Windows 10: Any way to lock Fn key on ASUS Zenbook Flip ?

Discus and support Any way to lock Fn key on ASUS Zenbook Flip ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I would like to use the volume and brightness keys without having to press the Fn key. There is no option in bios to change it. I've also tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/babygorilla90, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Any way to lock Fn key on ASUS Zenbook Flip ?

I would like to use the volume and brightness keys without having to press the Fn key. There is no option in bios to change it. I've also tried different combinations like Fn + Esc, Fn + Caps Lock, Fn + Numlk and nothing works.

My model number is ASUS UX561UA.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/babygorilla90
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/babygorilla90, Dec 12, 2019
  2. 5DVX0130 Win User

FN key always on

If you press “Num Lock" (might also be labeled "Num Lk”) (I’ve also seen it labeled “Pad Lock” for numeric Pad) it turns on the blue keys, and inverts the meaning of the “Fn” key – it’s a way to use that embedded numeric keypad without having to hold down the “Fn” key the entire time. To fix it, just find and press the “Num Lock” or “Pad Lock” key again. (Note, sometimes these keys are themselves “Fn” keys, so you may, or may not, need to also hold down the “Fn” key to get the right function.) Often there is an indicator light associated with the setting.

5DVX0130, Dec 12, 2019
  3. FN lock in Windows 10

I'm trying to enable the FN lock in Windows 10 on an ASUS laptop. The FN+caps lock doesn't work. Is there another way that I can lock the FN key?

LaurieR_83, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Any way to lock Fn key on ASUS Zenbook Flip ?

Does My New ZenBook Pro Not Flip?

OIt obviously doesn't turn into a tablet if you are holding the device and it doesn't turn into a tablet.The Zenbook Flip series is the series with 2-in-1 models. The product page for your device is here: ASUS ZenBook Pro UX501VW | Laptops | ASUS USA

There is no mention of it being a hybrid laptop.

Billy_Batson, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Any way to lock Fn key on ASUS Zenbook Flip ?

1. Any way to lock Fn key on ASUS Zenbook Flip ? - Similar Threads - lock key ASUS

2. Windows 10 1909 BSOD on Asus Zenbook Flip 14

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1909 BSOD on Asus Zenbook Flip 14: Hi! I now have the sam problem since the last november update. I already have tried so many things and nothing resolved my issues. I am going to be including some dump files. The errors I am encountering are: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR "Fixes" I...
  3. Way to permanently switch meaning of FN-keys with Non-FN function?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Way to permanently switch meaning of FN-keys with Non-FN function?: I need quite occasionally press keys on the top row of my keyboard like F2, F5, Print,.... To get them I always have to press additionally (just before) the <Fn> key. I want to avoid this. Is there a way to switch (forever) the meaning of Fn with Non-Fn keys? Only for the...
  4. Function Lock on ASUS Zenbook 14 stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Function Lock on ASUS Zenbook 14 stopped working: When I first bought this new computer, I had no issues with it. It was lighter, slimmer, faster, quieter, and looked cooler than my old Lenovo Yoga from 2015. The graphics card was a downgrade from the Nvidia GeForce I had to integrated graphics, but I worked my way around...
  5. FN keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    FN keys: CAN ANYONE SUPPLY ME WITH A LIST OF THE FN KEYS IE. F1,-F12 ALONG WITH WHAT THEY DO OR HOW THEY FUNCTION. IM LOOKING FOR THE KEY THAT WHEN U TURN ON THE COMPUTER YOU ARE GIVEN THE START UP OPTIONS LIKE FROM A USB AND DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW THE ERASE THE ADMINISTRATIVE...
  6. FN lock ONLY 1 FN key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FN lock ONLY 1 FN key: My F1-F12 keys also serve as system shortcuts (e.g. volume up/down) but I also use F4 a lot with Excel. I'd like to default to the system controls but not have to hit FN + F4 to use that functionality. Is there any way FN lock F4 only? Maybe the registry or some kind of...
  7. Fn keys not working

Fn keys not working: Im using sony vaio pc I had upgraded it from win7 to win10 and now my fn keys are not working except those volume functions none of them are working. I NEED HELP VERY BADLY...
  8. Asus flip lock does not work on windows 10

Asus flip lock does not work on windows 10: Since upgrading to windows my flip lock does not work on my ASUS TP-300LJ. When I flip my laptop over to tablet mode , keyboard and touchpad not disabled any one can help me ???? Note : I've tried everything you can imagine. I downloaded ATK, SmartGesture and Asus Flip...
  9. Asus flip lock does not work on windows 10

Asus flip lock does not work on windows 10: Since upgrading to windows to my flip lock does not work on my ASUS TP-300LJ. When I flip my laptop over to tablet mode , keyboard and touchpad not disabled any one can help me ???? Note : I've tried everything you can imagine. I downloaded ATK, SmartGesture and Asus Flip...
  10. FN Key Issues

FN Key Issues: For the past few days I have been trying to fix a persistent issue I have been having with my Desktop. The best means I can describe this issue it's as if the Fn lock was permanently. rendering the escape key and F1-f12 non functional even across other applications. For...