Windows 10: Any way to set up alternating lock screen backgrounds per time of day?

Discus and support Any way to set up alternating lock screen backgrounds per time of day? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello I just have a simple question; I'd like to set up my PC so that my computers lock screen background will alternate every 12 hours between two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SpicyMeiyuu, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Any way to set up alternating lock screen backgrounds per time of day?

Hello I just have a simple question; I'd like to set up my PC so that my computers lock screen background will alternate every 12 hours between two separate photos, one daytime themed and one nighttime themed. Is there an easy way to do this?

submitted by /u/SpicyMeiyuu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SpicyMeiyuu, Mar 29, 2020
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Lock Screen Background

Hi Jean,

It's possible that you are updating the wrong configuration setting. The
    Background
    setting under Windows Settings > Personalization will update the background picture that will be shown on your desktop where icons are placed. Meanwhile, the
    Lock screen setting will update the background picture that will be shown when you are logging in to your device.

To update your Lock scren setting, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    2. Type in Lock screen settings in the search bar and press
      Enter
    3. Under Background, make sure the it is set to Picture.
    4. Click the Browse button.
    5. Locate the picture that you want to set as lock screen background and click
      Choose picture

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Ferdz Amp, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Any way to set up alternating lock screen backgrounds per time of day?

lock screen background

My lock screen background is not updating even on windows spotlight mode and is stuck on the same background from the last days. This problem occurred sometime ago also, so at that time i changed the settings from windows spotlight to pictures mode, then
    again to windows spotlight after some days then it worked properly for some time, changing backgrounds on regular intervals, but from last ten days it is displaying the same problem once again. It is idle and not updating, i have checked every setting option
    but can't find a solution. If someone could suggest a solution it would be great help. Thank you

ShantanuSinha1, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Any way to set up alternating lock screen backgrounds per time of day?

1. Any way to set up alternating lock screen backgrounds per time of day? - Similar Threads - set alternating lock

2. BSOD several times per day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD several times per day: I was a happy owner of Surface Laptop 4, and it started over a year ago with random BSOD once a month. Now it comes to several BSODs per day :-I think it started progressing after upgrading to Windows 11, but I'm unsure.I'm not doing anything special on this laptop, mostly...
  3. BSOD several times per day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD several times per day: I was a happy owner of Surface Laptop 4, and it started over a year ago with random BSOD once a month. Now it comes to several BSODs per day :-I think it started progressing after upgrading to Windows 11, but I'm unsure.I'm not doing anything special on this laptop, mostly...
  4. BSoD Multiple Times Per Day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD Multiple Times Per Day: My computer has crashed 10 times since the morning of the 18th. I believe them to have begun around the time I installed the game Battlefront 2 2017. Three of the crashed occurred while I was playing the game all three at the exact same point; while searching for a match. Two...
  5. Personalization Settings for Background and Windows lock screen change every day

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalization Settings for Background and Windows lock screen change every day: Since the latest update, on one computer the settings for Background and Lock screen will change every day to picture. I reset them to windows spotlight and slide show, but the next day shortly after boot up, they revert to picture. How can I keep the settings locked to my...
  6. Is there a way for slideshow backgrounds to show at different times of day?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way for slideshow backgrounds to show at different times of day?: So i have a slideshow with 48 images for chaning every 30 minutes for a total of 24 hours or a day, and i noticed it just starts on the first image when you turn on your PC. So i was wondering if there was a way to time them to specific times of the day? submitted by...
  7. maximum gaming time per day

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    maximum gaming time per day: I wish to limit the maximun gaming time on each PC in my family, during a 24 hrs. time period, for instance a max. of 25 minutes a day and no more, no matter whether in the morning or during the evenings hours. Any suggestion? PC operating system: windows 10....
  8. Is there a way to set the timing of the Lock Screen slide show interval?

Is there a way to set the timing of the Lock Screen slide show interval?: Is there a way to set the timing of the Lock Screen slide show interval to change photos every 24 hours? When I personalized the Background, I was given a choice for when I wanted the photos to change (from 1 minute up to 1 day). I'm looking for the same feature for the...
  9. Server Restarting Several Times per day.

Server Restarting Several Times per day.: I have a Windows Server 2016 that is restarting a couple of times per day. Critical Event Viewer Page below. Any insight would be apprecaited. -<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider...
  10. Lock Screen and Background settings

Lock Screen and Background settings: Can someone explain why my pictures on my Lock Screen and Background randomly change to Album Art picture I never even browsed. I reset to the pictures I want and within an hour they are changed out again. Then tell me how I can stop it from happening....