Windows 10: Any way to use only Windows 10 display adapter driver and NOT AMD?

Discus and support Any way to use only Windows 10 display adapter driver and NOT AMD? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I noticed the other day when I uninstalled my display adapter driver, the Radeon HD8210, my text (fonts) was much sharper, not blurry. I'm the one that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Probe, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Probe Win User

Any way to use only Windows 10 display adapter driver and NOT AMD?

I noticed the other day when I uninstalled my display adapter driver, the Radeon HD8210, my text (fonts) was much sharper, not blurry. I'm the one that commented about the fonts being so blurry on my laptop a few months back. Now I see it is because of the AMD display driver. So, I tried updating the AMD driver only because I lost use of the brightness control. To make a long story short, AMD's website suggested a "scan" of my drivers and they would recommend a newer driver. So I did the scan and it suggested downloading the new Radeon Crimson Control panel along with a newer driver.
    After a long time waiting for it to download and install, it caused numerous lock-ups or freezes on the computer. What ever it did, was so bad I couldn't even do a system "Reset" and I couldn't use the "Project" to another screen anymore. So now I'm having to do a complete format and re-install Win 10.
    My question and hope is, that I can adjust the brightness, while only using the Windows default display driver. Brightness goes to full bright and I can't lower it. Any thoughts on if this can be done, maybe even a 3rd party software to control the brightness so I can stay with Windows display driver?

:)

Probe, Nov 2, 2016
  2. lmhjcr Win User

Missing brightness Icon in the windows 10 action center.

I have tried the suggestions listed as well with no luck. There is no slider showing like they show in the link at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

and I have no light icon in the notifications section of windows 10 either.

I have even tried changing the display adapter driver to the Microsoft Basic Display Display Adapter and then checking for updates to that as well as the installed display adapter which is also Nvidia.

Why isn't there any way to simply adjust the brightness or to get that icon or slider on our computers? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Is this option only available on laptops and those with desktops can no longer adjust the brightness
    or is this an issue with those that have upgraded to windows 10?

lmhjcr, Nov 2, 2016
  3. Frustrating problem: nVidia installer cannot continue the graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware

This did not work for me because I had deleted the old Nvidia drivers thinking that maybe they were causing a conflict. Also, just by the way, the Device Manager does not show ANY display adapter. I can get to the display adapter screen by going to advanced
    properties on display settings, but that does not help. Thus, I still have the same problem. Cannot install the Nvidia drivers because windows 10 can't find the display adapter.

Humpty Dumpy, Nov 2, 2016
  4. Any way to use only Windows 10 display adapter driver and NOT AMD?

a. have you tried adjusting the ClearType settings?
    b. have you contacted HP for info on which driver they recommend?

BugMeister, Nov 7, 2016
  5. You didn't mention the model number of your HP laptop, but if you Upgraded it to Win10 from a prior OS, there is a very strong likelihood that there are NO HP Win10 drivers for it -- and if that is the case, then you have serious problems because, with a laptop like yours, with dual graphics chips, the ONLY video drivers that work properly are the ones from the OEM -- and if HP does not have them, they you are stuck permanently with the display problems.

My suggestion is to post your concerns on the HP forums: Home - HP Support Forum

Good Luck

Mark Phelps, Nov 10, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    Delete the AMD drivers and software then use the link for legacy drivers in Brinks post and choose the legacy driver for your system (32 or 64).Latest AMD Catalyst Graphics Driver for Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums I had to do this with a acer laptop that kept freezing when using the updated drivers. I don't know if this will allow you to use dual graphics. You may also be able to find a working driver by updating the driver in Device Manager and choosing Manually Install a driver - Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer. If this doesn't work than I guess it's up to AMD to make a working driver.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Any way to use only Windows 10 display adapter driver and NOT AMD?

1. Any way to use only Windows 10 display adapter driver and NOT AMD? - Similar Threads - display adapter driver

2. Any way I can use my Intel display driver instead of Microsoft basic display adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way I can use my Intel display driver instead of Microsoft basic display adapter?: Recently I tried updating my Intel driver when I did it said,'Windows encountered a problem installing this driver' something related to thisI have tried going to settings -> update and security but there isn't any update regarding Intel drivers.I don't want to use Microsoft...
  3. Any way I can use my Intel display driver instead of Microsoft basic display adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way I can use my Intel display driver instead of Microsoft basic display adapter?: Recently I tried updating my Intel driver when I did it said,'Windows encountered a problem installing this driver' something related to thisI have tried going to settings -> update and security but there isn't any update regarding Intel drivers.I don't want to use Microsoft...
  4. Any way I can use my Intel display driver instead of Microsoft basic display adapter?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is there any way to get display without capturing mouse using IDD Indirect display driver??

Is there any way to get display without capturing mouse using IDD Indirect display driver??: Hello.I am now using IDD. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/display/indirect-display-driver-model-overviewAnd I found I can't get display data without capturing mouse. Is there any way not capturing mouse? Or please let me know another driver instead...
  6. display adapter drivers

display adapter drivers: I had encountered issue of screen flickering , I went through trouble shooting process in that it had shown that to delete display adapter driver and restart. I tried that process screen flickering has stopped but the courser size is increased and also task bar size is...
  7. Display Adapter Drivers

Display Adapter Drivers: So I was wondering why my screen all of a sudden was pixelated in random areas and there were black lines going across the screen. I disabled the GPU driver and it did not have the issue anymore. But then I cannot play my Mordhau game without it because it says "DX11 feature...
  8. AMD Display Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AMD Display Driver: Hello Lovely Community, I faced a problem today, I saw a new update in the Settings it was an update about AMD Driver, I accepted the update, the update didn't go well, and the pc got hanged, so I had to restart the pc, when I logged in the desktop, my AMD display...
  9. Can only use "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" as my graphics driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can only use "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" as my graphics driver: Hi, I'm having a really annoying issue where the only working driver I can use is the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". Every single other driver I have tried will all cause me to experience BSOD and the error message "Display Driver Has Stopped Responding". The issue...
  10. Any way to STARTUP/boot Windows 10 with ONLY GENERIC drivers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Any way to STARTUP/boot Windows 10 with ONLY GENERIC drivers?: many have run into Windows 10 "upgrades" that install bad device drivers that cause system to hang on reboot/boot. Is there a way, perhaps command line, to attempt to boot the system with 'basic drivers' only, in order to step around the IED..... ??? 48541