Windows 10: Any way to get Windows 10 passwords from the hard drive on a dead PC?

Discus and support Any way to get Windows 10 passwords from the hard drive on a dead PC? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I'd like to know if there's a way to retrieve different kind of passwords from a Windows 10 system drive (such as on PC with a dead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by antonio3535, May 23, 2020.

1. Any way to get Windows 10 passwords from the hard drive on a dead PC?

Hi there,

I'd like to know if there's a way to retrieve different kind of passwords from a Windows 10 system drive (such as on PC with a dead motherboard), so I can install Windows and back up and restore the passwords on the new drive.

I'm thinking of passwords for all kind of software, such as Microsoft Office, browser passwords, apps passwords, etc.
    Any useful app for this? I tried Nirsoft apps but I couldn't get anything useful.

Any help much welcome.

:)

antonio3535, May 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2020
  3. little cat, May 23, 2020
  4. dadibones Win User

Any way to get Windows 10 passwords from the hard drive on a dead PC?

Windows 10 install from dead hard drive

Is there a way to transfer my windows 10 and other files which live on a dead hard drive directly onto a new hard drive which i have mounted into the laptop the dead hdd came out of? I removed the dead hdd and used a sata to usb cable to check if my files
    are still on the old drive on a friends laptop and they are there. Since this drive is now out of my laptop can i use it as an external drive and download its contents (including windows 10) directly onto my new drive in the laptop? I tried to add a file
    to the dead drive and it would not take it.

dadibones, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Any way to get Windows 10 passwords from the hard drive on a dead PC?

1. Any way to get Windows 10 passwords from the hard drive on a dead PC? - Similar Threads - passwords hard drive

2. How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive: A hard drive containing my windows 10 pro OS died, and I would like to remove that device from my Microsoft account and install the OS on a new hard drive using the same product key. Where can I find this product key on my Microsoft account?Can I install this on my new...
  3. How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive: A hard drive containing my windows 10 pro OS died, and I would like to remove that device from my Microsoft account and install the OS on a new hard drive using the same product key. Where can I find this product key on my Microsoft account?Can I install this on my new...
  4. How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Recovering user files from old hard drive from dead PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering user files from old hard drive from dead PC: I had an all-in-one PC that died about a year ago and have just managed to get my hands on a hard drive caddy to try and recover the files that I had on the old PC's HDD. However, when I go into the disk I cannot access the files - when I try to go into my old user profile on...
  6. Is there any way to get Win10 to see a hard drive from Win7?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there any way to get Win10 to see a hard drive from Win7?: I have a 3TB hard disk that was my archive drive for all the video and audio media files on my Media-Centre PC which is a Win7 OS When I installed it as an internal drive on my current machine it is connected in the BIOS but Win10 OS it does not show in File Explorer, Disk...
  7. Is my hard drive dead?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is my hard drive dead?: Context: my computer is 12 years old and just recently when force shutting it down after it crashing from opening a program while making weird beeping noises whenever I press any keyboard input or click my mouse. When booted up, it seemed to be stuck on a black screen so I...
  8. Dead Hard Drive. Is it a Virus?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dead Hard Drive. Is it a Virus?: I was having trouble with my laptop which I could not sort out. I decided to take out my hard drive and check it on another laptop using a sata/usb lead. I could not read the drive as it asked me if I wanted to format it. Where has my data gone and is the drive dead and could...
  9. Windows 10 install from dead hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install from dead hard drive: Is there a way to transfer my windows 10 and other files which live on a dead hard drive directly onto a new hard drive which i have mounted into the laptop the dead hdd came out of? I removed the dead hdd and used a sata to usb cable to check if my files are still on the...
  10. Recover windows from dead hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recover windows from dead hard drive: Hello there, I have a Huawei Matebook x whose hard drive is dead and won't boot. Nor am I able to get into the recovery for reset. I know I will have to replace the ssd and do a fresh windows install. I don't have a recovery disc or usb either. I was wondering if 1) there...