Windows 10: Any Way to Stop Update Automatic Restarts?

Discus and support Any Way to Stop Update Automatic Restarts? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 2004 I've done quite a bit of research into this and modified various items using gpedit, services.msc, etc., but I can't get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by br4, Oct 19, 2020.

1. BR4
    br4 Win User

Any Way to Stop Update Automatic Restarts?

Windows 10 version 2004

I've done quite a bit of research into this and modified various items using gpedit, services.msc, etc., but I can't get the automatic restarts to stop. Now, I don't even get the notification.

Can anyone tell me how to stop this from happening?

Thanks for any info.

:)

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 19, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Any Way to Stop Update Automatic Restarts? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Any Way to Stop Update Automatic Restarts?

Automatic Updates

They are installed automatically if that is the way you have Automatic Updates set.

I have AU set as download them, but let me choose when to install.

Is that what you meant when you said they are installed automatically?

As to your question Lillebror, I searched for a way to start the Automatic Updates, but really wasn't successful.

OnePostWonder, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Any Way to Stop Update Automatic Restarts?

1. Any Way to Stop Update Automatic Restarts? - Similar Threads - Stop Update Automatic

2. Is there any way, to stop this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any way, to stop this?: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10.I've noticed, lately. If you look, at the picture.I'm not sure where those arrows, are coming from?They're only on top, of a JPEG files.Not links. Or, anything else. In my, pictures folder.I have hundreds, of JPEG files. And...
  3. Is there any way, to stop this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way, to stop this?: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10.I've noticed, lately. If you look, at the picture.I'm not sure where those arrows, are coming from?They're only on top, of a JPEG files.Not links. Or, anything else. In my, pictures folder.I have hundreds, of JPEG files. And...
  4. Is there any way, to stop this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stop automatic restart after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop automatic restart after windows update: I am running windows server 2019 datacenter edition. How can I stop my servers being restarted automatically after windows update based on active hours setting. Is there any way to stop or change this behavior...
  6. Stop automatic restart after windows update

Stop automatic restart after windows update: I am running windows server 2019 datacenter edition. How can I stop my servers being restarted automatically after windows update based on active hours setting. Is there any way to stop or change this behavior...
  7. How to stop automatic restart for update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop automatic restart for update: Recently I was not using my laptop for a while and when I returned I found it had restarted. In that weird way though where the lock screen changes to the default. When I log in unsaved files had been closed which is stupid. There was no update in Windows update history which...
  8. How to stop automatic restart for update

How to stop automatic restart for update: Recently I was not using my laptop for a while and when I returned I found it had restarted. In that weird way though where the lock screen changes to the default. When I log in unsaved files had been closed which is stupid. There was no update in Windows update history which...
  9. Is there any way to prevent automatic driver updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there any way to prevent automatic driver updates?: Hey, is there any way to prevent automatic driver updates in Windows 10, except disconnecting internet? But than, after you enable it, still other drivers/software components install automatically and prompt from mouse drivers keeps popping up from time to time, i don't want...
  10. Any way to stop update alerts?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to stop update alerts?: I'm using windows 10 Pro and have done the group policy edit but i still get annoying alerts in the lower right hand corner about updates. 55711