Windows 10: Any Windows 10 build after initial 1803 breaks DTS Interactive

Discus and support Any Windows 10 build after initial 1803 breaks DTS Interactive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, so this is the issue, I've seen it alot while I was searching but I thought I could put it in words with what I'm experiencing. For the past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LuisFernandez Serrano1, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Any Windows 10 build after initial 1803 breaks DTS Interactive

Hi guys, so this is the issue, I've seen it alot while I was searching but I thought I could put it in words with what I'm experiencing. For the past few years, I've been using Optical on from my onboard device, using DTS Interactive to get 5.1ch audio directly from a home theatre which works great.

Now every single time I seem to want to update to the most recent build DTS Interactive always seems to disappear and I'm stuck having to use stereo audio even on optical. Because of that I always have to roll back my version and especially yesterday I almost wasn't able to (I alway use system restore but they seem to turn it off on default in 1809).

Why exactly a feature that's been working for years on end now suddenly getting disabled? I've tried reinstalling drivers, etc. Any solution that is always repeated over and over in other topics but nothing ever works unless I roll back. How am I supposed to keep updated with Windows 10 at the risk of losing a feature I need?

:)

LuisFernandez Serrano1, Feb 23, 2019
  2. felipaopl Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Wait, but have you done the whole step-by-step guide described in the OP? DDL/DTS isn't supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 either, unless if you do the steps listed there.

felipaopl, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 23, 2019
  4. dvojinov Win User

Any Windows 10 build after initial 1803 breaks DTS Interactive

do you have asus board ? did you care to check my page ?

all right I checkd your specifications your mobo and audio setup is :

• Realtek ALC889 codec
    • High Definition Audio
    • 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
    • Support for Dolby® Home Theater
    • Support for S/PDIF Out
    That doesn't necessary mean Dolby Digital Live ..if by any chance you have Dolby Digital Live and want to go with it you should use your manufacturers drives , however if this DHT is one of the Software solutions DAX 1 , 2 or whatever and you dont have DOlby Digital Live 5.1 surround to select that means only native DOLBY and DTS are sported as pass-through once such contest is detected but you wont gain all time 5.1 as you miss Dolby Digital LIve or DTS Interactive (gaming , music videos that are not Dolby or DTS ) in this case check my page :

SimpleSite.com

read the instructions carefully EXPLORE THE PAGE and follow them step by step and it may be that you end up with full DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live on your board , as it is GIABYTE you have great chances ..ASUS unfortunately has issues with DTS interactive ongoing more then 6 months now and I start to believe that ASUS lost DTS Interactive licence and is drooped out of the game or they have issue that they are not aware off .

dvojinov, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Any Windows 10 build after initial 1803 breaks DTS Interactive

1. Any Windows 10 build after initial 1803 breaks DTS Interactive - Similar Threads - build initial 1803

2. interactive service support removed for Windows 10 Version 1803

in Windows 10 Customization
    interactive service support removed for Windows 10 Version 1803: Hi team, I read somewhere on microsoft links that microsoft has stopped support for interactive service support for windows 10 1803 and higher version. My question is, as we have to run some UI test cases which needs to set NoInteractiveServices to 0, which will runs...
  3. windows 10 build 1803

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 build 1803: Hello and to Whom it may Concern: My name is John Apostoli, right now I am trying to connect two very moderen up to date windows 10 build 1803 and can NOT share a folder. Both are connected to the same router and both are on ethernet. I have done EVERY thing I can think...
  4. DTS Audio issue Windows 10 Pro - V 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DTS Audio issue Windows 10 Pro - V 1803: Hi there ... I have a problem with DTS 5.1 files. I use the headset by Optical I can't hear the sound but when change the headset from "Optical" to "Audio Jack" I can hear it but without surround. My headset: Astro A40 2013. Motherboard: Msi gaming m5 z370. I tried to...
  5. Windows 10 Build 1803/1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Build 1803/1809: My Music folder contains many mp3's, edited using Audacity tags. I started listing these such that the Name column in File Explorer (FE) subsequently displays for example: "She Loves You_The Beatles", as that was how I saved the Audacity edit to my Music folder. Another 6...
  6. Windows 10 1803 Latest Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1803 Latest Build: Hi There: Where can i download the latest Media Creation Tool for the above subject? Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1803-latest-build/afdaba25-9abb-46e0-8585-7249496bfb46
  7. Windows 10 1803 Latest Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1803 Latest Build: Hi There: Where can i download the latest Media Creation Tool for the above subject? Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-1803-latest-build/79e0b9e7-3d13-4b6c-8454-4b653df9805b
  8. Windows 10 - 1803 build?!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - 1803 build?!: last time I totally avoid the 1709 because it was a disaster by any means so my question now is how bugged windows 10 - 1803 build it is? I should wait for the next build or is safe to install the 1803 build ?! thanks...
  9. DTS Interactive (5.1 Surround) still not working on new build 10586

DTS Interactive (5.1 Surround) still not working on new build 10586: Hello, I have just downloaded and installed the new Windows 10 build, and cannot get 5.1 surround sound to work. Before this update I was unable to play the test tone for DTS Interactive. I now can play the test tone, but only 2 of my speakers actually play their...
  10. Reporting Sound Glitch for DD Live and DTS Interact

Reporting Sound Glitch for DD Live and DTS Interact: Dolby Digital Live and DTS interactive no longer work on Windows 10. If this isn't fixed VERY soon I will downgrade and go back to windows 8.1 until this is resolved. That is all. 9834