Windows 10: Any way to move an open app from taskbar to systray?

Discus and support Any way to move an open app from taskbar to systray? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10, version 1909 I installed a free app from the Microsoft Store, Aurora Weather, which displays the weather on my desktop, where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sleeper0993, May 25, 2020.

1. Any way to move an open app from taskbar to systray?

I'm running Windows 10, version 1909

I installed a free app from the Microsoft Store, Aurora Weather, which displays the weather on my desktop, where I have it set to a small window that I always want open. Does anyone know of a program or way to either move the icon for the program to the system tray or hide it on the taskbar while keeping the program's window open?

I've found a number of programs that were described as being able to hide the icon from the taskbar or move it to the system tray, but all of those would hide or minimize the program's window at the same time.

:)

sleeper0993, May 25, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Any way to move an open app from taskbar to systray? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 25, 2020
  3. MikeWBL Win User
    ActiveSync no longer in SysTray

I now have one remaining issue. ActiveSync does not open automatically when I connect my phone via USB. This is despite the fact that I have a check in the box next to Open ActiveSync when my device connects (File/Connection Settings).

My "Work around" is to open ActveSync manually and then close the window and ActiveSync shows up white in the SysTray. I then connect my device via USB and ActiveSync opens up and eventually Syncs my device.

I can live with this but do you have any suggestions to avoid the step above?

MikeWBL, May 25, 2020
  4. Any way to move an open app from taskbar to systray?

No option to pin apps to taskbar or uninstall apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Then try to check if you find the option by right clicking on any app.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Any way to move an open app from taskbar to systray?

1. Any way to move an open app from taskbar to systray? - Similar Threads - move open app

2. Is there any way to move swapfile and pagefile from the system drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to move swapfile and pagefile from the system drive?: I have tried to use NTFS symbolic link destination drive has no letter assigned:mklink c:\swapfile.sys \\?\Volume{XXXXXXXX-0000-0000-0000-100000000000}\swapfile.sysmklink c:\pagefile.sys \\?\Volume{XXXXXXXX-0000-0000-0000-100000000000}\pagefile.syseverything works fine except...
  3. Is there any way to move swapfile and pagefile from the system drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there any way to move swapfile and pagefile from the system drive?: I have tried to use NTFS symbolic link destination drive has no letter assigned:mklink c:\swapfile.sys \\?\Volume{XXXXXXXX-0000-0000-0000-100000000000}\swapfile.sysmklink c:\pagefile.sys \\?\Volume{XXXXXXXX-0000-0000-0000-100000000000}\pagefile.syseverything works fine except...
  4. Is there any way to move swapfile and pagefile from the system drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Any way to open a window from the monitor that I opened it on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to open a window from the monitor that I opened it on?: I have 2 monitors and I want to know if theres an option or program that can make it so if I open something on my 1st monitor, it opens on my 1st, and if I open it on my 2nd, it opens on my 2nd. submitted by /u/SamDaHuman [link] [comments]...
  6. Is there a way to minimise taskbar icons w/ an app open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to minimise taskbar icons w/ an app open: I thought, in past versions of Windows, there was a way to keep application icons minimised in the Taskbar when the app was launched/open. If there is in v10, I can't find it. On my laptop Surface Book 2 icons do remain minimised. On my desktop computer, or when I connect...
  7. Any way to make apps open not on the main display?

Any way to make apps open not on the main display?: Say if I click an app in the taskbar on a secondary monitor, it just opens on the main display, which is really, really annoying. In Mac OS, whichever display the Dock is on (which is as simple as moving your cursor to the bottom of the screen and clicking), the app opens on...
  8. Any way to disable taskbar flashing app notifications?

Any way to disable taskbar flashing app notifications?: I've tried changing the value of HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\ForegroundFlashCount and restarting like some guides online say, but that doesn't seem to disable them. Does anybody know of a different way that works? I'm on Windows 10.0.19041 if that helps. submitted by...
  9. any ways to open fullscreen apps on a part of the screen?

any ways to open fullscreen apps on a part of the screen?: i have a portrait monitar and i want to make apps get to full screen in a part of the monster monitar submitted by /u/mountainro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hio9pv/any_ways_to_open_fullscreen_apps_on_a_part_of_the/
  10. Any way to move the taskbar clock to the middle/center?

Any way to move the taskbar clock to the middle/center?: submitted by /u/CryptoBojan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fxtz7r/any_way_to_move_the_taskbar_clock_to_the/