Windows 10: Any way to install hyper-v?

Discus and support Any way to install hyper-v? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My AMD Ryzen overclocking software won't run until VBS (Virtualization based security) is disabled, which won't work since I don't have the hyper-v... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bloocheesecake, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Any way to install hyper-v?

My AMD Ryzen overclocking software won't run until VBS (Virtualization based security) is disabled, which won't work since I don't have the hyper-v file in the windows features settings. any way to re-install it? Or an alternative to turning off VBS?

submitted by /u/bloocheesecake
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bloocheesecake, Jan 25, 2020

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Rex99ny Win User
    Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Any way to install hyper-v?

Hyper-V

Hi Njha98,

You can remove Hyper-V by going to the control panel > add and remove programs > turn windows features on or off > and in the list there you should see Hyper-V

remove the checkbox and this will remove hyper-v

you may need to reboot

Jordan Langford, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Any way to install hyper-v?

1. Any way to install hyper-v? - Similar Threads - install hyper

2. Cannot install Hyper-V, Error : 0x800f0831

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install Hyper-V, Error : 0x800f0831: Hello Everyone,I tried to install Hyper-V on my physical installation Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition, but I can't, and I received this error message: 0x800f0831. I have opened CBS file for more details, and I saw that informations in the pictures....
  3. Cannot install Hyper-V, Error : 0x800f0831

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install Hyper-V, Error : 0x800f0831: Hello Everyone,I tried to install Hyper-V on my physical installation Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition, but I can't, and I received this error message: 0x800f0831. I have opened CBS file for more details, and I saw that informations in the pictures....
  4. After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question: Before i install hyper v:After i installed hyper v and i restarted my computer:is is that normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-i-installed-hyper-v-on-windows-10-pro/71b31bf5-6777-40e4-bbe6-01625806d2f6
  5. After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question

After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question: Before i install hyper v:After i installed hyper v and i restarted my computer:is is that normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-i-installed-hyper-v-on-windows-10-pro/71b31bf5-6777-40e4-bbe6-01625806d2f6
  6. After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...

why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...: event ID 400, 410. 420 Kernel-PnP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-pc-keep-installing-hyper-v-ethernet-even/5e8246f1-148e-4f9f-90ef-da23a95c3d64
  8. why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...: event ID 400, 410. 420 Kernel-PnP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-pc-keep-installing-hyper-v-ethernet-even/5e8246f1-148e-4f9f-90ef-da23a95c3d64
  9. why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Trying to install a hyper-v on windows 11 home.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install a hyper-v on windows 11 home.: Hi, I'm trying to play an old computer game that required Windows 2000 or earlier. I have Windows 11 home, when I checked to see if the computer could run a hyper-v it said: a hypervisor has been detected. features required for hyper-v will not be displayed.I don't know how...