Windows 10: Any way to make computer sleep on login screen when inactive?

Discus and support Any way to make computer sleep on login screen when inactive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why don`t you just tell whoever to stay away from your PC ? Personally, I would never put my pc to sleep if I was going to sleep or work. I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GuyInDogSuit, May 2, 2017.

1. AddRAM Win User

Any way to make computer sleep on login screen when inactive?

Why don`t you just tell whoever to stay away from your PC ?

Personally, I would never put my pc to sleep if I was going to sleep or work. I would just turn it off.

AddRAM, May 14, 2017
  2. vgchat Win User

I agree, it's probably time you have a nice little one on one talk with whoever keeps unplugging that and explain why you do what you do.

vgchat, May 14, 2017
  3. Because they don't care.

And shutting it down and starting up puts more wear and tear on the components.

I tried, he won't listen. He complains his power bill is extremely high but I'm not the one with the TVs on all day.

GuyInDogSuit, May 16, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

Was thinking about your problem Guy, changing power profiles isn't very practical and am also not sure, if it'll work at logoff without login first...

Just set profile for sleep (i.e. short time, 2 or 5 mins) and run a program that prevents PC to go into sleep when working.

www.softwareok.com/?Microsoft/DontSleep

Don't Sleep is donationware. Basically freeware and clean of viruses, according to virustotal. This program will prevent Windows to go to sleep. just set it to run at startup.

Next step is to find out what brings your PC from sleep when you are away. We can deal with that later

AndreTen, May 16, 2017
  5. Well, I wasn't able to get this solved, so I don't know what to do at this point.

GuyInDogSuit, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Any way to make computer sleep on login screen when inactive? - Similar Threads - computer sleep login

2. is there any way to make desktop symmetrical?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there any way to make desktop symmetrical?: i tried to find anything on the internet but i didn't find anything that would help me, i also tried using ctrl and scrolling but that didn't help align the icons...
  3. is there any way to make desktop symmetrical?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there any way to make desktop symmetrical?: i tried to find anything on the internet but i didn't find anything that would help me, i also tried using ctrl and scrolling but that didn't help align the icons...
  4. Is there a way to make Notifications appear when returning to the computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make Notifications appear when returning to the computer?: I need my notifications to remain onscreen until dismissed. And if I'm away from my computer (keeping it Locked), then I expect to see all notifications that would have appeared during my time away, once I log back in. Apparently, the way Notifications work in Windows 10 is...
  5. Any way to fix this (login screen)

Any way to fix this (login screen): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/-The-Moon- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m7r3f9/any_way_to_fix_this_login_screen/
  6. [Help] Any way to prevent windows from locking on inactivity?

[Help] Any way to prevent windows from locking on inactivity?: If I leave my laptop untouched, it locks the screen and goes to lockscreen after ~5 minutes. How do I prevent this? I'm NOT talking about screen turning off. I'm fine with screen turning off. But I don't want the screen to lock. In other words, Is this possible - Laptop...
  7. Is there any way to bypass login screen only when I'm home?

Is there any way to bypass login screen only when I'm home?: Hi guys. I believe smartphones have a feature to unlock the phone screen whenever the owners are at home. How about laptop? Is there any way that I can configure my laptop to automatically login for me when I'm home and require the password when I bring the laptop to school?...
  8. Computer go to sleep after a short span of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer go to sleep after a short span of inactivity: I've tried the option of "Never" under the Change plan settings, but it doesn't work. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-go-to-sleep-after-a-short-span-of/3f84cb46-2330-4a35-a52e-9cbe46299955
  9. login screen not showing. No way to login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    login screen not showing. No way to login: My computer kept freezing. I wanted to know if it was a program causing it. I went to run --> msconfig and disable all the start up programs. I thought wiindows would be smart enough to disable only the unessential programs. When windows restarts its start like normal,...
  10. Laptop doesn't turn off the screen or go to sleep when inactive

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop doesn't turn off the screen or go to sleep when inactive: Hello everyone, so just the other day I (finally) upgraded my Lenovo Ideapad Z510 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. So far, I'm pretty happy about it, so I'm definitely not regretting it, but there is one thing that it's starting to frustrate me. Basically, when the...