Windows 10: Any way to make alt-tab bring up all open windows of program/application?

Discus and support Any way to make alt-tab bring up all open windows of program/application? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Say I have 3 File Explorer windows open. When I alt-tab to File Explorer, is there any way to make it bring up all 3 windows at the same time? Rather... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/birdsnap, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Any way to make alt-tab bring up all open windows of program/application?

Say I have 3 File Explorer windows open. When I alt-tab to File Explorer, is there any way to make it bring up all 3 windows at the same time? Rather than selecting each, one by one?

submitted by /u/birdsnap
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/birdsnap, Oct 16, 2020
  2. eddyq Win User

Alt/Tab has changed

I recently upgraded from W7 to W10. On W7 alt/tab would expand each open application window such that they were full size when alt/tab'd or mouse'd over to it. But on W10 they do not show full size unless you bring the app into focus by releasing alt/tab. I suspect MS did that because on W7 they had a bug whereby the list of open icons would fall behind current windows. But that was fixed with with a 3rd party app (AltTabFixOnce.exe).

Does anyone know how to get back the W7 form of alt/tab?

Eddy

eddyq, Oct 16, 2020
  3. GAS
    Gas Win User
    Alt/Tab has changed

Hello, here is a list of all keyboard shortcuts in W10:
    Keyboard shortcuts - Windows Help

I think it will be very useful to you.

4. OMohammed Win User

Any way to make alt-tab bring up all open windows of program/application?

Opening programs changes Alt+Tab Order

The problem I'm having is that when I open a new file in a program that is already open, all of the windows of that type are brought to the foreground with the new one in front (theres a more detailed explanation at the bottom if this is not clear). This
    becomes an annoying problem when I try to use alt+tab because now the order of my programs is completely messed up and takes switching between multiple windows over and over again. I've never had this problem in windows 7, 8, or 8.1 so I think it may be a
    new feature in windows 10. This has really been annoying me and really hinders productivity. I have been unable to find any solutions for it. Please Help!

Detailed explanation:

Say that I have 4 windows open: one browser, word file A, and word file B, and one pdf. I am working between the PDF and the browser and am happily alt+tabing to switch between the two. The order of my alt+Tab list is : browser, pdf, word A, word B.

Next I need to open another word document (word C) for reference or later use. I open the document, but when the file opens in word, the window with word A and the window with word B come to the foreground, then word C comes up as my active window. Now the
    order of my alt+tab list is: Word C, Word A, Word B, browser, pdf.

This means that I have to alt+tab 4 times and then 5 times to bring the browser and pdf back to the foreground. I want to make it so that when I open word C, it opens as the active window and does not bump the other word documents up as well. The alt+tab
    order should be: Word C, browser, pdf, word A, word B.

OMohammed, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Any way to make alt-tab bring up all open windows of program/application?

1. Any way to make alt-tab bring up all open windows of program/application? - Similar Threads - alt tab bring

2. Any way to make the taskbar pop up in front of any application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to make the taskbar pop up in front of any application?: When I have google or any application on borderless and I try to move my mouse to the bottom of the screen to view the taskbar it pops up behind chrome or whatever application I have open. I have to press the windows key just to get it to pop up over chrome.q...
  3. Any way to make the taskbar pop up in front of any application?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to make the taskbar pop up in front of any application?: When I have google or any application on borderless and I try to move my mouse to the bottom of the screen to view the taskbar it pops up behind chrome or whatever application I have open. I have to press the windows key just to get it to pop up over chrome.q...
  4. It's there any way to force all open folder behavior in tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It's there any way to force all open folder behavior in tabs: When I call open folder in thirdparty application.Or like the ‘open file location’ menu. The picture ↓ By default it create a new file explorer window. This make the tab feature meaningless.So are there any ways to force the file explorer open a path in tabs any times?...
  5. It's there any way to force all open folder behavior in tabs

It's there any way to force all open folder behavior in tabs: When I call open folder in thirdparty application.Or like the ‘open file location’ menu. The picture ↓ By default it create a new file explorer window. This make the tab feature meaningless.So are there any ways to force the file explorer open a path in tabs any times?...
  6. ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list: On my Windows 11 installation when I use ALT+TAB to switch between open applications I weirdly also get the taskbar listed as an open application:When I try to close it the taskbar application i get the following shutdown screen:...
  7. ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list

ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list: On my Windows 11 installation when I use ALT+TAB to switch between open applications I weirdly also get the taskbar listed as an open application:When I try to close it the taskbar application i get the following shutdown screen:...
  8. Is there any way to hide programs in the Alt-Tab menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to hide programs in the Alt-Tab menu?: basically the title. I have a few programs that I keep running on my pc at all times and I don't wanna tab into them is there any way that I can hide these programs from the Alt-Tab Menu specifically? Like for example, I keep OBS running every time my PC is on and I have...
  9. Alt Tab switching applications but not bringing them to the front.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt Tab switching applications but not bringing them to the front.: Basically the title. When I use alt+tab to switch windows and applications the active program changes but it doesn't bring the program to the front. This happens when I try to use the taskbar as well, have to alt tab three times to change the program and bring it to the...
  10. Mouse Button Brings Up All Tabs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Button Brings Up All Tabs: I have the Mx Anywhere 2s. Instead of a regular scroll wheel button, it has a button right beneath the scroll wheel. This is what I use to close tabs, etc. I switched computers recently, and whenever I push it to close a tab, it brings up all tabs. With a mouse with a normal...