Windows 10: Any way to remove the volume pop-up without disabling media controls?

Discus and support Any way to remove the volume pop-up without disabling media controls? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I disable this volume pop-up without disabling the media key handling?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by isy.772, May 16, 2021.

1. isy.772 Win User

Any way to remove the volume pop-up without disabling media controls?

How do I disable this volume pop-up without disabling the media key handling?

:)

isy.772, May 16, 2021

2. Disabling the volume control banner on PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to remove the volume control banner on your PC.

This issue started after the latest version of Chrome was released. However, we can disable the banner by changing some settings in Chrome browser. Kindly follow the steps below to fix the issue.

1. Open Google Chrome.
    2. Now type in the following command on the address bar:

chrome://flags/#hardware-media-key-handling
    3. Under Hardware Media Key Handling select the drop down to
      Disabled
    4. Restart Chrome

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 17, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Is there a way to disable per app volume control?

Mine works okay with one or two muted.

Any way to remove the volume pop-up without disabling media controls? [​IMG]

Edwin, May 17, 2021
  4. Any way to remove the volume pop-up without disabling media controls?

Is there a way to disable per app volume control?

Good day all, I'm running Windows 10 and I'm wondering if there is a way to disable per app volume control, or in lieu of that locking certain apps to the main system volume?

Any way to remove the volume pop-up without disabling media controls? [​IMG]

As you can see in the picture each program I have has its own volume setting. This would be OK except Chrome constantly gets left softer than my other programs so I constantly have to open the volume mixer and set it to the correct level. I'm hoping there's a way to disable this.

Thanks for your time.

hishighness420, May 17, 2021
Thema:

Any way to remove the volume pop-up without disabling media controls?

1. Any way to remove the volume pop-up without disabling media controls? - Similar Threads - remove volume pop

2. How to remove the big volume pop-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the big volume pop-up: There is a big pop-up box beside the volume bar when running a music player program for example foorbar2000. When playing music, it shows the name of the song and the artist. When not playing any music, it just shows the name of the program. [ATTACH] I’ve already searched...
  3. Media Volume Control Pop-up Missing

Media Volume Control Pop-up Missing: Hi, Every once in a while my media pop-up goes missing, and subsequently when I press play/pause/next track/previous track/etc, nothing happens and I need to open media players such as Spotify and press buttons in the respective windows to control the media playback....
  4. Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay?: Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay that pops up when I turn volume knob on my media keyboard? It is driving me nuts, just pops up there and cock blocks me from doing what I want for 20 seconds. submitted by /u/Ikkepop [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 media volume control pop-up

Windows 10 media volume control pop-up: Hello, i have a question for the integrated in windows media volume control pop-up. Most of the time i use spotify to listen to music and have my browser opened up almost always. When i'm playing a game i want to press my play function button on the keyboard to start playing...
  6. any way to override the master volume control?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    any way to override the master volume control?: My master volume control slider slides back to zero each time is it pushed upward. I believe this is a hardware issue. Nevertheless, i am asking this question in desperation whether there is a way to deliver audio output with volume. I tried a usb audio controller and even...
  7. Is there any way to shrink or move the media key pop up?

Is there any way to shrink or move the media key pop up?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lucellent [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j03rdx/is_there_any_way_to_shrink_or_move_the_media_key/
  8. Cannot remove volume pop up

Cannot remove volume pop up: I restarted my computer recently and suddenly an expanded volume pop up has started to show up. Before only the volume bar appeared, not the gigantic chrome.exe thing too. [ATTACH] I tried looking how to fix the issue and get rid of it, but almost all of the solutions...
  9. Any way to disable a controller button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to disable a controller button?: I have a USB connected controller. There is one button on the controller that is faulty and switches itself on when I'm not expecting it. I would like to find a way to disable this particular button. I can see the specific button when I'm in Windows USB game controller...
  10. Is there a way to disable per app volume control?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to disable per app volume control?: Good day all, I'm running Windows 10 and I'm wondering if there is a way to disable per app volume control, or in lieu of that locking certain apps to the main system volume? [img] As you can see in the picture each program I have has its own volume setting. This would...