Windows 10: Anybody know what these artifacts are?

Discus and support Anybody know what these artifacts are? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What they are, what causes them and, most importantly, how to get rid of them......... [img] 119506 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

Anybody know what these artifacts are?

What they are, what causes them and, most importantly, how to get rid of them.........
    Anybody know what these artifacts are? [​IMG]

:)

Nisko, Oct 9, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 9, 2018
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    Strange artifacting issue

I’ve a weird issue and I’m not quite sure where to post this…

I purchased a new video card back in early August. A day later the card started artifacting (see my video there). At any rate I wound up RMAing the card and all was good until now… the new card is doing the same thing.

Here’s the strange thing though… The card only artifacts while I’m on the internet. I can game and benchmark for hours and the card won’t artifact, overheat or anything else. In other words the only issue I have with this card is it occasionally aartifacts while browsing the internet. Key info….

• Window 10 Pro RTM
    • Sapphire Tri-X R9 Fury
    • Catalyst Drivers 15.7.1
    • Internet explorer 11
    • EVGA Super Nova 1000 G2 (1000 watt)
    • Games played - Dragon Age: Inquisition, Skyrim, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (high settings)

My system specs are listed.

Anyway I’m not sure if this a driver, card, OS, or PS issue. I do know the only time it happens is while browsing the internet.

Anyway thoughts, suggestions, theories?

Thanks.

sygnus21, Oct 9, 2018
  4. BulldogXX Win User

What causes these odd font artifacts around numbers

The artifacts you are seeing appear only with numbers, but that's a red herring. It's a screen artifact like any other screen artifact that sometimes affects a monitor. The problem is that these artifacts have a million causes, give or take.

Presuming that you have a graphics driver that is supported on Windows 10, and that you have already tried restarting your computer, here are some fixes that have worked for others:

• Refresh the screen (press F5.) You may have to do this 2 or 3 times.
    • Turn off ClearType.
    • Open Task Manager and End Task on Windows Explorer. That forces the Windows shell to restart.

BulldogXX, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Anybody know what these artifacts are? - Similar Threads - Anybody artifacts are

2. Don't Know What to Do with the Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Don't Know What to Do with the Laptop: I have a 4 year old laptop which windows doesn't let the updates to be downloaded on due to lack of space. It is an older model solid state drive model with 32GB of storage. Currently I have used all the tricks in the book to bring down the volume of stuff on it but still I...
  3. Anyone know what this file extension is?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone know what this file extension is?: These are the files on my back up drive, some are Ghost and (so I thought) a Win 10 back up. One has the extension .7 file. I know this is usually 7 zip but I don't use 7 zip and it looks like a back up from the size of it. Any ideas please? [img] 113979
  4. Ad aware program suddenly appeared -- anybody know what it is

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ad aware program suddenly appeared -- anybody know what it is: Hi there Not sure where this program came from --anybody got an idea what it is - easy enough to get rid of but am curious to know what it is. I suspect it probably is bundled with bloatware when downloading something - many sites make stuff so confusing to download...
  5. Macrium Tecnicians USB Legit or what --anybody know

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Tecnicians USB Legit or what --anybody know: Hi folks I came across something called "Macrium Tecnician's USB" - anybody know if this is a "legit" Macrium product or have some people been messing around with stuff on those sites not to be mentioned here. The tool seemed actually quite useful so I'd really love to...
  6. Monitor artifacting?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor artifacting?: Got any clues on what could be causing this? [MEDIA] you can see very breifly white lines going across the screen, not at the same places in the screen either, early in the video the lines appear near the top, other times near the bottom. this is while playing a game...
  7. Taskbar menu artifacts

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar menu artifacts: I have added menus to the taskbar in Windows 10, just as I did with Windows 7. In both systems there are artifacts, seen here: [img] When the taskbar is unlocked (upper image), the menus appear properly. But in the unlocked state it's all too easy to mess things up...
  8. Does anyone know what this is about?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does anyone know what this is about?: Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: Application:9WZDNCRD2G0J-Submission:1152921504626905280 This message has appeared in Windows 10 update log for the last few weeks. Haven't been able to track it down. Thanks in advance. 91993
  9. Anybody know about anytime upgrade for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anybody know about anytime upgrade for Windows 10: I have Windows 7 home premium. I would like to get Windows 10 professional. Anybody know what the options will be? Will they have an anytime upgrade likes Windows 7? 6574
  10. Help dont know what happened

in Windows 10 Support
    Help dont know what happened: sunday evening while using my laptop which runs Windows 10 with no problems started to do automatic upgrades and was configuring and had the message displayed DO NOT SHUT OFF COMPUTER and was installing when I accidentally shut off my next book tablet also running win 10 and...