Windows 10: Any way to make headset inline audio controls work?

Discus and support Any way to make headset inline audio controls work? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I always listen to music with Audio-Technica headphones that have inline controls attached to the mic. Press once to play/pause, play twice to skip to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VULCAN_WITCH, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Any way to make headset inline audio controls work?

I always listen to music with Audio-Technica headphones that have inline controls attached to the mic. Press once to play/pause, play twice to skip to next track, etc. I love the convenience of this feature and use it all the time on my Samsung Galaxy phone, my iPad, and my 2015 MacBook Air. I am trying to use my Windows 10 HP Pavilion as more of an every day machine as my MacBook is getting old and sluggish but have been frustrated by the fact that I can't seem to make the inline controls work. Sound is fine and the mic works too but no inline controls working anywhere. I updated all the RealTek drivers but that didn't change anything. I saw someone somewhere say that most Windows machines simply don't have the necessary hardware built into the headphone jack to support this - is this true or is there some other way to make this work that I'm missing? Thanks!

submitted by /u/VULCAN_WITCH
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VULCAN_WITCH, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Doc943 Win User

Recommended me a gaming headset

I'm after a "quality" ON-EAR headset with boom mike and inline volume/mute control to plug directly (and work!) into the newer Xbox One controller that has a 3.5mm jack.

Suggestions welcome

Doc943, Nov 5, 2019
  3. inline mic/ headset

i have an inline mic and headset, one with the mic built into the wire, the speakers on it work fine, and at one point so did the mic, but after an update, the mic is no longer detected by windows, and i have an all in 1 port on my PC. I've tried soultions
    on previous threads on similar topics, regaurding making sure the device isnt "disabled" or "disconnected" in the audio settings and checking device manager, including uninstalling the devices in device manager and letting them reinstall after reboot. please
    help

i also use this same headset regularly with my phone for making/ awnsering phone calls, so the audio device itself is functional

Xavier Hummel, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Any way to make headset inline audio controls work?

Master volume for USB headset not working. Win10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that the USB Headset audio controller is not working. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to audio controller is corrupt. Try the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1.

I would suggest you try to connect in different port and check f it helps. If the issue still persist try below method.

Method 2.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on View by: category and click on Small icon.
    • Now click on troubleshooting and click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.

Method 3.

I would suggest you to un-install the audio controller from the Device Manager and check if helps. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type devmgmt.msc and hit the Enter.
    • Go into Device Manager and expand Universal Serial Bus controller.
    • And right click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node related to USB headset and remove them at a time.
    • Restart the computer, and then reinstall the USB controllers.

Hope this helps, post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Any way to make headset inline audio controls work?

1. Any way to make headset inline audio controls work? - Similar Threads - headset inline audio

2. is there any way to make desktop symmetrical?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there any way to make desktop symmetrical?: i tried to find anything on the internet but i didn't find anything that would help me, i also tried using ctrl and scrolling but that didn't help align the icons...
  3. Any way to make Home Sharing just work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any way to make Home Sharing just work?: I have to manually restart 'Function discovery Provider Host' service every time I want to share something between home PCs so as to make them mutually discoverable in my network. This has been happening since an update from May. Is there a way to make it work reliably? How...
  4. Inline mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Inline mic not working: I bought an audio cable with an inline mic, and it's not working with my laptop. my laptop has a single jack, with a headset symbol next to it. and the mic is not even listed in the control panel > hardware and sound > sound > recording. the problem is not with my mic because...
  5. Kubernetes - any way of making it work on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kubernetes - any way of making it work on Windows: Hi there I'm looking at Kubernetes as an ongoing increasingly used Cloud service. It can be tested individually on a Local machine via a few basic tutorials Getting started | Kubernetes Anybody got any experience with this -- Does it really do what it says on the Tin and is...
  6. Is there a way to make my headset the default audio device but also automatically revert to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make my headset the default audio device but also automatically revert to...: I mean instead of manually selecting them in windows audio settings each time I turn the headset on or off? submitted by /u/The_Algerian [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lcguit/is_there_a_way_to_make_my_headset_the_default/
  7. Is there any way for me to disable the "controller" on my headset?

Is there any way for me to disable the "controller" on my headset?: It's super sensitive and even the slightest touch can cause my PC to be muted, which is really bad for somebody into competitive games like me. I don't wanna straight up disable my headset altogether, so can somebody help me figure this out? submitted by /u/Maximus125...
  8. Inline headphone volume control

Inline headphone volume control: I bought a cheap (but highly rated) pair of headphones with inline mic and volume controls and although the earbuds and mic work great, the inline controls don't work. Is there something I need to do to get these working? I've got a Surface Pro 4 and am plugging them directly...
  9. any way to make a clickable shortcut on the desktop to switch audio output?

any way to make a clickable shortcut on the desktop to switch audio output?: I have earphones, and monitor, I have to change audio output frequently, is there any way to create a convienient way for swithching this back and forward? submitted by /u/haha_supadupa [link] [comments]...
  10. Is there any way to control updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there any way to control updates?: I'm getting more and more p**d off with W10 because of the apparent inability to have any control over when it performs updates. The latest and most frustrating annoyance occurred whilst I was on holiday and using a mobile broadband (mi-fi) device. Windows decided to update...