Windows 10: Anybody familiar with WSL?

Discus and support Anybody familiar with WSL? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having a problem (i believe?) thats always been a thing. Would like to understand the cause and remedy it. I had a developer buddy throw together a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Feb 26, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Anybody familiar with WSL?

Having a problem (i believe?) thats always been a thing. Would like to understand the cause and remedy it.

I had a developer buddy throw together a few scripts for me in order to do something I needed that would have been impossible manually. For better or worse, he hasnt touched windows in a lot of years, therefore they came as .bash

I sorted out how to run them and they did their job just fine. Somewhere along the way, i stumbled upon another developer who tossed together a registry package to allow execution of them via double clicking. Win for useability and parity in general, and ive been using that - again without fail.

However the other day i noticed that relative to most scripts (all?) that ive ran .. ever. The bash scripts output nothing to the console window. execute the script and i get a cursor until its done. and some of them take a loooong while so you never know.

Ive become accustomed to this being the case but id prefer to have them output to the window so i can see theyre running and potentially see if one got stuck or had an issue etc etc.

I reached out to my associate, and he mentioned that in native linux they output, however he's unsure how it works with WSL so was unable to offer assistance.

Anybody able to guide me on this one?

:)

klepp0906, Feb 26, 2020

2. WSL in windows Store

Actually, this is a consumer-oriented forum for general Windows 10 questions.

As WSL concerns mostly developers and Enterprise, I suggest asking there.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Recovering Debian WSL after restting PC

Hi stéphane70,

Thank you for sharing a few details about yout concern. To get your Debian WSL
    installed on your Windows 10, I recommend the steps suggested on this article. You might also want to check the
    distros available after the installation for your reference. If you still get the same error
    message, I advise that you perform a clean boot first and seek if the issue still re-occurs. There might
    be a program that is preventing your WSL to be installed. However, if you still get the same issue, then the next steps is
    creating a new user profile and naming it as
    test. By doing so, we'd be able to eliminate the possibility of a certain setting hindering the installation.

I'll be waiting for the results and your response to assist you for there.

ErwinJames San, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in an Enterprise

Source: Using WSL in an Enterprise Windows Command Line Tools For Developers

Brink, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Anybody familiar with WSL? - Similar Threads - Anybody familiar WSL

2. Is anyone familiar with this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is anyone familiar with this issue: One of the customers I work with submitted a ticket, and to be honest I was not familiar with this issue at all. Basically, while the customer was logged in, a pop-up came on the screen and it was a pop-up of the log-in screen that you see when you initially log in to Windows...
  3. Is anyone familiar with this issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is anyone familiar with this issue: One of the customers I work with submitted a ticket, and to be honest I was not familiar with this issue at all. Basically, while the customer was logged in, a pop-up came on the screen and it was a pop-up of the log-in screen that you see when you initially log in to Windows...
  4. Is anyone familiar with this issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Anybody!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anybody!!: What does this mean and is it MY problem or THEIRS??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anybody/cb366e1e-abef-4af7-b92c-b3a2d64af520
  6. Anybody!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anybody!!: What does this mean and is it MY problem or THEIRS??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anybody/cb366e1e-abef-4af7-b92c-b3a2d64af520
  7. Anybody!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. ANTI-VIRUS - Is anyone familiar with TOTALAV?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ANTI-VIRUS - Is anyone familiar with TOTALAV?: Is anyone familiar with TOTALAV? While using CHROME, this came up on screen to download for free for all windows users. Wondering if it"s legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus/9c6a86fe-f7b9-46b6-a61f-f183d60cf3f7"
  9. An abriviation I'm not familiar with? SVC?

in Windows 10 Support
    An abriviation I'm not familiar with? SVC?: Hi there, I've been trying to recover a family members files after they fell victim to the new .locky Ransomware - After managing to recover some files using Recuva I went looking for some further reading on the subject. I came across the page linked below and on it a...
  10. Anybody Familiar with u32Jpg.fio???

in Windows 10 Support
    Anybody Familiar with u32Jpg.fio???: I use a relatively obscure commercial product "Photoimpact Pro" for many of my photo editing needs. For the last couple of months, I've been unable to use the program on my main desktop; as it goes through the several seconds of initialization it consistently hangs...