Windows 10: Any way to increase the headphone output volume?

Discus and support Any way to increase the headphone output volume? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; On my Android phone, I can root it and edit some .xml files in the system files to increase the volume. For example, I can even push it to the point of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SnooCauliflowers9511, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Any way to increase the headphone output volume?

On my Android phone, I can root it and edit some .xml files in the system files to increase the volume. For example, I can even push it to the point of distortion ( not what I'm trying to do though) just by changing some values, no need for any hardware changes.

I don't plan on getting a better soundcard or something, I'm just looking for the same type of thing as with my phone.

Is there anything I can do to increase the volume of my headphone output on Windows?

submitted by /u/SnooCauliflowers9511
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SnooCauliflowers9511, Nov 1, 2020
  2. ikajaste Win User

Increasing headphone volume over maximum

Hi!

First of all, everything is "normal" with my phone volume output, as in it's not broken. When listening to music I get a good sound volume output wether using headphones or not. There's enough volume output to even listen to most podcast episodes in heavy
    traffic.

However, there are many podcast episodes that have recorded sound levels so low, that even with volume on maximum I can't hear a thing when using headphones if there's any background noise in my environment! And I'm talking about normal city background,
    not heavy traffic, construction, airplane takeoff or anything like that.

Some have suggested that the podcasters sould just normalize their audio volume - but really, that's a really strange way of looking at the problem. What I have is a digital phone that processes digital audio redordings - it should be a really easy task
    to adjust the volume level that's going to the output, even over the "maximum" volume. It's clear that the phone
    can output enough volume to the speakers even for heavy traffic conditions, so it's not a hardware limitation. Of course, some clipping might occur if the recording is normalized - but I couldn't care less! If the original recording has low volume,
    using some sort of preamp over "maximum" would not even reach clipping levels.

So: Does anyone know if there is a way to digitally amp up the volume over maximum, to compensate low sound levels on the audio file?

(I have a Nokia 6220 classic, but I presume this topic would apply to other S60 phones as well.)

ikajaste, Nov 1, 2020
  3. How to increase sound output

Go to the equaliser (only available in options when music is playing). Create a new preset and take all the sliders to the max, save then use. Volume will increase slightly from default. If using headphones, don't use the Nokia ones buy a decent pair instead.

S.

steve_p---01, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Any way to increase the headphone output volume?

Volume with headphones

With headphones plugged in, my volume stays at a constant 37 even when attempting to increase the volume.

How do I increase the volume?

RaphaelLos, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Any way to increase the headphone output volume?

1. Any way to increase the headphone output volume? - Similar Threads - increase headphone output

2. how to increase volume when wired headphones is connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to increase volume when wired headphones is connect: how to increase volume when wired headphones is connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-volume-when-wired-headphones-is/4648d022-fd4e-44f7-b556-d39e9ef9fc98
  3. how to increase volume when wired headphones is connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to increase volume when wired headphones is connect: how to increase volume when wired headphones is connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-volume-when-wired-headphones-is/4648d022-fd4e-44f7-b556-d39e9ef9fc98
  4. how to increase volume when wired headphones is connect

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. In 2022 is there a way to increase base volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In 2022 is there a way to increase base volume?: Normalization is cool, FXSound is cool too, and I like them both but I really do need a bit more kick. If I could increase the base volume of everything by 200% that would be ideal. submitted by /u/SyrupBuccaneer [link] [comments]...
  6. Increase Speed of Volume Increase

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase Speed of Volume Increase: My laptop takes like 10 seconds to go from 0 to 100 volume when I use my laptop's keyboard. How can I reduce that time to 3 seconds for example without jumping values? Like when I use my USB keyboard, it just takes about 2 seconds to go from 0 to 100 with 2 volume increment...
  7. Volume increasing while using headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume increasing while using headphones: I have an issue which only happens when I have my USB headphones plugged in my laptop, this is happening at least once per day or two, this issue causes the volume to increase 1% per frame, when I try to lower it, it increases again. To fix it temporarily, I have to unplug my...
  8. Is there a way to separate the output/input volume?

Is there a way to separate the output/input volume?: I was trying to make a video of a game. I'm having a bug where only some sounds obey the sound settings (ubisoft for you). Anyway the only way I can get the sound right is by lowering the master volume in the sound settings of windows 10 but that also makes my mic too quiet....
  9. Is there any way to increase the volume on Windows 10 on my new Asus zenbook?

Is there any way to increase the volume on Windows 10 on my new Asus zenbook?: I am IT savvy and I've done everything I can think... speaker volumes at max etc. It seems I have maxed the intrinsic system volume capability. Are there any hacks? I am coming from a Dell XPS which is a shitpile but it did have decent volume. Any help greatly appreciated!...
  10. a way to increase microphone volume even more?

a way to increase microphone volume even more?: i have my microphone turned up to 100% in the settings (and in discord), however it still sounds a little quiet, even when right in front of my mouth. is there a way i could fix this? submitted by /u/dickcheddar2 [link] [comments]...