Windows 10: Any way to rename the "File folder" type?

Discus and support Any way to rename the "File folder" type? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to organize files by type but have shortcuts and folders on top. I was able to rename the Shortcut file type to .shortcut with the help of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MetalTxus, Oct 31, 2019.

1. MetalTxus Win User

Any way to rename the "File folder" type?

I want to organize files by type but have shortcuts and folders on top.
    I was able to rename the Shortcut file type to .shortcut with the help of the Types app, which puts it on top, but I'm unable to rename the "File folder" type. Any way to change this type too? Or any other alternative to properly use groups?

Any way to rename the "File folder" type? a11LSn6.png

:)

MetalTxus, Oct 31, 2019

2. files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Renaming local files and folders issue

Hi,

To further assist you with renaming local files and folders, we suggest for you to check this

link
    and see the steps which has the marked as answer.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Any way to rename the "File folder" type?

Unable to create a new folder or rename a folder

Hi Edver,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I'll certainly help you with this.

I would like to let you know that you may not be able to rename or add a new folder from Quick access. It will allow you to open the folders that are frequently used, recently viewed files or the files/folders that are added to
    Quick access.

If you are unable to create or rename files/folders in other folders as well, then I would suggest you to run a SFC scan.

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc /scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Any way to rename the "File folder" type?

1. Any way to rename the "File folder" type? - Similar Threads - rename File folder

2. Best way to rename home folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Best way to rename home folder: I did a reset of windows 10. All went ok at first. My home folder is "MyName".Unfortunately, system crashed and it could not be repaired so I did a restore. The restore picked up at the windows 10 installation and was asking for country, keyboard, etc, just like a new...
  3. Best way to rename home folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best way to rename home folder: I did a reset of windows 10. All went ok at first. My home folder is "MyName".Unfortunately, system crashed and it could not be repaired so I did a restore. The restore picked up at the windows 10 installation and was asking for country, keyboard, etc, just like a new...
  4. Any way to rename files in numerical order, without parentheses?

Any way to rename files in numerical order, without parentheses?: I have a folder full of photos and screenshots 300 files and I want to rename each file in this folder in numerical order like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 till it reaches the last file called 300. Is there any way to do such thing without having to manually type each number for each file?...
  5. Is there a quick way to rename all files within a folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a quick way to rename all files within a folder?: Is there a quick way to rename files within a folder? In my situation, all of the files have a date, that I update quarterly. Currently, I painstakingly select F2, End, and then rename the part of the date portion. So for example, if the folder had 12 files consisting of...
  6. Is there any way to sort files any way I want in a folder?

Is there any way to sort files any way I want in a folder?: Any way to do this or am I limited to only date, size, and type? submitted by /u/greatbuy99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjf5e8/is_there_any_way_to_sort_files_any_way_i_want_in/
  7. Is there any way to rename a user folder?

Is there any way to rename a user folder?: I got a new laptop recently and was wondering if there was any not-super-complex way I could rename my user folder to my full name instead of the first 5 letters of my name without losing data. The old laptop I used (also windows 10) had a User folder with my full name so I'm...
  8. Is there a way to batch rename files?

Is there a way to batch rename files?: I have a file with pictures formatted as "A-B-C" and need to change all the dashes to underscore such as "A_B_C". Is there a way to do this as a batch in the folder somehow? submitted by /u/gingernuts13 [link] [comments]...
  9. Any way to rename a bunch of audio files from the content.

Any way to rename a bunch of audio files from the content.: I downloaded a bunch of voice lines from a character in a game and only about 1/6 of them are named and there's about 500. They all just have the voice and nothing else, so are there any apps or in built functions in windows 10 which listen to the audio file and rename it on...
  10. Rename file folder

Rename file folder: When I am trying to rename a number of files. I can do one and then for the next ones the program says the file is in use and cannot be changed. It is not in use anywhere. In order to rename, I have to close right out of File Explorer and then go back in and rename one file...