Windows 10: Any word on a beta yet...???

Discus and support Any word on a beta yet...??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Inquiring minds wanna know.:wideyed: 1554 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rickkins, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Rickkins Win User

Any word on a beta yet...???

Inquiring minds wanna know.:wideyed:

:)

Rickkins, Apr 15, 2014
  2. J.J.O. Win User

160 Character limit for txt messages on HTC Arrive?

Bump.

Updated to 7712 mango beta 2. Still not fixed.

Anyone have any word on this?

J.J.O., Apr 15, 2014
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    Any word on a fix for Nokia Photo Transfer for Mac?

ricker666, there

If you subscribe to that thread, you are notified by email when the situation changes.

Abi99 (2), Apr 15, 2014
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

Sorry no Beta DP (Developer Preview), and no word as of yet. . .:bigtears:

5. Rickkins Win User
    I am so very interested in seeing a beta of 9. Getting more and more frustrated with 8 each passing day.

Rickkins, Apr 18, 2014
  6. LittleJay Win User
    Just curious, but what makes you think that you'll like Windows 9 more than 8? I suspect 9 is going to incorporate many of the same features as 8.

LittleJay, Apr 18, 2014
  7. Rickkins Win User
    I suspect that 9 will offer a clear choice, standard desktop environment, or metro. Not really sure if I can endure another round of the nonsense that surrounds 8. Life is just too short to be spending so much time railing against changes to an OS. If they insist on continuing to try to force metro on users, then I will force myself to learn linux, and simply never look back.(while I still have enough remaining gray matter to do so)

I mean, how hard could it be...???(yea yea, I know... along with what could go wrong; famous last words...)

Rickkins, Apr 18, 2014
  8. LittleJay Win User

Sounds good to me and hopefully Microsoft will see things the same way.

What do have against Windows 7? If I hated Windows 8 as much as you I would have stayed with 7, until I saw what 9 looks like.

LittleJay, Apr 18, 2014
  9. Rickkins Win User
    I find it very hard to resist "upgrading".... even when I know better... although vishta was an exception, avoided that like the plague.

Plus, there was something about 8 being better suited for my Amd Fx-8150 cpu, though I have no idea whether this was true or not...

Rickkins, Apr 18, 2014
  10. LittleJay Win User
    I have both 7 and 8 installed on separate SSD's in my system, but work mostly with 8 nowadays. With the addition of Classic Shell I can't really tell much of a difference between the two. With 8, Defender is integrated into the OS and I don't feel the need to install a separate AV, which is nice. Windows 8 also is more responsive in almost all aspects and has a smaller footprint on my SSD than 7, even with the same programs installed on each. The desktop purists hate the fact that the start menu is not integrated into 8, but I personally don't have any problem with installing something like Classic Shell. I guess its all a matter of "to each his own".

LittleJay, Apr 18, 2014
  11. Rickkins Win User
    Well yea, I use Classic Shell too, of course, have done so right from the start.
    It's the principle for which I advocate...

Rickkins, Apr 18, 2014
  12. LittleJay Win User
    A fair number of people agree with you and that's fine. But what I don't get is trashing Windows 8 as a viable OS, just because it doesn't have the old start menu. Like I mentioned before, Windows 8 works well for me and I have found it to be very stable, even more so than Windows 7.

LittleJay, Apr 18, 2014
  13. Rickkins Win User

A quick check of oft repeated nuance would tell you that I do not hate 8, but rather tifkam.

Rickkins, Apr 18, 2014
  14. LittleJay Win User
    Would you mind explaining what you mean by tifkam, as I am unfamiliar with the expression. Thanks

LittleJay, Apr 18, 2014
  15. Rickkins Win User
    "The Interface Formerly Known As Metro"
    And I suppose, to be fair, most of my pontificating has been done over on 8 forums, so ya nay not have been aware of the nuance.

Rickkins, Apr 18, 2014
Thema:

1. Any word on a beta yet...??? - Similar Threads - word beta yet

2. Yet Another Request For Word Document Default Window Size

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Yet Another Request For Word Document Default Window Size: Currently have W10 version 2004 Build 19041.388 installed and Word version 2007 Build 13029.20344 as part of our (now named) Microsoft 365 suite. Many posts have described solutions to opening Word documents in a specific window size, but none have remedied this problem for...
  3. Cannot open Word nor any Word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open Word nor any Word documents: Trying to open Word Microsoft 10 or any Word document, Pop-up says Office is updating. Then error message that reads "The application was unable to start correctly. 0xc0000142 Click ok to close transaction. Cannot access Word or any word document. Help!...
  4. Is there any way to disable triple buffering on dwm.exe yet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to disable triple buffering on dwm.exe yet?: This has been an absolute nightmare for me since I got off of Windows 7, and I know that you can't disable DWM.exe, but can you turn off the triple buffering aspect of it? I have a G-SYNC monitor, so I don't need the syncing from DWM. submitted by /u/ChipsAhoiMcCoy [link]...
  5. Any possibility of a macro for word-keys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any possibility of a macro for word-keys?: Basically looking for a way to set up all my F keys so each one is a different word. Not sure if this is even possible so I thought this would be the best place to ask. Thanks guys! submitted by /u/yekungfu [link] [comments]...
  6. Xbox (Beta) Can't download any games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox (Beta) Can't download any games: I have an issue where I can't download/install any games from the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Account that I have. I only came right with Sea Of Thieves but any other game I'm getting directly Error Code: 0x8007005. I tried multiple solutions but nothing is working. Any...
  7. Powerpoint and Word AI anybody tried it yet

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Powerpoint and Word AI anybody tried it yet: Hi folks just wondered if anybody has tried the AI features available for Powerpoint and Word yet. Seems IMO to be a good idea as I often see poorly presented Powerpoint stuff with the demonstrator just showing slides and reading the comments at the side -- which is a waste...
  8. Is there any extension for microsoft edge as of yet.

in Browsers and Email
    Is there any extension for microsoft edge as of yet.: Hi, Is there any extensions on edge browser. As of yet and does anyone know when there will be some come available. Thanks 28272
  9. Any word on App Connector?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any word on App Connector?: It's one of the preinstalled WinRT apps on W10. Can't figure out exactly what it does. There's an app with similar name in the Windows Store, but I think it's meant for finding public transit or something. There's also applications for connecting to Windows Server, but not...
  10. Any word on Media Center?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any word on Media Center?: I heard rumor that Media Center was not going to be made available for Windows 10, but there apparently is not official word. Has anyone heard anything? If it doesn't have Media Center, then it will be no use to us at all. 3860