the ssd and do a fresh windows install. I don't have a recovery disc or usb either. I was wondering if 1) there...
  8. Can I move Windows 10 from a dead hard drive to a new drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I move Windows 10 from a dead hard drive to a new drive?: I purchased a refurbished computer that came with Windows 7 preinstalled. I upgraded to Windows 10 when the upgrade became available. I have made regular backups of my data, but not Windows itself. The hard drive just died. Is there a way to move my copy of Windows 10...
  9. Is there any way to reuse an external hard drive for file history in Windows 10

Is there any way to reuse an external hard drive for file history in Windows 10: I have successfully used file history on my Windows 10 pc for a long time. Lately, the pc says that it does not recognize the drive. I understand that I can switch file history off and then on again, but that creates a new copy of my entire backup, which is not very...
  10. replace dead hard drive for laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    replace dead hard drive for laptop: Here is the situation My wife has a Toshiba laptop that crashed, the hard drive is done. I have done everything that I have been able to looking at tutorials etc to revive it, its dead jim. I even tried to wipe the hard drive and it would have none of it. My Toshiba laptop...