Windows 10: Anybody else find it annoying how Windows puts a (1) in the timer or alarm name even if...

Discus and support Anybody else find it annoying how Windows puts a (1) in the timer or alarm name even if... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/yayoshorti [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yayoshorti, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Anybody else find it annoying how Windows puts a (1) in the timer or alarm name even if...

/u/yayoshorti, Feb 13, 2023

2. Alarms and Clock app not working in Windows 10

Certain features of the Alarms and Clock app are not working in Windows 10.

The main reason I use this app is for the Timer, which currently is not working.

• I cannot create a new timer.
    • I cannot remove the default timer that is there when the app is first run.
    • I cannot edit the default timer

I have read the " Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store" article and tried the following steps.

• Checking for updates.
    • Resetting the app.
    • Running the app troubleshooter

None of this has fixed the issue I am facing. The Alarm function of this app is also showing the exact same issues.

Please advise.

JimmyOrevich, Feb 13, 2023
  3. harrymc Win User
    How to disable the alarm sound in the default Windows 10 timer app

I have taken a look at the "Alarm & Clock" app in Windows 10,
    and my opinion of its quality is basically unprintable.

There exist an enormous number of available free alarm applications,
    one of whom will surely meet your needs.

See for example these articles for lists of such products and their merits :

Best Free Timer and Alarm Clock

Five Best Windows Timer Applications

harrymc, Feb 13, 2023
  4. JTIMBURR Win User

Anybody else find it annoying how Windows puts a (1) in the timer or alarm name even if...

Alarm clock / timer

Sometimes the alarm on my timer/alarm clock sounds--and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone know why?

JTIMBURR, Feb 13, 2023
Thema:

Anybody else find it annoying how Windows puts a (1) in the timer or alarm name even if...

1. Anybody else find it annoying how Windows puts a (1) in the timer or alarm name even if... - Similar Threads - Anybody else find

2. Alarm and Timer does not sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alarm and Timer does not sound.: Focus assistant is turned off. All other media can be played with sound. I have seen many posts about the same problem but from 5-6 years ago and they did not work, so I'm wondering if I can get a tip for Windows 10 now. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/calicomaria...
  3. Alarms & Clock annoyance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alarms & Clock annoyance: I have reminder alarms set for 10:30 AM and PM every day. That part works as it should. But when I click on the alarm notification symbol and am given a choice to dismiss, clicking on that stops the sound but also brings up the alarm screen. Is there any way to keep that...
  4. SCHEDULED Pop Up Countdown Timer - Alarm AND Countdown & SECOND Alarm

SCHEDULED Pop Up Countdown Timer - Alarm AND Countdown & SECOND Alarm: ***NOT LOOKING FOR ORDINARY COUNTDOWN TIMER!!** I'm looking for a countdown timer that I can SCHEDULE at set times during the week/day and have it pop up up and give an alarm, AND countdown for a the number of minutes I set and do a SECOND ALARM. I want both alarms to be...
  5. Anybody else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Anybody else have this issue?: As I just added my last file and renamed it, other different files renamed themselves the same adding a 2, 3, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anybody-else-have-this-issue/7670e915-9e05-4a0d-b637-37549a82636f"
  6. TImers in "Alarms & Clock" Stopped Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TImers in "Alarms & Clock" Stopped Working: I have 8 timers in "Alarms & Clock", and 1 I can't reset the 15" one. 2. none of them are working. [ATTACH] Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timers-in-alarms-clock-stopped-working/c874e32f-0a3a-4681-869a-3676ea9c6328
  7. Windows 10 Clock's timer and alarm functions are broken

Windows 10 Clock's timer and alarm functions are broken: Just like the subject heading says. Windows 10 suggested that I restart/clean the app so I did, but still those two functions don't work. However the stopwatch works fine. My computer is a Lenovo thinkcentre m92p small form factor, Intel Core i5-3470@3.2 GHZ processor,...
  8. Alarm clock / timer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alarm clock / timer: Sometimes the alarm on my timer/alarm clock sounds--and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/alarm-clock-timer/97b1a791-fe11-47bf-8285-757ee50c93bd
  9. Anybody have experience with Zone Alarm?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anybody have experience with Zone Alarm?: I got rid of Privatefirewall, and installed Zone Alarm. I noticed that when I installed Privatefirewall, it would ask me to do everything for the first time. And I could set it to remember. Even if I was just saving a document. Zone Alarm doesn't seem to be doing this. It...
  10. Timers/Alarms Not Dismissing Properly...

in Windows 10 Support
    Timers/Alarms Not Dismissing Properly...: Anyone else experiencing this issue since CU? When I ask Cortana to set a reminder timer or alarm, it comes up when it is supposed to, but upon clicking dismiss, it is acting like a snooze and continues popping up every few minutes until a restart is initiated. Just curious?...