Windows 10: Any way to group pictures (ie Group By) in file explorer by month (without making separate...

Discus and support Any way to group pictures (ie Group By) in file explorer by month (without making separate... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to open just one picture folder, hit sort by date, and have separate groups for separate months. Again, I don’t want to create separate folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-Dividing-By-Zer0-, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Any way to group pictures (ie Group By) in file explorer by month (without making separate...

I want to open just one picture folder, hit sort by date, and have separate groups for separate months.

Again, I don’t want to create separate folders for these.

I have thousands of pics and don’t wanna have to go through all of em’ putting them in diff folders

submitted by /u/-Dividing-By-Zer0-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-Dividing-By-Zer0-, Jul 27, 2020

2. Grouping pictures by month or actual date in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for sorting the pictures in date wise and check if it helps.

• Go to “file explorer” and open it.
    • Right click on the picture screen.
    • Click on “group by” option and go to more options.
    • Check the box “Date” and click on “Ok”
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 27, 2020
  3. lusharp Win User
    Group pictures into month taken in windows 10

In windows 7, I was able to view pictures in folders grouped by month which was useful in seeing the pictures i had taken over the year even if they were grouped together with pictures taken years earlier. After upgrading to windows 10, I am now unable
    to work out how to do this! Although there is an option to group pictures in 'date taken' order in the view tab, this doesn't seem to separate the pictures from their original folders and group them into months. I wondered if anyone can help?

lusharp, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Any way to group pictures (ie Group By) in file explorer by month (without making separate...

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Any way to group pictures (ie Group By) in file explorer by month (without making separate...

1. Any way to group pictures (ie Group By) in file explorer by month (without making separate... - Similar Threads - group pictures Group

2. When grouping by date in File Explorer, is there any way to force all dates to be shown,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When grouping by date in File Explorer, is there any way to force all dates to be shown,...: Hello all.I have a large set of video clips that I need to gather in a single folder and group by dates. I want to be able to sort them in the folder by date, and then group them by dates, but I need the folder display to show every date, even if it was years ago. Obviously,...
  3. When grouping by date in File Explorer, is there any way to force all dates to be shown,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When grouping by date in File Explorer, is there any way to force all dates to be shown,...: Hello all.I have a large set of video clips that I need to gather in a single folder and group by dates. I want to be able to sort them in the folder by date, and then group them by dates, but I need the folder display to show every date, even if it was years ago. Obviously,...
  4. Any way to disable the "grouping" option in file explorer permanently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to disable the "grouping" option in file explorer permanently?: I really dislike that it automatically activated the grouping by date after this last update, in everything, and it is kind of annoying to have to right clikc and select the "group by none" every single time, I move something from one folder to another and next time I open...
  5. Any way to disable the "grouping" option in file explorer permanently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to disable the "grouping" option in file explorer permanently?: I really dislike that it automatically activated the grouping by date after this last update, in everything, and it is kind of annoying to have to right clikc and select the "group by none" every single time, I move something from one folder to another and next time I open...
  6. File Explorer Grouping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Grouping: I recently upgraded to 22H2. i want my folders to look like this instead it keeps resetting to thisI've tried doing this but it keeps resetting to defaults https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-grouping/07eb0397-6b70-4ab2-a9a8-6b2352cf94dd
  7. File Explorer Grouping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Grouping: I recently upgraded to 22H2. i want my folders to look like this instead it keeps resetting to thisI've tried doing this but it keeps resetting to defaults https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-grouping/07eb0397-6b70-4ab2-a9a8-6b2352cf94dd
  8. Group By in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Group By in File Explorer: Hello, Each time I open "Downloads" folder in file explorer, its "Grouped By". Have to select "None" to view it normally. Next time its again "Grouped By". How do I get rid of this and set it to be always as "None". Answers will be appreciated. Thanks Window 10 pro x 64,...
  9. Family Safety - any way to create application groups? ie. school and fun And limit the...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety - any way to create application groups? ie. school and fun And limit the...: Hi I use Family safety and think it's a great program and idea but it has some serious limitations. My kids spend most of their allotted time playing Roblox or watching movies on their windows 10 computers. I have set time limits for both of those applications. Lets say...
  10. Prevent Explorer grouping folders and files separately

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent Explorer grouping folders and files separately: Hi, There are lots of forum posts about people wanting to have folders always on top. I have the opposite problem: I DON'T want folders on top. If I arrange a directory by Name, Date modified, Type, Size etc. then the folders are always kept together - I don't want this. If...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows group files by month

2. windows grouping files by month