Windows 10: Any Way to when you open search bar instead of opening search it runs a hotkey?

Discus and support Any Way to when you open search bar instead of opening search it runs a hotkey? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; title says it all really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BumbzThe Bee, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Any Way to when you open search bar instead of opening search it runs a hotkey?

title says it all really

:)

BumbzThe Bee, Jan 9, 2022
  2. duckvenom Win User

Cortana/search bar not opening

I'm unsure how to bring up the command prompt without the search. I do not see the CMD option in complete list and of course the search bar is what we're troubleshooting.

duckvenom, Jan 9, 2022
  3. How to clear the search record at the search bar on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience happened. We are glad to help you.

Please share this:

• Which search bar are you referring to?

• Is it the search bar in file explorer or the search bar on desktop (cortana and search)?
    If you are referring to the search bar in file explorer, I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps:
    (to delete a specific entry)

• Open File Explorer.

• Click/tap inside the Search box, then select (highlight) the search suggestion (ex:
      ttt) that you want to delete, and press the Delete key.

• You will not notice that it has been deleted.

• Repeat if you would like to delete another one.

To clear all search entries, follow this:

• Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, then
      run it.

Clear_Search_History_in_File_Explorer.bat

2. If prompted, click/tap on Run.

NOTE: If you like, you can stop getting the Run prompt by
    unblocking

the downloaded .bat file

3. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close while applying the changes to your registry.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jan 9, 2022
  4. Any Way to when you open search bar instead of opening search it runs a hotkey?

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 9, 2022
Thema:

Any Way to when you open search bar instead of opening search it runs a hotkey?

1. Any Way to when you open search bar instead of opening search it runs a hotkey? - Similar Threads - open search bar

2. Any Way to when you open search bar instead of opening search it runs a hotkey?

in Cortana
    Any Way to when you open search bar instead of opening search it runs a hotkey?: title says it all really https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-way-to-when-you-open-search-bar-instead-of/b161b6d5-a222-4f8a-8550-3096d950558f
  3. Any Way to when you open search bar instead of opening search it runs a hotkey?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any Way to when you open search bar instead of opening search it runs a hotkey?: title says it all really https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-way-to-when-you-open-search-bar-instead-of/b161b6d5-a222-4f8a-8550-3096d950558f
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar Opening Bing Instead of Programs

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar Opening Bing Instead of Programs: Hello! For a long time now, to open applications which I commonly use I've used the search bar. It's very quick and easy - but recently it's stopped working. For example, when I want to launch HyperV I'd simply hit the Windows key on my keyboard then type in 'hyperv' and hit...
  5. Windows 10 Search Bar Opening Bing Instead of Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Bar Opening Bing Instead of Programs: Hello! For a long time now, to open applications which I commonly use I've used the search bar. It's very quick and easy - but recently it's stopped working. For example, when I want to launch HyperV I'd simply hit the Windows key on my keyboard then type in 'hyperv' and hit...
  6. Windows 10 Search Bar Opening Bing Instead of Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Search bar not opening

in Cortana
    Search bar not opening: I'm on the most recent version of windows 10 and whenever I use a shortcut that requires the windows key or I click on the search bar it automatically closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-not-opening/691960a6-7d27-430d-9734-04a8ac06414f
  8. The Search Bar wont open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Search Bar wont open: My search bar wont open and every time I click on the little icon the SearchApp open on the TaskManager for like 3 seconds and then closes. Help pls I've done the Troubleshoot and many other things and nothing. submitted by /u/xdRyu [link] [comments]...
  9. Open PDFs in Chrome when searching in windows search bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open PDFs in Chrome when searching in windows search bar.: When I search for a pdf in the windows search bar and click it, it opens the PDF in Microsoft edge instead of chrome. I have chrome as my default browser and chrome as the default app by file type already. How can I get the file to open in chrome? submitted by...
  10. Cortana search bar in not open

in Cortana
    Cortana search bar in not open: How can I turn on the Cortana search bar? I can talk to ask Cortana a question but I cannot type the question. The search bar is accessible. The microphone is visible....