Windows 10: Anybody know what these artifacts are?

Discus and support Anybody know what these artifacts are? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What they are, what causes them and, most importantly, how to get rid of them......... [img] 119506 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

Anybody know what these artifacts are?

What they are, what causes them and, most importantly, how to get rid of them.........
    Anybody know what these artifacts are? [​IMG]

:)

Nisko, Oct 9, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 9, 2018
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    Strange artifacting issue

I’ve a weird issue and I’m not quite sure where to post this…

I purchased a new video card back in early August. A day later the card started artifacting (see my video there). At any rate I wound up RMAing the card and all was good until now… the new card is doing the same thing.

Here’s the strange thing though… The card only artifacts while I’m on the internet. I can game and benchmark for hours and the card won’t artifact, overheat or anything else. In other words the only issue I have with this card is it occasionally aartifacts while browsing the internet. Key info….

• Window 10 Pro RTM
    • Sapphire Tri-X R9 Fury
    • Catalyst Drivers 15.7.1
    • Internet explorer 11
    • EVGA Super Nova 1000 G2 (1000 watt)
    • Games played - Dragon Age: Inquisition, Skyrim, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (high settings)

My system specs are listed.

Anyway I’m not sure if this a driver, card, OS, or PS issue. I do know the only time it happens is while browsing the internet.

Anyway thoughts, suggestions, theories?

Thanks.

sygnus21, Oct 9, 2018
  4. BulldogXX Win User

What causes these odd font artifacts around numbers

The artifacts you are seeing appear only with numbers, but that's a red herring. It's a screen artifact like any other screen artifact that sometimes affects a monitor. The problem is that these artifacts have a million causes, give or take.

Presuming that you have a graphics driver that is supported on Windows 10, and that you have already tried restarting your computer, here are some fixes that have worked for others:

• Refresh the screen (press F5.) You may have to do this 2 or 3 times.
    • Turn off ClearType.
    • Open Task Manager and End Task on Windows Explorer. That forces the Windows shell to restart.

BulldogXX, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Anybody know what these artifacts are? - Similar Threads - Anybody artifacts are

2. Dose anybody know what this icon is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dose anybody know what this icon is: Dose anybody know what this icon is? So this has happened to me twice playing a game got stuck at the loading screen or that’s what it felt like but my game didn’t crash bc I can press the windows key and it works but u know when u press the windows key and u tab out well...
  3. Dose anybody know what this icon is

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dose anybody know what this icon is: Dose anybody know what this icon is? So this has happened to me twice playing a game got stuck at the loading screen or that’s what it felt like but my game didn’t crash bc I can press the windows key and it works but u know when u press the windows key and u tab out well...
  4. Do anybody know what is this? SHA1:0x55c857e2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do anybody know what is this? SHA1:0x55c857e2: Hello all again :/, i need answer immediately. So in task manager i have SHA1:0x55c857e2 Intel PROSet/Wireless service. I do put it in virus total no detection but.. Some IP adress i can send it here but if anyone responds. I need help i think its malware. The IP is from...
  5. Anyone know what's causing these artifacts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know what's causing these artifacts?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/No_Masterpiece4305 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ml5nqm/anyone_know_whats_causing_these_artifacts/
  6. Anybody here know what this is about?

Anybody here know what this is about?: submitted by /u/-Chicken_of_the_cave [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhgg7s/anybody_here_know_what_this_is_about/
  7. Anybody know what these files are in C:\

Anybody know what these files are in C:\: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NetStreet [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljbmbi/anybody_know_what_these_files_are_in_c/
  8. Anybody know what this icon is?

Anybody know what this icon is?: I’ve noticed this icon, only on video games. You guys familiar with it? Or is it built in with the system? Here. Thanks submitted by /u/Muzziken [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbf0sz/anybody_know_what_this_icon_is/
  9. GameInput Redistributable, does anybody know what this is?

GameInput Redistributable, does anybody know what this is?: I found it installed in my programs list today: https://i.imgur.com/LnfnsPU.png Apparently it's from Microsoft, but I can't find any official info on it. There's another recent thread about it here and nobody there knows what it is either. submitted by /u/sheburns...
  10. Is anybody know what si this file ~DFD73D964ACBB72CAF2b.TMP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is anybody know what si this file ~DFD73D964ACBB72CAF2b.TMP: Hello, Every time when I rty to update windows, this file showinng ~DFD73D964ACBB72CAF2b.TMP and ~DFFE646A3E7983A160.TMP, and two more files, I didn't have time to Screenshot. Thank you George...