Windows 10: Any way to have custom resolution on a specific program?

Discus and support Any way to have custom resolution on a specific program? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an application not from Microsoft store that always runs at a lower resolution than my actual monitor's resolution. There are no options to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rileyaft, Feb 7, 2021.

1. rileyaft Win User

Any way to have custom resolution on a specific program?

I have an application not from Microsoft store that always runs at a lower resolution than my actual monitor's resolution. There are no options to change this within the application, and I already run on the highest resolution windows will allow. Is there any way to force the application to run at a certain resolution? Thanks to anyone that responds with an answer.

:)

rileyaft, Feb 7, 2021

2. specific screen resolutions for specific programs

on previous versions of windows, one could choose the screen resolution for specific programs or apps. I cant find it in windows10, all I can find in it's place is one screen resolution option "640 x 480" and after a long time of searching for other ways
    to do this, it's too time consuming...

was that setting moved or gotten rid of?

640 x 480 is way too small of a resolution for what I need. My 1440p display is too large for the programs I am using and some have settings that I can easily and quickly change In the settings, but many do not. Also searching each folder with no clue which
    one contains the resolution is only successful a fraction of the time.

If there is no solution for windows 10, I have an nvidia video card, if there is a way to do it on that? please let me know, I haven't found it yet on that either.

I know that I can go into the settings of windows10 and change the resolution for everything as a universal setting and same for the nvidia video card, but it gets old and I cant always get the resolution that I want or I have to play around with it each
    time to get it right again. ( because I don't remember the resolution I used before)

Im looking for preset resolutions for individual apps and programs., so I can spend the time to get the resolution that looks best once and be done with it and not have to test and correct it everytime.

thanks your help will be greatly appreciated.

nickprice2, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Bruce Hagen ~ MVP, Feb 7, 2021
  4. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Any way to have custom resolution on a specific program? - Similar Threads - custom resolution specific

2. any way to limit data usage for a specific program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    any way to limit data usage for a specific program: is there any way to limit the internet usage and speed for a specific programim asking this because i use wsa and i have a limited internet source...
  3. any way to limit data usage for a specific program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    any way to limit data usage for a specific program: is there any way to limit the internet usage and speed for a specific programim asking this because i use wsa and i have a limited internet source...
  4. Custom Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Custom Resolution: Ok so I have an Dell laptop having Intel UHD 620 and radeon 2gb 520m graphicsI wanna set a custom resolution on the internal display such tht it goes to native resolution and make things smaller like rn i am on 1366 x 768 and i wanna go to 1920 x 1080 such tht it displays...
  5. Custom Resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Resolution: Ok so I have an Dell laptop having Intel UHD 620 and radeon 2gb 520m graphicsI wanna set a custom resolution on the internal display such tht it goes to native resolution and make things smaller like rn i am on 1366 x 768 and i wanna go to 1920 x 1080 such tht it displays...
  6. Customize Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Resolution: How do I customize my screen resolution - beyond the recommended showing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-resolution/3afa1e35-6695-48e0-8fac-78659cae5dba
  7. Is there a way to disable UAC for a specific program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable UAC for a specific program?: So I have programs that I use often, but they trigger UAC notifications. Without disabling UAC entirely, is there a way to not have the UAC notification pop up for that program? submitted by /u/Goodperson5656 [link] [comments]...
  8. specific screen resolutions for specific programs

specific screen resolutions for specific programs: on previous versions of windows, one could choose the screen resolution for specific programs or apps. I cant find it in windows10, all I can find in it's place is one screen resolution option "640 x 480" and after a long time of searching for other ways to do this, it's too...
  9. To Specify Display Resolution for a specific program

To Specify Display Resolution for a specific program: I am running a software package that requires a much lower resolution and would only like to run just that program with that setting. How can I change the properties to open that way?...
  10. Custom resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Custom resolution: I just upgraded to Win10 and the resolution does not fit. I have a 1440x900 monitor and none of the resolution options fit. None of them say recommended or anything. Is there a way to set a custom resolution? 46087

Users found this page by searching for:

1. program that forces programs to run in certain resoultion