Windows 10: Any way to set Windows 10 Dpi below 100%?

Discus and support Any way to set Windows 10 Dpi below 100%? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Any way to set Windows 10 Dpi below 100%? Im talking about version1809 so old methods where working for this are not working anynmore here in this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aboid, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Aboid Win User

Any way to set Windows 10 Dpi below 100%?

Any way to set Windows 10 Dpi below 100%? Im talking about version1809 so old methods where working for this are not working anynmore here in this version, if anyones knows how to do this even with 3rd party application plish tell me, thanks.

-

:)

Aboid, Dec 12, 2018
  2. SampXK Win User

DPI Settings

Yesterday I realised that Windows recommend to have the DPI settings at 125%

I know that they have changed the whole DPI system in the creators update, but I wonder if there is an article that explain why the setting 125% and not 100% is recommended?

SampXK, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Dual monitors with different DPI settings do not give correct scaling

An issue with DPI scaling arises when using two different scaling factors. The screen with the lower DPI display is fuzzy/blurred (most easily seen in text).

Hardware and settings

These are the hardware and settings involved:

• 1x primary 3840x2160 27" monitor with DPI scaling set to 150% (because regular text is unreadable at 27").
    • 1x secondary 1920x1080 24" monitor with DPI scaling set to 100%, displaying blurry text and images at these settings.
    Workarounds

When I use the same DPI scaling on both monitors the display shows correctly. This gives two undesirable workarounds:

• Setting 100% DPI scale on the UHD screen fixes display, but makes text unreadably small on this monitor.
    • Setting 150% DPI scale on the HD screen fixes display, but makes text so large I barely have any screen space left on this monitor.
    Is there per chance a better solution to this problem? Is this a Windows bug or am I using DPI scaling in the wrong way?

EDIT: Here's the system info from dxdiag just in case.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 11/14/2015, 13:09:59

Machine name: -

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1_st1.151104-1714)

Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)

System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.

System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.

BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/09/14 21:30:44 Ver: 04.06.05

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8112MB RAM

Page File: 5936MB used, 3454MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Enabled

Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

DxDiag Version: 10.00.10240.16384 64bit Unicode

Herman Groenenboom, Dec 12, 2018
  4. 阿譽 Win User

Tray icon is blurred when I switch user with different DPI

Hi everyone,

I develop application in windows 10 build 10586(newest version), and I find a problem.

Suppose I have two user accounts:

• session 1 (account user1), DPI: 125%
    • session 2 (account user2), DPI: 100%
    When I do theses steps, tray icon would be blurred...

• Launch program in user1 session, tray icon looks like clear on the bottom right corner。
    • Switch to another user (user2)。
    • Stitch back to the user1。
    • tray icon is blurred。
    • operate the application, tray icon is normal as long as it's updated。
    Does anyone encounter this issue? It would be no problem if both DPI are 100%, maybe OS use wrong icon to scale into 125%。

Thanks for your answer.

阿譽, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Any way to set Windows 10 Dpi below 100%? - Similar Threads - set Dpi below

2. Windows 10 scaling below 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 scaling below 100%: I know there isn't any setting to change in control panel, but it must work with some registry keys I suppose? Did anyone made it work? Or if there is some other solution that imitates the result... Changing desktop icon size is easy, but everything else besides window...
  3. Is there any way to fix it? (More in comment below)

Is there any way to fix it? (More in comment below): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/smaartscz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqx74l/is_there_any_way_to_fix_it_more_in_comment_below/
  4. Reduce the windows 10 scaling below 100%

Reduce the windows 10 scaling below 100%: I have a Surface Pro 5 attached to 32" 1080p display. My goal is increase the amount displayed on the screen using a method of "zooming out". On Android, there is a method of achieving this by changing the DPI. Windows is said to have this capability using Reg. Keys...
  5. Any way to disable mouse DPI button?

Any way to disable mouse DPI button?: I have a simple mouse with side buttons and a DPI button, it's pretty new but seems to be working strange, can't return it. RMB sometimes triggers the dpi button for some reason, and you've guessed it, the mouse starts getting ultra fast and it's annoying. It doesn't have a...
  6. DPI Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    DPI Settings: Yesterday I realised that Windows recommend to have the DPI settings at 125% I know that they have changed the whole DPI system in the creators update, but I wonder if there is an article that explain why the setting 125% and not 100% is recommended?...
  7. Lower DPI settings than 100% (96DPI) ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lower DPI settings than 100% (96DPI) ?: Hi is it possible to set lower DPI than default 100% ? I want something like 90-80%, but cant figure how to set it via registry. Tried tutorials for W7 with LogPixels set, but its always set back (and strange, i have set 100%, and Hkey_Current_Config/Software/fonts/logpixels...
  8. A way to set different DPI settings for various apps?

in Windows 10 Support
    A way to set different DPI settings for various apps?: Just wondering if this is possible, I mainly keep my computer hooked up to my TV and my scaling is set to 125%, generally this is fine for everything, however there are some apps (particularly, Readily, from the windows store) that could be at 150% or so. Is there a way to...
  9. any way to fix windows 10 desktop bottom row bug without dpi change?

in Windows 10 Support
    any way to fix windows 10 desktop bottom row bug without dpi change?: as the title says, ever since windows 10 i am not able to place items on my bottom row of my desktop. its very annoying and the only way to work around this is a dpi change, but not messing with dpi causes other issues with windows, and the new chrome update is now a issue....
  10. DPI Settings Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    DPI Settings Not Working: We just got our first Surface Pro 4 tablet in. I'm working on testing it now. For the moment, I have it docked and connected to two 19" monitors. The desktop is extended across all 3 screens. I have the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" settings as follows:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scaling below 100% windows 10

2. windows 10 dpi below 100