Windows 10: any way to make a clickable shortcut on the desktop to switch audio output?

Discus and support any way to make a clickable shortcut on the desktop to switch audio output? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have earphones, and monitor, I have to change audio output frequently, is there any way to create a convienient way for swithching this back and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/haha_supadupa, Jan 11, 2020.

1. any way to make a clickable shortcut on the desktop to switch audio output?

I have earphones, and monitor, I have to change audio output frequently, is there any way to create a convienient way for swithching this back and forward?

submitted by /u/haha_supadupa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/haha_supadupa, Jan 11, 2020

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Hot key or function to switch between audio output?

Does anyone know of a way to quickly switch audio outputs quickly in Windows 10? Right now I have to right click on the audio setting icon and manually switch between my headphones and my amp.

Easy Rhino, Jan 11, 2020
  4. any way to make a clickable shortcut on the desktop to switch audio output?

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

any way to make a clickable shortcut on the desktop to switch audio output?

1. any way to make a clickable shortcut on the desktop to switch audio output? - Similar Threads - clickable shortcut desktop

2. is there any way to make desktop symmetrical?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there any way to make desktop symmetrical?: i tried to find anything on the internet but i didn't find anything that would help me, i also tried using ctrl and scrolling but that didn't help align the icons...
  3. is there any way to make desktop symmetrical?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there any way to make desktop symmetrical?: i tried to find anything on the internet but i didn't find anything that would help me, i also tried using ctrl and scrolling but that didn't help align the icons...
  4. They finally restored the animation when switching desktops!!! Any way to make it faster?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    They finally restored the animation when switching desktops!!! Any way to make it faster?: Perhaps there's a registry entry? submitted by /u/MelaniaSexLife [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/17dxy0u/they_finally_restored_the_animation_when/
  5. Is there a way to assign keyboard shortcuts to different audio outputs?

Is there a way to assign keyboard shortcuts to different audio outputs?: I know, I'm lazy. But I change what audio device I'm using very frequently. I'm looking for a way to just assign the swaps to keyboard shortcuts instead of clicking around for it, especially if I have a full screen program open. Thanks. submitted by /u/UndeadPineapple...
  6. Any way to add a specified latency to audio output?

Any way to add a specified latency to audio output?: I've been looking for a way to add a systemwide delay of a few specified milliseconds to the audio output that also works in exclusive mode. I could not find anything on Google but does Windows support this? submitted by /u/36gianni36 [link] [comments]...
  7. MS Settings shortcut for switching audio output devices?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Settings shortcut for switching audio output devices?: Hi, So I know that there is a way to access specific settings via "shortcut URL's" rather than navigating through the settings. Example: For switching between connectable devices like bluetooth headphones, TV's, etc. : %windir%\explorer.exe...
  8. Desktop not clickable ?

Desktop not clickable ?: Hello Just recently my desktop started to act weird. I cant click on anything unless I do a bunch of other steps and its very annoying to deal with it and I dont have a solution for that. I dont know what might have caused this to happen. Please help. submitted by...
  9. Is there a simple way (hotkey) to switch audio output?

Is there a simple way (hotkey) to switch audio output?: I have heard of sound switch and the like but they only change default audio device and some games and itunes will not follow the default device but will stay with the one they were opened in. Is there a way to maybe enable and disable a device with a shortcut? Any other...
  10. Desktop shortcut with output redirection

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut with output redirection: I have a shortcut on my desktop for a GUI appliction that had a Target like: C:\somepath\myprog.exe that works fine! I then changed it to read: C:\somepath\myprog.exe >C:\temp\myprog.log 2>&1 but that didn't create the log file at all *Sad What have I got wrong? Thanks...