Windows 10: Any way to reassign a drive in the line up? Used to be #0

Discus and support Any way to reassign a drive in the line up? Used to be #0 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So here is the scenario.... My new rig has given me hell since I got it from hardware issues to software issues... most of it's all cleared up now so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RAMWolff, May 28, 2019.

1. RAMWolff Win User

Any way to reassign a drive in the line up? Used to be #0

So here is the scenario....

My new rig has given me hell since I got it from hardware issues to software issues... most of it's all cleared up now so I'm thankful for that and many thanks to all the nice folks here for your help in getting there. *Smile

Now the rig came with a 16 mb M.2 SSD that's mounted directly onto the motherboard. It's position in the drive line up was #0. Now I've replaced it with a 1 Terabyte M.2 drive but it's now listed as drive #4. I'd like to get it returned to being drive #0. Is there a way to go about doing that?

I have purchased the software to move my Windows 10 installation over to it and like most of my past installations Windows was always on drive #0 so getting this last bit fixed, if there is a fix, is the final step until the big Migration.

Thanks so much
    Richard

:)

RAMWolff, May 28, 2019
  2. Anna Bon Win User

Reassign shorcut

Let us perform some other process. You can reassign some keys to access different commands, shortcuts, or Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center features to better fit your work style.

Please note that the options listed in this wizard vary depending on the key selected. For example, since you cannot reassign the Windows key, the only option available is to disable it. To reassign a key, please follow the steps below:

• Using the keyboard that you want to configure, start Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.
    • From the displayed list of key names, select the key you want to reassign.
    • In the command list of the key that you want to reassign, select a command.

Let us know the outcome of the steps provided.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, May 28, 2019
  3. Drive Letters, will they be overwritten or reassigned?

if you want to assign new letters to the new drives and keep you current drive letters assigned like they are now i suggest you take a screenshot of pc so you can manually reassign the various drive letters. i have the following saved in a folder on my backup drive called post os install. hope this helps.

Any way to reassign a drive in the line up?  Used to be #0 [​IMG]

fyi after fixing the drive letter assignments i hide the drive letters so everything lines up numerically and alphabetically

xXWhacerXx, May 28, 2019
  4. mrje1 Win User

Drive Letters, will they be overwritten or reassigned?

Thank you for your help and assistance xXWhacerXx! If you can clarify this first, because I believe I saw a warning on this that by changing the drive letter can ruin other things that are mapped to it. I would like to not change the drive letters once they are assigned, but if you are not having any problems I guess that could be something that I saw wrong.

Also, do you think that having the drive letters as explained before and plugging in the other ones that had the same drive letter will overwrite the new ones or change them automatically?

mrje1, May 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Any way to reassign a drive in the line up? Used to be #0 - Similar Threads - reassign drive line

2. Any way to free up space on my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any way to free up space on my C Drive?: Hello, I have had my system for quite some time now roughly 5-6 years, starting as a pre-built and upgrading it to where the only thing that has stayed the same throughout, is the C drive and the case. After stupidly only using my C drive for everything for a good chunk of...
  3. Any way to free up space on my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to free up space on my C Drive?: Hello, I have had my system for quite some time now roughly 5-6 years, starting as a pre-built and upgrading it to where the only thing that has stayed the same throughout, is the C drive and the case. After stupidly only using my C drive for everything for a good chunk of...
  4. Any way to free up space on my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Any way to turn a headphone out into a line out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to turn a headphone out into a line out?: Is there any way for me to disable the headphone amp on the audio out jack and just have it be a line output with a fixed volume? Anything above 30% volume is way too loud and will blow the speakers on my hifi amplifier, on my previous set of speakers I had the hifi amp set...
  6. Any way to turn a headphone out into a line out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to turn a headphone out into a line out?: Is there any way for me to disable the headphone amp on the audio out jack and just have it be a line output with a fixed volume? Anything above 30% volume is way too loud and will blow the speakers on my hifi amplifier, on my previous set of speakers I had the hifi amp set...
  7. line 0 error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    line 0 error: Dear Microsoft community .I'm glad to show you my concerning issue about line o error keeping shows on my screen every time i restart my windows It shows like : Line 0 ( C:/User/moham/mDEFRONFLNxo6mo/AXYHc'): Error opening this file . I'v...
  8. Is there any way to get graph lines in Fresh Paint?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to get graph lines in Fresh Paint?: I would like to have graph paper in Fresh Paint to create a design. Is that possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-get-graph-lines-in-fresh-paint/dc6b9ed9-a73a-4bb2-9456-72810bcf43a6
  9. Win 10 mixes up hard drives and reassigns drive letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 mixes up hard drives and reassigns drive letters: Got a problem using shared data disks with windows 10. Win10 insists on reassigning drive letters for my hard drives, I started off with : a 1 Tb drive as C: a 2Tb drive split into 2 volumes drives D: and E:, a further 1Tb drive as drive F:, a DVD drive as drive G:...
  10. Drive Letters, will they be overwritten or reassigned?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive Letters, will they be overwritten or reassigned?: Hey Everyone, Good day to all of you! I bought 2 new 3tb WD My Books that I will getting next week. First, the two that I have currently have a Drive letter of E and F. I am doing a wipe and a clean install of Windows 10 pro x64 once I get the new drives. After the wipe...