Windows 10: Any way to truly disable updates?

Discus and support Any way to truly disable updates? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have followed so many sets of instructions for completely disabling Windows updates. None of them work. Always, some day I wake up to a bricked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/feltire, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Any way to truly disable updates?

I have followed so many sets of instructions for completely disabling Windows updates. None of them work. Always, some day I wake up to a bricked computer. About 50% of automatic updates result in a login loop which I’ve spent 10 hours with support trying to solve and they always just end up telling me to restore the update.

Windows 10 never adds anything useful, I don’t want any updates ever again. I want them completely, permanently, irrevocably disabled. The way my machine works now is FINE, I need NO changes!!!

And you know what, I don’t give two shits about security. If my entire system gets compromised and I have to reinstall the OS from scratch and start over SO BE IT. That is still SO MANY FUCKING TIMES less effort than I have already expended dealing with unwanted, uninvited, inopportune, intrusive updates that don’t ever fix any problems but ALWAYS bring new ones.

Please. Help me

submitted by /u/feltire
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/feltire, Oct 29, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Any way to truly disable updates? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    How to disable the touchpad.

Hi Ralph,

There are a lot of factors for this issue to occur. To
    isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occur?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If it is a tablet, the touchpad will not be disabled as a design. For more accurate information, we suggest that
    you contact your manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how
    everything goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 29, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Any way to truly disable updates?

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Any way to truly disable updates?

1. Any way to truly disable updates? - Similar Threads - truly disable updates

2. Is there any way to disable dx12 or d3d12?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to disable dx12 or d3d12?: Ive been trying to play Titanic Honor and Glory but it keeps saying "DX12 is not supported on your system. Try running without the -dx12 or -d3d12 command line argument.". I use a Windows 10....
  3. Is there any way to disable dx12 or d3d12?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to disable dx12 or d3d12?: Ive been trying to play Titanic Honor and Glory but it keeps saying "DX12 is not supported on your system. Try running without the -dx12 or -d3d12 command line argument.". I use a Windows 10....
  4. Any way to disable how Shift overrides/disables the NumLock?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to disable how Shift overrides/disables the NumLock?: Hi all, as the title says, is there any way to prevent the Shift key from temporary disabling the NumLock key? I found many questions on the internet regarding that, mostly from gamers, but no solutions. I found an old topic here which gave the exact opposite of the solution,...
  5. Is there any way to disable Windows update notifcations?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to disable Windows update notifcations?: I can't update Windows because I get an error every time I try. Something about the battery power being low. Is there a way to keep from getting notifications about it? submitted by /u/BIGxBOSSxx1 [link] [comments]...
  6. Any way to disable taskbar tooltips?

Any way to disable taskbar tooltips?: Hi, whenever I'm working, taskbar tooltips get in my way if I happen to hover the mouse over the taskbar for a millisecond. It occurs because the software I'm using has buttons I use frequently at the bottom i.e. just above the taskbar. It's quite annoying. Take a look at...
  7. Is there any possible way to disable windows 10 updater?

Is there any possible way to disable windows 10 updater?: Alright, so every single god damn day now, ( this has been going on for the past 6 months ) I need to wait 2 hours daily when powering on my laptop, for the installing updates screen then it will fail, and say undoing changes etc. I am looking for a proper solution to fix...
  8. W10 Auto Updates: Any Truly Simple Method For Permanently disabling ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Auto Updates: Any Truly Simple Method For Permanently disabling ?: Hi, Is there any way of cancelling all W10 auto updating, permanently ? The party who has a W10 pc is totally non-technical, so it would have to be something Extremely Simple and straightforward. I'm not in their area. No Registry modifications, etc. Foolproof to do, and...
  9. W10 Auto Updates: Any Truly Simple Method For Permanently disabling ?

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Auto Updates: Any Truly Simple Method For Permanently disabling ?: Hi, Is there any way of cancelling all W10 auto updating, permanently ? The party who has a W10 pc is totally non-technical, so it would have to be something Extremely Simple and straightforward. I'm not in their area. No Registry modifications, etc. Foolproof to do, and...
  10. Any way to disable a controller button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to disable a controller button?: I have a USB connected controller. There is one button on the controller that is faulty and switches itself on when I'm not expecting it. I would like to find a way to disable this particular button. I can see the specific button when I'm in Windows USB game controller...