Windows 10: Any way to prevent UWP apps from suspending on lost focus?

Discus and support Any way to prevent UWP apps from suspending on lost focus? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to play minecraft W10 with friends but when it's fullscreen and i alt-tab or windowed and minimized the game basically closes and gets the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nddragoon, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Any way to prevent UWP apps from suspending on lost focus?

I'm trying to play minecraft W10 with friends but when it's fullscreen and i alt-tab or windowed and minimized the game basically closes and gets the little green leaf in task manager and when i alt-tab back it disconnects me from the server. Any way to stop it from getting suspended? "let apps run in the background" is enabled and so is minecraft itself

submitted by /u/nddragoon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nddragoon, Oct 9, 2020

2. Apps Suspending due to UWP while using them

Hello, as the title describes, Windows 10 is suspending applications while I am actively using them. This also happens while I try to launch some applications, meaning I have to manually resume the process for them in the Resource Monitor app to just access
    them.

The problem started happening ever since the mid-April Windows update was forcefully installed without my consent while I was using my PC (this is a different issue yet completely outrageous). This seemed to have added a UWP tag to those applications mentioned
    above, making them suspend randomly without reason.

Is there any way to un-set the UWP for applications, or perhaps a way to configure which apps I do not want to have suspended?

HyperionIXHL, Oct 9, 2020
  3. UWP App Suspension in Task Manager

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You might see the green leaf with suspended state beside the Minecraft app/program. However, the Green leaf shown beside any process is normal. The green leaf lets you know that the process is ready to use but is in suspended state.

This allows the computer to consume less RAM without affecting the performance of the processes. In other words, Windows puts the applications/processes in Ready state or blocks them from being executed by the processor until requested
    by user.

In this scenario we would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the app and check.

1. Press Windows + I key to Launch
      Windows Settings

2. Click Apps and select Apps & features from the left pane
    3. Scroll and select Minecraft and select Uninstall.
    4. Restart the PC and then reinstall from Microsoft Store.

Please refer this article for additional information:
    The Lifecycle of a UWP App

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 9, 2020
  4. DeLaguna Win User

Any way to prevent UWP apps from suspending on lost focus?

Suspended apps on task manager

Good day,

I am Florentino Windows 10 Expert, user, and Independent advisor. I have built/troubleshot/tutored on Custom Windows Computers for over a decade, and I am happy to help you.

Modern UWP (metro) apps are suspended by a svchost process that controls UWP app power states. Also, you can manually do this in the Resource Monitor yourself for any process thought you may not get the desired outcome if the program isn't programmed for that
    functionality. Generally, this is done to save system resources, like energy and CPU usage. The UWP apps are coded to allow this, that's why you don't see traditional Win32 programs going into a suspended state.

you should be able to unsuspend in the resource monitor.

Press the Windows key and type "Resource Monitor"

Select it out of the results.

Then click on overview. look for the process you want to unsuspend

right-click.

Choose Resume. If the process is able to resume it will. If it needs to be in a suspended state or is unresponsive it will stay suspended.

If you continue to have this problem and the program isn't acting right I suggest you contact the program developer using their help or tech support.

I hope this is helpful. Have a great day! Any way to prevent UWP apps from suspending on lost focus? :)

Sincerely,

Florentino

DeLaguna, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Any way to prevent UWP apps from suspending on lost focus?

1. Any way to prevent UWP apps from suspending on lost focus? - Similar Threads - prevent UWP apps

2. Is there any way to prevent the UWP process group from suspending Armory Crate while I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to prevent the UWP process group from suspending Armory Crate while I am...: The UWP process group keeps suspending Armory Crate while I am trying to use it, which means I can't really change any of the settings controlled by Armory Crate such as how well my GPU works, and when I am trying to play some games they have very low FPS because the graphics...
  3. Is there any way to prevent the UWP process group from suspending Armory Crate while I am...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to prevent the UWP process group from suspending Armory Crate while I am...: The UWP process group keeps suspending Armory Crate while I am trying to use it, which means I can't really change any of the settings controlled by Armory Crate such as how well my GPU works, and when I am trying to play some games they have very low FPS because the graphics...
  4. Is there any way to prevent the UWP process group from suspending Armory Crate while I am...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. UWP Suspending Processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP Suspending Processes: Why in Windows 11 in Task Manager am I getting the pause symbol and the message “This UWP process is suspending processes to improve system performance” next to 6 or 7 processes and apps all the time including apps I’m currently using....
  6. UWP Suspending Processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP Suspending Processes: Why in Windows 11 in Task Manager am I getting the pause symbol and the message “This UWP process is suspending processes to improve system performance” next to 6 or 7 processes and apps all the time including apps I’m currently using....
  7. UWP suspending processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UWP suspending processes: Task Manager : Green Leaf Icon : "This UWP process group is suspending processes to improve system performance".This is the current problem. I require some tools to run for longer times or easiest of all a windows search over say 10,000+ files. After a few minutes UWP...
  8. How to prevent any window from stealing focus from the active one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent any window from stealing focus from the active one?: Is there an easy, foolproof way to prevent ANY applications from stealing focus from the active window in Windows 10? submitted by /u/madonnaragu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzriz7/how_to_prevent_any_window_from_stealing_focus/
  9. Apps Suspending due to UWP while using them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps Suspending due to UWP while using them: Hello, as the title describes, Windows 10 is suspending applications while I am actively using them. This also happens while I try to launch some applications, meaning I have to manually resume the process for them in the Resource Monitor app to just access them. The...
  10. Is there a way to disable the "UWP app is suspended" option?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable the "UWP app is suspended" option?: When I play Minecraft and go into a different Window, Minecraft usually gets disconnected from the internet, which if I'm playing online, that's a problem. Is the UWP suspension what's causing this to happen? If so, how do I turn it off? submitted by /u/DabbingCats2005...