Windows 10: Any way to sort landscape and portrait photos in file explorer ?

Discus and support Any way to sort landscape and portrait photos in file explorer ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there any way to sort landscape and portrait photos in file explorer ? There are sorting options like width , height and dimensions but it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by [sa14n8] :, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Any way to sort landscape and portrait photos in file explorer ?

Is there any way to sort landscape and portrait photos in file explorer ?

There are sorting options like width , height and dimensions but it doesn't work as expected shows both landscape and portrait images,

however i want either landscape or portrait pictures only .

:)

[sa14n8] :, Sep 6, 2020
  2. cereberus Win User

Sorting with File Explorer.

I tried the method that was complicated (3rd option) but fell over in second step as I could not find any "apply to folder button"'.

However, the simple put *.* in search bar, then sort results windows by date does the trick. It is slightly cumbersome as I have to do that each time I am selecting files (to upload to sharepoint) but a lot less hassle than I was having to scroll up and down between sorted file block and sorted folder block.

Many thanks.

M.

cereberus, Sep 6, 2020
  3. tomp54321 Win User
    N95 Landscape / Portrait

When I open spreadsheets it is easier to read them in landscape mode. The only way I have found to do this is by sliding the phone down to open the media stuff, 'Exit' then go into menu etc to open document. Is there an easy way to toggle between landscape
    and portrait modes?

tomp54321, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Tobinschm Win User

Any way to sort landscape and portrait photos in file explorer ?

Individual photos in my files are all defaulted to landscape now (even if they are formated as a portrait)

thanks, will try that.

but the big problem remains that 1000's of my photos are portrait format, but now are landscape. And also the desktop slide show displays them all as landscapes as well...

Tobinschm, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Any way to sort landscape and portrait photos in file explorer ?

1. Any way to sort landscape and portrait photos in file explorer ? - Similar Threads - sort landscape portrait

2. As it is now 2023 and Photos is still automatically rotating portraits to landscapes, I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    As it is now 2023 and Photos is still automatically rotating portraits to landscapes, I...: Is Microsoft planning to fix the Photos app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/as-it-is-now-2023-and-photos-is-still/a8bc1660-d753-4465-a4f6-2b8d7952f069
  3. As it is now 2023 and Photos is still automatically rotating portraits to landscapes, I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    As it is now 2023 and Photos is still automatically rotating portraits to landscapes, I...: Is Microsoft planning to fix the Photos app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/as-it-is-now-2023-and-photos-is-still/a8bc1660-d753-4465-a4f6-2b8d7952f069
  4. Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files to landscape

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files to landscape: Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW filesLately whenever I open a raw file CR2 in Photos it flips it from portrait to landscape and I can't flip it back. It I try to use the rotate feature, it says this can't be applied to RAW files. I've reset the app, uninstalled it etc...
  5. Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files to landscape

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files to landscape: Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW filesLately whenever I open a raw file CR2 in Photos it flips it from portrait to landscape and I can't flip it back. It I try to use the rotate feature, it says this can't be applied to RAW files. I've reset the app, uninstalled it etc...
  6. Microsoft Photo roates portrait images to landscape

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photo roates portrait images to landscape: I'm running Windows 10 and it keeps auto rotating images captured in portrait orientation to landscape orientation. I'm then looking at a sideways image. Images are in raw arw format. I have tried to "reset" , "repair" and uninstall and install Photo app but still does not...
  7. Is there any way to sort files any way I want in a folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to sort files any way I want in a folder?: Any way to do this or am I limited to only date, size, and type? submitted by /u/greatbuy99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjf5e8/is_there_any_way_to_sort_files_any_way_i_want_in/
  8. Any way to sort files with dates in the name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any way to sort files with dates in the name?: I have a folder of Georges Braque's works, all of them JPG images with their titles formatted "Title-Year of creation-Painting medium". I want to sort these paintings by their year, but the year is in the middle of the title, not the front. The dates are all four digit years...
  9. Microsoft Photo App auto rotating raw image files from portrait to landscape

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photo App auto rotating raw image files from portrait to landscape: Since the latest update of the Photo App (2019.19021.18010.0) raw image files which are originally in portrait format are automatically rotated to landscape view and the manual rotation is disabled. This only applies to raw images and not to formats such as .jpg or .png. The...
  10. is there a way to default file explore to sorting by date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is there a way to default file explore to sorting by date: When I download a file and go to email I would like the files to be organized by date (todays date) is that possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-default-file-explore-to-sorting/10b9d017-9323-44df-8fcb-6d5d1e49da16"