Windows 10: Any way to have back the Sketchpad app?

Discus and support Any way to have back the Sketchpad app? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/IlContebo123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j19ccw/any_way_to_have_back_the_sketchpad_app/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IlContebo123, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Any way to have back the Sketchpad app?

/u/IlContebo123, Sep 28, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Windows Ink Sketchpad - Not able to switch windows. Sketchpad disappears.

Hi Chetan Agrawal,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you, when there is a need to switch between multiple applications.
    Based on your question, we have tried simulating the issue on our system and we came across the same results. This is because, Windows ink sketchpad is not an application, but it’s a feature
    of Windows ink workspace.

However, I have researched on the issue and found a workaround to open sketchpad directly using shortcut keys.
    Please follow the steps mentioned below to achieve the same:

• Tap on Windows &
      W key at the same time on the keyboard. This will bring up the Windows Ink workspace window.
    • Now, click on Tab key to highlight the sketchpad feature on Windows ink workspace and hit enter. This will bring back the sketchpad window you were working on.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Sep 28, 2020
  3. sketchpad

Hi Ashlynn

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

The sketchpad in Windows Ink feature is a blank slate for you to draw whatever you want. Any sketchpad drawing you create is saved as a PNG file. Currently, there is no option to search just for a sketchpad drawing or a way to recover sketchpad drawings that
    were not saved.

We recommend saving the file on a specific folder on your computer to help organize your sketchpad drawings.

Did you look in the Pictures folder if it might be there.

Andre for Directly, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Any way to have back the Sketchpad app?

Recovering sketchpad drawings

I create a few sketchpad drawings but am not sure if I saved them, Is there a way to search for just sketchpad drawings and/or is there a way to recover sketchpad drawings that were not saved?

Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 4 / Install, update, and repair

MatthewKelley1, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Any way to have back the Sketchpad app?

1. Any way to have back the Sketchpad app? - Similar Threads - Sketchpad app

2. I can't open the settings app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open the settings app: Hello everyone, it's been over a month. I couldn't open settings on my laptop and windows didn't show any error at that time. But today after about 10 hours, when I opened the installation application, windows reported an error code picture below. I have tried restarting the...
  3. I can't open the settings app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open the settings app: Hello everyone, it's been over a month. I couldn't open settings on my laptop and windows didn't show any error at that time. But today after about 10 hours, when I opened the installation application, windows reported an error code picture below. I have tried restarting the...
  4. Authenticator app was working and now it's not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator app was working and now it's not.: What is going on with the Authenticator app? Earlier today, I had no problem logging into my vault. When I had to get back into my account on my laptop, nothing shows up on the Authenticator app. I also tried to log in using my password Which is correct, but that doesn't...
  5. Authenticator app was working and now it's not.

Authenticator app was working and now it's not.: What is going on with the Authenticator app? Earlier today, I had no problem logging into my vault. When I had to get back into my account on my laptop, nothing shows up on the Authenticator app. I also tried to log in using my password Which is correct, but that doesn't...
  6. Windows Ink Workspace - Keep Sketchpad After Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Ink Workspace - Keep Sketchpad After Update: Hello all, I am desperately looking for a way to keep Windows' Sketchpad program on my computer. I love and use the program multiple times daily for sketching, but in the latest Windows update, it has been removed and replaced with Whiteboard, which I cannot use offline and...
  7. Sticky Notes & sketchpad disappeared from windows ink workspace icon

Sticky Notes & sketchpad disappeared from windows ink workspace icon: Dear, The view of windows ink workspace just changed and disappeared from the menu, I really don't know why but I would like to have the old menu back with Stick Notes and sketchpad. The new menu is like at the attachment. Anyone any idea or a solution? Thanks a lot, Lale...
  8. Where Did My Sketchpad Go?

Where Did My Sketchpad Go?: I ran the latest windows update on my surface and it seems that the Windows Ink Workspace is broken. I only have two options, and the sketchpad app that I use very often at work with coworkers/clients is gone. Do I need to restore and update again? Is this a known bug? Is the...
  9. Windows Ink Sketchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Ink Sketchpad: I draw diagrams using Windows Ink Sketchpad and Digital pen. But when I want to switch to presentation using Alt + Tab, I am unable to relaunch the Sketchpad. When this issue occurs, I go to the right bottom cornet to press the Ink icon and open sketchpad. Help me to fix the...
  10. Cannot switch windows in Windows Ink Sketchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot switch windows in Windows Ink Sketchpad: I faced an issue with Windows Ink Sketchpad which I use to record some session during which I have to draw diagrams. Sometimes when I have to switch to presentation (Alt + Tab), I can't relaunch my Sketchpad. Then I go to right bottom corner to click on the Ink icon and open...