Windows 10: Any Way To Remove Linux From An Older PC & Replace With Windows?

Discus and support Any Way To Remove Linux From An Older PC & Replace With Windows? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I already have Win 10 on this Laptop but thought I might give Linux a shot on an older laptop, just to try it out. Turns out it's not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10user1023, May 19, 2019.

1. Any Way To Remove Linux From An Older PC & Replace With Windows?

Hello Everyone,

I already have Win 10 on this Laptop but thought I might give Linux a shot on an older laptop, just to try it out. Turns out it's not my cup of tea. Is there some way I can prep the older laptop by formatting the drive or deleting the Linux, so that I might consider installing a Win OS on it? Or am I just out of luck?

My apologies if this is not something a Windows expert can resolve.

Thanks to all in advance

:)

win10user1023, May 19, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, May 19, 2019
  3. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-bueno-search/

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, May 19, 2019
  4. xfire Win User

Any Way To Remove Linux From An Older PC & Replace With Windows?

remove linux and reinstall vista ultimate

Ubuntu=Live CD->7 installation steps where partitioning is done automaticall.
    Windows= Many steps+ selecting the drive to instal to.

and the part where you said you should never make linux your sole OS angered me.
    Also, you can install windows over linux and then put grub back to make it dual boot. Just use gparted to resize the drive. Then install windows on the new partition. Use super grub disk to restore grub.

xfire, May 19, 2019
Thema:

Any Way To Remove Linux From An Older PC & Replace With Windows?

1. Any Way To Remove Linux From An Older PC & Replace With Windows? - Similar Threads - Remove Linux Older

2. Replace Linux with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replace Linux with Windows 10: I inherited a Lenovo laptop with Linux EndevourOS on it. I think it had Windows on it previously, but don't have a Windows 10 disk for it. How can I get Windows 10 on it?. It's the OS I prefer. Is Windows 10 free at this point? I'm on a budget and am looking for a good deal....
  3. Replace Linux with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace Linux with Windows 10: I inherited a Lenovo laptop with Linux EndevourOS on it. I think it had Windows on it previously, but don't have a Windows 10 disk for it. How can I get Windows 10 on it?. It's the OS I prefer. Is Windows 10 free at this point? I'm on a budget and am looking for a good deal....
  4. Replacing n windows with Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing n windows with Linux: I had enough of windows 11 every f updates just get the file explorer slower. Microsoft doesn't even know what they are doing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-n-windows-with-linux/ba8ad27b-6cb8-49c8-b65b-618e9849bc49
  5. Replacing **** windows with Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacing **** windows with Linux: I had enough of windows 11 very **** updates just get the file explorer slower. Microsoft doesn't even know what they are doing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-windows-with-linux/ba8ad27b-6cb8-49c8-b65b-618e9849bc49
  6. Any way to remove these from start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to remove these from start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MindOfErick [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le9nta/any_way_to_remove_these_from_start_menu/
  7. Replacing Linux with Windows 10

Replacing Linux with Windows 10: Maybe an obscure or stupid question, but I had been running Ubuntu on my NVMe SSD since I bought it, and recently wiped it to install Windows 10. Everything is working perfectly, but I wanted to know if anything from Linux could have been left on my SSD or in BIOS? (grub...
  8. Replacing Linux with Windows 10

Replacing Linux with Windows 10: Maybe an obscure or stupid question, but I had been running Ubuntu on my NVMe SSD since I bought it, and recently wiped it to install Windows 10. Everything is working perfectly, but I wanted to know if anything from Linux could have been left on my SSD or in BIOS? (grub...
  9. Any Way To Remove Linux From An Older PC & Replace With Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Any Way To Remove Linux From An Older PC & Replace With Windows?: Hello Everyone, I already have Win 10 on this Laptop but thought I might give Linux a shot on an older laptop, just to try it out. Turns out it's not my cup of tea. Is there some way I can prep the older laptop by formatting the drive or deleting the Linux, so that I might...
  10. Any way to improve compatibility with older drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any way to improve compatibility with older drivers?: Hello. I have formatted an old Vista laptop yesterday and although everything seemed to work just fine (Installed w10 x64 due to ram being 4GB) the sound didn't work at all even if Windows Update installed its correct driver and everything looked fine. The sound card is...