Windows 10: Any Windows initiated shutdown/restart results in failure to POST

Discus and support Any Windows initiated shutdown/restart results in failure to POST in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm don't organize my thoughts well, so please bear with me. Issue began, I THINK, with a Windows update a few months ago. Any Windows initiated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MR Easy Guns, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Any Windows initiated shutdown/restart results in failure to POST

I'm don't organize my thoughts well, so please bear with me.

Issue began, I THINK, with a Windows update a few months ago.

Any Windows initiated shutdown/restart results in failure to post with the exception of the shutdown option in the start menu. Restart results in failure to post. Shutdown from CMD prompt results in failure to post. Fast startup is deselected in power options. Keyboard backlight, fans, and other laptop LEDs turn on, but I get no display, no splash screen. If I hold the power button to shut off at that point, it will boot normally. If I hold the power button to shut down from within Windows, it'll boot normally. As said, if I select shutdown in the start menu, it'll shut down and boot normally (I'm wondering if fast startup is truly turned off for this reason, even though the option is off - maybe the shutdown isn't giving me a true shutdown).

I ignored the problem for a couple months, but did a fresh Windows install last night and the issue persists. I don't know for sure that it's not a hardware problem, but it only has a problem on a windows initiated shutdown, so I'm not convinced its not Windows. Laptop is still under warranty so it won't be a problem to send it in other than losing my machine for 6-8 weeks for repair. I'd like to rule out software before I go that route.

Asus ROG Strix Scar II (GL704GV)

Any help would be sincerely appreciated

:)

MR Easy Guns, Oct 1, 2019
  2. little cat, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Restart and Shutdown failure

Thank you. I have, in fact, done one of the things you suggested after I posted the issue. I discovered a couple of new Windows 10 updates that had not downloaded and then I installed them. My problem seems to have gone away! I had traced my failure to
    the date of the last Windows 10 update and was preparing to remove that update. But the newest update for x64 machines seems to solve the problem. I haven't thoroughly tested it yet, but I have done a couple of successful Shutdowns and Restarts without the
    failures I've had for a week. Thanks again.

Me again. After further testing, I still have the same problems with Restart and Shutdown/restart. I'm back to using Sleep all the time and having to sometimes cold-boot 2-3 times in a row to get WINDOWS 10 to start correctly. Have done a total system Reset
    already and re-installed Windows 10 and installed all the updates. Looks like I'm just screwed.

OldTimer68, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Any Windows initiated shutdown/restart results in failure to POST

Windows 10 Restart and Shutdown failure

This OldTimer also seems to be screwed. I'm experiencing the same problem for several months now. At least I'm not alone in the boat.

LyndelOsborne, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Any Windows initiated shutdown/restart results in failure to POST

1. Any Windows initiated shutdown/restart results in failure to POST - Similar Threads - initiated shutdown restart

2. Sign-in process initialization failure.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sign-in process initialization failure.: I recently have purchased and built a new gaming PC abd have only owned it for a few days now. It is a MSI B550 motherboard that has a Windows 10 OSWithout key.When I powered it on today, I was greeted with the message "Sign in process initialization failure." It will not...
  3. MemoryDiagnostics-Results Failure

MemoryDiagnostics-Results Failure: I have issues with my Windows 10 PC crashing unexpectedly. I ran the MemoryDiagnostics scan and it appeared to run, detecting no errors but when my system re-booted, there were no results displayed in the event log. I repeated the process with the same result- test ran,...
  4. Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart: my pc crashes every time i try to shut it down. It shows BSoD and says driver power state failure. I have no idea what is causing this issue and have tried all the power management solutions that i found on the internet. So pls help me solve this issue....
  5. Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart: my pc crashes every time i try to shut it down. It shows BSoD and says driver power state failure. I have no idea what is causing this issue and have tried all the power management solutions that i found on the internet. So pls help me solve this issue....
  6. Macro : Initial become Result

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Macro : Initial become Result: INITIALResult A3201A320132023203 A3202A3216 A3203B321832203226 A3216B32353239 B3218C324032763282 B3220D328332843287 B3226D328832893297 B3235D3424 B3239 C3240 C3276 C3282Dear, Please i need a Macro , D3283Column A, B : Initial D3284with Macro become as Result D3287...
  7. Windows is initiating shutdown while gaming

Windows is initiating shutdown while gaming: For the past two weeks I've been getting random shutdowns while playing POE Path of Exile. Sometimes during intense mapping situations, other times while chilling and vendoring stuff. Note: The PC doesn't just turn off. Instead I get the blue Windows is Shutting Down Screen....
  8. Driver Power State Failure on restart, shutdown, sleep

Driver Power State Failure on restart, shutdown, sleep: Hello Windows Ten support, Ever since I upgraded from Windows 10 Pro v1809 to v1903 I receive a BSOD Driver Power State Failure when I restart, shutdown or sleep. My computer attempts to shutdown and after about 5-10 minutes I receive the BSOD. This problem did not happen in...
  9. driver power state failure upon restarting or shutdown!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    driver power state failure upon restarting or shutdown!: My computer starts to lag, So I try to shut down or restart and then it doesn't and simply instead gives blue screen of death with error written: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. no other error code. Even after completing at 100% the blue screen still remains for ours and never...
  10. Post MoBo Upgrade Windows Issues - Cannot Restart/Shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Post MoBo Upgrade Windows Issues - Cannot Restart/Shutdown: Good evening everyone, Been a long time lurker of the 8 and 10 forums, was a member of the 7 forums back in the day. Anyway, I have me a fun little problem that is making me lose hair and I am hopeful someone here can help. I had a Gigabyte motherboard that died and was...