Windows 10: Any way to permanently opt out of windows updates?

Discus and support Any way to permanently opt out of windows updates? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have found various solutions, that work for a while, but then every time something causes them to re-enable all the windows update services, things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shadowpoky, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Any way to permanently opt out of windows updates?

I have found various solutions, that work for a while, but then every time something causes them to re-enable all the windows update services, things from blockers, to changing networked to metered, this has gone to far, I have lost 2 operating systems full of data to windows murdering my RAID 0 setup, it's time Microsoft listens to the community and allowed for opting out of system updates, cause I'm not even going to download windows again if this fails.

submitted by /u/Shadowpoky
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shadowpoky, Nov 24, 2019
  2. samsingla Win User

Insider Preview Opt out permanently

I am on build 10565, and I want to permanently opt out of Insider preview builds.

Under Advanced update options, if I click on Stop Insider Preview builds. it gives me a pop-up window. There is a link inside the window to 'Stop receiving Insider Preview builds' which redirects to here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/stop-receiving-builds

This page advises the user to go to advanced options and click on Stop Insider preview. Stuck in loop here. Can someone please help?

Also, is there a way to go back to 10240 from 10565?

samsingla, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Is there any way to turn off Win10 updates PERMANENTLY?

I have taken several steps to attempt to permanently disable Win10 Updates.... but every attempt seems to fail.

To date I have

• told Windows I want to manually approve any updates.
    • turned off windows updates.
    • DELETED Win10 Update assistant (only to have it show back up again)
    • DISABLED Win10 Upddates in Task scheduler. (Only to have it re-enable itself.)
    • DELETED Win10 Updates in Task Scheduler. (Only to have it show back up again)
    The only thing I haven't done is revert back to Win8 which seemed to be a far more stable OS.

Win10 keeps telling me that I need an 8g "security update" and that I need to free up space on my C: drive ..... something I am not willing to do. I have put up with this for the last 3 months.... is there really any way to PERMANENTLY disable / delete
    / say "NO!!!!!!!!!" to Win10 Updates?

Thanks in advance for your helpful responses. Trolls.... yeah well, I know you're out there.... you're just as easily ignored.

BethelAbba, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Any way to permanently opt out of windows updates?

permanent opt-out of Windows 10

It sounds like you've already taken the right steps so far. I would use the built-in Windows "Disk Cleanup" tool. When you run it, click the
    clean up system files option and let it re-scan, then select and clear out any pending Windows installation/setup files in the list. This should remove the Windows 10 notice from your Windows Update screen after a reboot.

When you do a re-scan for updates, the KB update might be listed again, so right-click and "Hide Update" so it's not offered or pulled down, and then that should be the end of it.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Any way to permanently opt out of windows updates?

1. Any way to permanently opt out of windows updates? - Similar Threads - permanently opt updates

2. Opt-out of upcoming Whiteboard update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Opt-out of upcoming Whiteboard update?: I'm sure the new version will meet a ton of people's needs. I'm just not one of them. I use Whiteboard for notetaking, and the last update just really did not work for me and I was kind of devastated. I was so happy when the previous version returned. Being able to share my...
  3. Opt-out of upcoming Whiteboard update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opt-out of upcoming Whiteboard update?: I'm sure the new version will meet a ton of people's needs. I'm just not one of them. I use Whiteboard for notetaking, and the last update just really did not work for me and I was kind of devastated. I was so happy when the previous version returned. Being able to share my...
  4. Opt-out of upcoming Whiteboard update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Opt out windows insider

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opt out windows insider: I've been trying to opt out for a while, with the checkbox enabled. I'm on version Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds 19592 I received an email saying the build will expire on July 31, 2020, does that mean I'll be pushed back to the stable release after this date? submitted...
  6. Any way to permanently disable Windows Defender?

Any way to permanently disable Windows Defender?: I've tried disabling it in settings, but it always turns itself back on after a few hours or after rebooting the computer. I've seen people online proposing .BAT files that supposedly permanently disable it, but this didn't work for me and it wound up turning itself back on...
  7. Is there any way to permanently disable windows defender after the last update?

Is there any way to permanently disable windows defender after the last update?: Since I last updated my pc (in May) I tried to disable windows defender with the registry editor, bur every time I turn off my computer it removes the changes made and turns windows defender back on. There is a new way to disable it? Also, I can't change the policy settings...
  8. windows 10 opt out of updates

windows 10 opt out of updates: how can I opt out of Windows 10 updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-opt-out-of-updates/26db61f5-13f8-4868-b940-53d84a4e2d6f
  9. Opt out of windows insider?!?!

Opt out of windows insider?!?!: I have never been a windows insider and have never opted in. I just installed an update and I noticed some wired settings which lead me to find out that I am in the insider program. I have never opted in. Im sure Microsoft did this without asking me to steal my telemetry...
  10. Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox: How to: Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox How to Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox [img] Information SHIELD studies let you try out different features and ideas before they are released to all Firefox users. Using your feedback, Mozilla can...