Windows 10: Any way to open a window from the monitor that I opened it on?

Discus and support Any way to open a window from the monitor that I opened it on? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have 2 monitors and I want to know if theres an option or program that can make it so if I open something on my 1st monitor, it opens on my 1st, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SamDaHuman, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Any way to open a window from the monitor that I opened it on?

I have 2 monitors and I want to know if theres an option or program that can make it so if I open something on my 1st monitor, it opens on my 1st, and if I open it on my 2nd, it opens on my 2nd.

submitted by /u/SamDaHuman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SamDaHuman, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Open a Program on any Monitor where I open at?

Hi,

Regardless of how many monitors are set up on a computer, one main display is allowed. For your security, we cannot offer any third-party applications that are not approved by Microsoft.

Alternatively, you can follow the steps below on how can an application open in a specific monitor:

• Open an application, then drag it to the monitor you want it to open.
    • Restore down the application (window mode). To do so, press the Windows
      key + the Arrow down key on your keyboard.
    • Close the application by clicking the X mark icon.
    • Relaunch the application to confirm.

Note that this workaround may or may not work for all applications.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Any way to open a window from the monitor that I opened it on?

Files on extended monitor not opening

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerns with opening files in second monitor. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps from the below link and check if it helps:

To open a Pdf file on the second monitor

Let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Any way to open a window from the monitor that I opened it on?

1. Any way to open a window from the monitor that I opened it on? - Similar Threads - open window monitor

2. I haven't open my device by the any ways

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I haven't open my device by the any ways: I haven't open my device by this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-havent-open-my-device-by-the-any-ways/989cd50e-9dcd-4962-943a-5e653e7235a7
  3. I haven't open my device by the any ways

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I haven't open my device by the any ways: I haven't open my device by this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-havent-open-my-device-by-the-any-ways/989cd50e-9dcd-4962-943a-5e653e7235a7
  4. I haven't open my device by the any ways

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to open the Minecraft Launcher in any way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open the Minecraft Launcher in any way?: So yesterday i closed minecraft Java normally as i always do and wanted to relaunch the game, except this time nothing would happen at all. The game did not launch or even show up in task manager, NOTHING!. I looked this up and it told me to use compatibility mode bla bla...
  6. How can I make a program open on the monitor I open it from.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I make a program open on the monitor I open it from.: For example both my monitors have the same taskbar. I want to open chrome on my first monitor then move my cursor to the second monitor and when I click chrome on the second monitor a new chrome instance of chrome opens on the second monitor rather than it opening on the...
  7. any ways to open fullscreen apps on a part of the screen?

any ways to open fullscreen apps on a part of the screen?: i have a portrait monitar and i want to make apps get to full screen in a part of the monster monitar submitted by /u/mountainro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hio9pv/any_ways_to_open_fullscreen_apps_on_a_part_of_the/
  8. Can’t open settings in any way

Can’t open settings in any way: I’m currently on a windows 10 laptop and can’t open settings at all no matter what. It’s been like these for a day or so and happened randomly. I’m getting the error message saying “The group or recourse is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation”. Can...
  9. Any way to move an open app from taskbar to systray?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to move an open app from taskbar to systray?: I'm running Windows 10, version 1909 I installed a free app from the Microsoft Store, Aurora Weather, which displays the weather on my desktop, where I have it set to a small window that I always want open. Does anyone know of a program or way to either move the icon for the...
  10. any way to connect to open wifi with windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    any way to connect to open wifi with windows 10?: it won't let me leave the password field blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-way-to-connect-to-open-wifi-with-windows-10/fa76e472-cbae-4e44-a437-5bcf2f33f637