Windows 10: Any way to limit how much RAM does WSA uses?

Discus and support Any way to limit how much RAM does WSA uses? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Any way to limit the amount of RAM that WSA uses? Just like the WSL's `.wslconfig` file.I doesn't mean to bypass the restrictions to run WSA on low RAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Keritial, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Keritial Win User

Any way to limit how much RAM does WSA uses?

Any way to limit the amount of RAM that WSA uses? Just like the WSL's `.wslconfig` file.I doesn't mean to bypass the restrictions to run WSA on low RAM machines.

:)

Keritial, Jun 5, 2022
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 5, 2022
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 5, 2022
  4. Any way to limit how much RAM does WSA uses?

To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Any way to limit how much RAM does WSA uses? :D

DrunkenMafia, Jun 5, 2022
Thema:

Any way to limit how much RAM does WSA uses?

1. Any way to limit how much RAM does WSA uses? - Similar Threads - limit much RAM

2. Any way to limit how much RAM does WSA uses?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to limit how much RAM does WSA uses?: Any way to limit the amount of RAM that WSA uses? Just like the WSL's `.wslconfig` file.I doesn't mean to bypass the restrictions to run WSA on low RAM machines....
  3. Is there any way to use virtual memory instead of physical memory for WSA?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to use virtual memory instead of physical memory for WSA?: minimum requirement for installing windows 11 is 4GB memory. for using WSA minimum memory requirement is 8GB. but in reality WSA just use 2 to 4 GB memory. that would be possible to acquire extra memory from Internal SSD. but WSA don't accept virtual memory. is there any...
  4. Is there any way to use virtual memory instead of physical memory for WSA?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to use virtual memory instead of physical memory for WSA?: minimum requirement for installing windows 11 is 4GB memory. for using WSA minimum memory requirement is 8GB. but in reality WSA just use 2 to 4 GB memory. that would be possible to acquire extra memory from Internal SSD. but WSA don't accept virtual memory. is there any...
  5. Too much RAM being used, any help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Too much RAM being used, any help?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Umayyad0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsu9uq/too_much_ram_being_used_any_help/
  6. Is there any way to limit Application ram usage?

Is there any way to limit Application ram usage?: title there is an app that I want to limit submitted by /u/Summercard23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j34zdq/is_there_any_way_to_limit_application_ram_usage/
  7. Is there any way to visualize how much ReadyBoost RAM is being used?

Is there any way to visualize how much ReadyBoost RAM is being used?: So when you virtualize ram on physical storage using a USB stick, it doesn't appear alongside your memory usage in TaskManager. I wanted to know how I can verify how much RAM is being used by the USB's nand flash submitted by /u/Thanhtacles [link] [comments]...
  8. Pc uses to much ram without having any program open.

Pc uses to much ram without having any program open.: Like the title says my system has 16gbs of ram, and i've recently had bluescreen problems. When i first upgraded my ram from 8 to 16gbs, my system used about 18% of available ram. Now after the system has booted up everything, the ram usages is at 22%. Not a huge deal i know...
  9. Program using WAY too much RAM

Program using WAY too much RAM: Windows antimalware service executable (MsMpEng.exe) is using an average of 300 mb of ram! Is it safe to disable or delete this? The program is also using around 30% cpu usage on an Intel i5 9400f. submitted by /u/Wenry_ [link] [comments]...
  10. Limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates?: I'm trying to understand exactly how this works in 1709. Here is the Setting Quote: "LIMIT HOW MUCH BANDWIDTH IS USED FOR DOWNLOADING UPDATES IN THE BACKGROUND" The reason is, when I first did a clean install I wanted to make the downloads go as fast as possible, so I set...